Sox in Pittsburgh

jfbrens

Just out of raging curiosity, do you ever encounter players when you stay at their hotels? Obviously you probably walk by them, but do they ever hang out?

Or do they keep to themselves as you wave at them from across the room?

I've always been curious how this works. What about Hawk and Deejay? See them too? DJ mentioned while in Cincinatti walking back to the hotel and seeing nothing but Sox fans the whole way.

Any good stories?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
Just out of raging curiosity, do you ever encounter players when you stay at their hotels? Obviously you probably walk by them, but do they ever hang out?

Or do they keep to themselves as you wave at them from across the room?

I've always been curious how this works. What about Hawk and Deejay? See them too? DJ mentioned while in Cincinatti walking back to the hotel and seeing nothing but Sox fans the whole way.

Any good stories?

Well, I stay at a hotel in Appleton that the opponents of the Packers play, and they always come around and sign autographs and chat with fans. I also stayed at a hotel in a Chicago in '99 that the Packers were at, and I sat down and had a soda with Corey Bradford. I was like 11, and I was with my dad. He is the nicest professional athlete I have ever met. He let me wear his gold, diamond-plated "85" pendant necklace. I love that guy!

So anyways, professional athletes are generally nice people (some exceptions) and I bet they would have no problem chatting and signing a few autographs. Just be nice. Remember, they don't have to if they don't want to.

I should take some pics of my autograph collection sometime.

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
Well, I stay at a hotel in Appleton that the opponents of the Packers play, and they always come around and sign autographs and chat with fans. I also stayed at a hotel in a Chicago in '99 that the Packers were at, and I sat down and had a soda with Corey Bradford. I was like 11, and I was with my dad. He is the nicest professional athlete I have ever met. He let me wear his gold, diamond-plated "85" pendant necklace. I love that guy!

So anyways, professional athletes are generally nice people (some exceptions) and I bet they would have no problem chatting and signing a few autographs. Just be nice. Remember, they don't have to if they don't want to.

I should take some pics of my autograph collection sometime.

Oh I hear ya; but I won't be there. But I personally never ask for autographs anyway.

QUOTE(jfbrens @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 09:02 AM)
Long time sox fans heading to Pittsburgh to see the beloved Sox. Does anyone know what hotel the team will be staying at? Thanks for the help!

Joe

The White Sox are like Chuck Norris: They don't sleep, they wait.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
Oh I hear ya; but I won't be there. But I personally never ask for autographs anyway.

The Paper Valley, the hotel in Appleton, has an autograph area. You stand in a lined-in area and if the players want to sign, they come to there.

The one in Chicago had one too, but there was no line, just a guard.

But I have only run into one player, Dan Marino, who refused to sign autographs at the Paper Valley. Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper, Aaron Brooks... all these guys signed, except Marino.

QUOTE(steve @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
The White Sox are like Chuck Norris: They don't sleep, they wait.

Not only is that sooo old, but its way out of place.

QUOTE(jfbrens @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
Having trouble finding the Hotel Coral Essex on the internet..... are you sure that is the name? Or is it in the suburbs of pittsburgh?

that was the hotel in Revenge of the Nerds 2, and when the turned off some of the lights, it said 'Hot Oral Sex'...sorry, no one got the joke. I know...who watches Revenge of the Nerds 2? I don't know. Just remembered it.

Good luck in Pittsburgh.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
The Hotel Coral Essex

QUOTE(jfbrens @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
Having trouble finding the Hotel Coral Essex on the internet..... are you sure that is the name? Or is it in the suburbs of pittsburgh?

The rooms are under Louis Skolnick, the traveling secretary. :D

Edited by RibbieRubarb