Minor League Manager goes nuts!

Rex Hudler

Minor League Manager doing his best Lou Piniella impression

Click on the link below for a hilarious video of a Minor League manager doing his best Lou Piniella impression on an umpire. As good as this was, it still wasn't as good as the show Wally Backman put on a few years ago in Birmingham.

Wally's show was similar, but it was at 3B. The base went much farther when he threw it. As he walked to the plate, the bat boy had put baseballs on home plate since the home plate umpire was out trying to calm down Wally. Wally kicked the four baseballs like a FG attempt. Then add about a dozen more bats, two water coolers and the gum/seed bucket and you have Wally's show. Nonetheless, this is worth the look.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
After seeing that I really want to see the other one described before. That sounds even better then this one was. Anyone know if or where I can find that video?

no video that I know of, sorry

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
Minor League Manager doing his best Lou Piniella impression

Click on the link below for a hilarious video of a Minor League manager doing his best Lou Piniella impression on an umpire. As good as this was, it still wasn't as good as the show Wally Backman put on a few years ago in Birmingham.

Wally's show was similar, but it was at 3B. The base went much farther when he threw it. As he walked to the plate, the bat boy had put baseballs on home plate since the home plate umpire was out trying to calm down Wally. Wally kicked the four baseballs like a FG attempt. Then add about a dozen more bats, two water coolers and the gum/seed bucket and you have Wally's show. Nonetheless, this is worth the look.

That is what I thought of when I seen this on SC. Wally's was far better it happened in 2003 I believe he got what a 5 game suspension it was funny all in all.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 07:56 AM)
Wow. I wonder if this guy will have a job this morning?

He Gawn prolly.

His owner won't stand for that.

Sure he will. He'll get suspended for 5-10 games (more likely 5 depending on what was said more than what was done). He's employed by the Colorado Rockies. His "owner" isn't really an issue.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
Sure he will. He'll get suspended for 5-10 games (more likely 5 depending on what was said more than what was done). He's employed by the Colorado Rockies. His "owner" isn't really an issue.

Apparently he was a pretty firey player too. I have no idea the type of manager he is, but the odds of him getting fired for this is slim to none, imo. Its not like he ever touched the ump. Sure he went on a tirade, but I'm also sure it deflected some of the angst with whatever has been going on with his team.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
I thought this was the franchise that wanted to promote character?

It was a freakin show put on by the manager. He didn't punch anyone. He didn't touch anyone. He just yelled and added a little theatrics. This has nothing to do with "character".

Hell, when Wally had his outburst, after he was finished, he winked and smiled at Juan Nieves, the pitching coach, on his way into the clubhouse.

This is funny to watch, but no big deal folks.