Javier Vazquez

chisoxt

I think that by now, we are seeing why this guy has bounced around the majors. The guy has all the talent in the world, but apparently has neither the intelligence or the stones to go along with it. It is maddening to witness the amount of two out two strike runs this guys gives up. Contrast that with Freddy Garcia who manages to find ways to win, even without his best stuff.

Frankly, I hope that he can get his win total up so that we can cut our losses on him at season's end.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite frankly I hope he is the one dealt at the end of the year.

Can the guy actually throw a gem against a team not named Kansas City?

We may end up regret dealing a possible stud like Young for a guy who won't even sniff a playoff start.

Frankly, I hope that he can get his win total up so that we can cut our losses on him at season's end.

I sure hope we don't wait until the end of the season to dump this mope. Hopefully some team desperate for starting pitching can be fooled by his fabulous stuff and decent record into giving us something more than a bag of balls for him. I don't even want him as long relief. I'll take El Duke' over this guy any time.

QUOTE(Carlo Paz @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)

I sure hope we don't wait until the end of the season to dump this mope. Hopefully some team desperate for starting pitching can be fooled by his fabulous stuff and decent record into giving us something more than a bag of balls for him. I don't even want him as long relief. I'll take El Duke' over this guy any time.

You cannot be serious.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
You cannot be serious.

I will go on the record in his defense and say that what El Duque did against Boston last year will be more significant than anything Vazquez EVER does in a Sox uniform.

But otherwise, I'd rather have neither of them at this point.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:55 AM)
You cannot be serious.

Well, not entirely, but I really can't stand Vazquez. This guy is a pitch away from disaster in almost every inning he pitches. He seems to have #1 stuff and #6 performance. It seems like his trade value would be very high right now and I'd feel more confident with Brandon out there.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:30 AM)
Man, the rotation is gonna look way different next year without Garcia, Garland and Vazquez.

It's going to be Contreras, Buehrle, McCarthy, Broadway, and McCullough. My buddy flash might not be able to watch any game not started by Contreras.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
Vazquez has been our best pitcher against the Indians so far. He's just not fooling a lot of batters right now, and his WHIP/ERA is flying up.

wrong,

he is fooling hitters. he's just making stupid decisions (along with AJ, tonight) such as throwing a fastball on an 0-2 count with 2 outs...

he just doesn't have it, plain and simple. now, remember, jose contreras did not get his act together until being with the sox for a full year.

give him time, he's way more valuable than luis vizquaino and el duque

While his K rate has been good, look at his homer rate. THe last two years he gives up around 33 homers per 200 innings. He has given up 9 in 95 in a hitters league in a hitters park. That means that you could argue that he's been better than he's going to be with the gopherball. You just don't know day2day what you will get out of Javy Vazquez. Let's give Cooper a few more months with him though

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
wrong,

he is fooling hitters. he's just making stupid decisions (along with AJ, tonight) such as throwing a fastball on an 0-2 count with 2 outs...

he just doesn't have it, plain and simple. now, remember, jose contreras did not get his act together until being with the sox for a full year.

^^^^^^^^^

DING!!!!!

QUOTE(chisoxt @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
I think that by now, we are seeing why this guy has bounced around the majors. The guy has all the talent in the world, but apparently has neither the intelligence or the stones to go along with it. It is maddening to witness the amount of two out two strike runs this guys gives up. Contrast that with Freddy Garcia who manages to find ways to win, even without his best stuff.

He should be gone by the trade deadline.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)
wrong,

All you have to do is look at his WHIP for the last month or so. It's above 2.0. For someone with his stuff, that means he's not fooling a lot of hitters. His inability to avoid the big inning is still hurting him this year, and it's been his downfall in years past.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
All you have to do is look at his WHIP for the last month or so. It's above 2.0. For someone with his stuff, that means he's not fooling a lot of hitters. His inability to avoid the big inning is still hurting him this year, and it's been his downfall in years past.

He CAN fool hitters but his problem is that he's a mental midget. If he makes one bad pitch or gets one bad call from the ump he completely loses it and that's that.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
I will go on the record in his defense and say that what El Duque did against Boston last year will be more significant than anything Vazquez EVER does in a Sox uniform.

But otherwise, I'd rather have neither of them at this point.

So was Geoff Blum's HR. Would you rather have him too?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
Man, the rotation is gonna look way different next year without Garcia, Garland and Vazquez.

Great point, but it might not be a long-term situation. The performances of Garcia, Garland and Vazquez have one wondering what their roles with the Sox will be this season.

D-Train plz.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
Great point, but it might not be a long-term situation. The performances of Garcia, Garland and Vazquez have one wondering what their roles with the Sox will be this season.

D-Train plz.

That'd be fun the first time around the league, after that, I sure hope you like the way Garland pitches now because that's the type of results you'll be getting.