The streak ends...............BUT!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
Can Mack play 1b at all? I understand its a long shot, but if Hermanson does in fact make a comeback, you would have to think Gload is the odd man out, correct?

I'm pretty sure Mackowiak can play first, i would think McCarthy would be the odd man out and would go back down to AAA to get starts.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
I'm pretty sure Mackowiak can play first, i would think McCarthy would be the odd man out and would go back down to AAA to get starts.

Then that begs the next question. Who is going to be the long relief man? IMO, they would option Gload first before they do McCarthy.

QUOTE(Thunderin @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
Iguchi is DA MAN!!!

If you haven't watched the video yet on chisox.com, please check it out, it does bring a smile to your face seeing it.

I just got back from the game. I stayed for every pitch and made my mom and sister stay and stop b****ing. I had UD tickets behind home plate, but luckily one of my friends was down low and I went and sat with him. I was behind the Sox dugout and on my feet from the bottom of the 7th until the last out of the 13th. Unreal game, especially given the situation. Great sweep of the Cards and two improbable grand slams already this seris, and as soon as we got to the bullpen I said to my friend that we were going to comeback. Konerko hits a home run and we say "7 more". I guess Tad heard us and did the rest. I was literally running up and down the stairs in section 140 after the grand slam, because as soon as Cintron got up we said just get on and then were yelling for Pods to walk so Gooch could do it. Then bam! Great great game, all of you that left early sure did get your punishment.

I'm so glad baseball tonight just showed the highlights and didn't make a big deal out of what we did. But Mussina's start tonight for the Yankees was sooo much more important. I enjoyed hearing what has been wrong with his mechanics lately. f*** ESPN.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
I'm so glad baseball tonight just showed the highlights and didn't make a big deal out of what we did. But Mussina's start tonight for the Yankees was sooo much more important. I enjoyed hearing what has been wrong with his mechanics lately. f*** ESPN.

cmon the only thing ESPN can do now is knock our coach....it was like an anti ozzie weenie roast tonight.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
cmon the only thing ESPN can do now is knock our coach....it was like an anti ozzie weenie roast tonight.

I'm glad I was there and didn't have to sit through all that ESPN crap. People on The Score's post-game show were making it sound bad.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 06:42 AM)

Baseball Tonight was filmed before our game. Our games have been one of the main stories on ESPN all week. That's the last thing we should be complaining about.

Has anyone seen a more satisfying game that we lost......if you have please enlighten me....I am talkin about pre 1980's.....I guess the only game i can compare it to is the Paully (slump breaker) HR and the HURT walk off against MN......maybe there was something in the fernandez/one dog years but the college years have made me forget....and the BO conference winner doesnt count......that wasn't before the allstar break

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
It still sucks to come all the way back and not be able to pull it out. Though, the last time the Sox did something like this on a Sunday night ESPN game they had an extended period of success afterwards.

taguchi... :fight

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
My confidence in our offense this year is 5 times what it was last year. I do have a serious question though? Has Ross Gload done anything this year to help us win a game?

I asked one of my friends something like this last night while we were watching the game. I'm pretty sure Gload has never done anything that has visibly made him part of the team (Mackowiak's PH homer against the A's, Cintron's homer against the Tigers). He's really very useless, and I still think my comparison to Gil from the Simpsons is perfect.

Wow, that's the best loss I've ever seen. Outside of Vazquez having absolutely no command last night, there were few negatives on the Sox's side last night. They did exactly what one needs to do when facing an ace: try to make him throw a lot of pitches and get to the bullpen. And, boy, did they ever get to that 'pen. On the other hand, our 'pen was outstanding.

We got two bad starts from Vazquez and Garland, yet still managed to take 2/3... and came damn close to winning the third. THREE grand slams in three consecutive days... wow. I love the way that these guys pick each other up.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Jon Miller, for once, made a great call on that homer.

You mean the one from TA-DA Iguchi? How about the defense from Alex Cin-TRONE? :rolly

I can't stand Miller.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
You mean the one from TA-DA Iguchi? How about the defense from Alex Cin-TRONE? :rolly

I can't stand Miller.

Why because he actually pronounces the names of the Spanish speaking players correctly? To me its refreshing and sad all at the sametime. It shows he actually does his research on the players and pronounciations.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
LOL. No way in hell that happens.

I bet Montero Sport goes back.

Man, this whole series, Ed Farmer's been saying that as long as you're close enough to tie it with a grand slam, you are still in the game!

That's what kept me listening!!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 08:29 AM)
Why because he actually pronounces the names of the Spanish speaking players correctly? To me its refreshing and sad all at the sametime. It shows he actually does his research on the players and pronounciations.

I haven't taken Spanish since high school, but it's my understanding that one automatically emphasizes the second-to-last syllable unless otherwise designated by an accent mark. I've never seen an accent mark over the "O" in Cintron's name. Therefore, I'd expect his name to be pronounced more like: SEEN-trone. Perhaps I'm wrong and that's the way that Alex's family pronounces their last name, but I've never heard anyone in the Sox organization pronounce it like Miller does.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
I haven't taken Spanish since high school, but it's my understanding that one automatically emphasizes the second-to-last syllable unless otherwise designated by an accent mark. I've never seen an accent mark over the "O" in Cintron's name. Therefore, I'd expect his name to be pronounced more like: SEEN-trone. Perhaps I'm wrong and that's the way that Alex's family pronounces their last name, but I've never heard anyone in the Sox organization pronounce it like Miller does.

Via ESPN (although yea, they could be wrong):

Proper Name: Alexander Cintron

Born: December 17, 1978

Humacao, Puerto Rico

Height: 6-1

Weight: 205 lbs.

Pronounced: SIN-tron

Edited by Felix

I hope Vazquez is a little light in the wallet today cuz he needs to be buying dinner for Konerko, Cintron, Mackowiak, Podsednik, Cotts, Jenks and ESPECIALLY Iguchi.

Someone at work said to me, "Tough loss last night," and I was like, why? It serves notice that the White Sox are NEVER out of the game and will NEVER quit. You hear that Tigers? That's the sound of a freight train on your ass.