Memo to Jim Thome: Please adjust to Inside Pitch

Hangar18

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After he went 0-for in his first 4 at-bats last night, Thome should have switched and batted righty. That way, the pitcher might have been confused if they could still pitch him inside and put it out over the plate...Oh I can't even finish writing this.

People please, even the great Albert Pujols has days like Thome did last night and Hall of Famers go into slumps too. Please save this thread for the time when Thome is 2 for his last 30 and batting .250.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
After he went 0-for in his first 4 at-bats last night, Thome should have switched and batted righty. That way, the pitcher might have been confused if they could still pitch him inside and put it out over the plate...Oh I can't even finish writing this.

People please, even the great Albert Pujols has days like Thome did last night and Hall of Famers go into slumps too. Please save this thread for the time when Thome is 2 for his last 30 and batting .250.

WHo would have thought that Thome's production this season would match his career avg??? Holy crap what a surprise!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Give him his media watches back, this topic is just plain pathetic.

They were talking about the Media coverage of the SOX on the Score a little while ago, with Murph of all people

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
Actually, I've seen the opposite out of him lately. He's waiting and being too selective.

Pitch #1 : strike down the middle (taken)

Pitch #2 : ball outside

Pitch #3 : fouled off an inside pitch or called strike

Pitch #4 : ball outside

Pitch #5 : called strike three

agreed. another pitch that has been getting him is the curveball that's in the low, outside portion of the strike zone. he's taking it way too much.

the man can hit, so he got owned by oswalt... that happens to many. when he hits [prediction]3 homeruns in the series vs. Pittsburgh[/prediction] it will all be forgotten.

QUOTE(zygoat @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
and it would be nice if jim could close his stance and put the ball down the third base line. During that 13 inning game, it would have been nice to see him hit a single down the line and then bring in a pinch runner and work the small ball

anyways keep up the good work

Especially since it worked out so well when Uribe was bunted over by Mack and didn't score. And with Crede and Dye already out of the game, why take out your other big bat? And I don't know what inning you are referring to, but the only guy left on the bench was Widger becase Pablo came out of the game after that infield hit he got.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 11:42 AM)
Hopefully he doesnt spend the rest of the season trying to adjust to the inside pitch. Thome is just as dangerous taking walks and Frustrating the Pitcher to the point they try to sneak a fastball by him is what made him very Frank Thomas-like in April. Every mistake he scorched, of course this is the AL, the pitchers arent foolish the 2nd time around. Im thinking he hasnt been in the AL for a while so its taking him some getting used to again. But we need him to do so ........... Going 0 for 6 last nite hurt us very much, any kind of hit probably wins us the game.

Isn't that why there are 9 guys playing...and 25 on the team? Thome went 0-fer...but Iguchi had 7 RBIs! See how that works!

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
Isn't that why there are 9 guys playing...and 25 on the team? Thome went 0-fer...but Iguchi had 7 RBIs! See how that works!

Keep in mind that the Sox had only 23 Sunday night with Anderson and Riske suspended. Tough day to go 13 innings.

Ya gotta believe some people that complain about a guy going 0 - 5 with 4Ks but say nothing about his GW HR 3 days earlier have got Fantasy interests ahead of baseball knowledge. And to have expected Thome to continue at the pace he was going earlier in the season is just plain dumb. The guy avgs 45 HRs WITH 150 Ks in a healthy yr. The Ks should NOT surprise anybody! :chair

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
I didnt know what to expect from him entering the season. But that first month, watching the way he Selected his Pitches and Crushed balls, .310, 60HRs and 150 RBI was a certainty...............

Going about things the way hes doing, he wont hit those numbers.

hahaha, only mcgwire, sosa, bonds, ruth, and maris have EVER hit 60...

yet you expected it??

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
Who will strike out more looking... thome or podsednik? I believe it is a damn good race and they usually like to match each other once one does it during a game.

Pods has to be leading the league in strikeouts looking. I dont think anyone can compete

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
Thome is looking much better at the plate tonight, imo. He's taking the close pitches and even taking some strikes (that aren't good hitters pitches). I think he's close to getting back on a tear.

I love how he went the other way with one of his hits. Thats something that was missing during his mini-funk.