Two main characters to die in last Harry Potter book

southsider2k5

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
eh after they killed off Dumbedore so easily just like that I dont think this one will be as good as the first 5. Notice i didnt say 6 =p. Also I dont see how Harry has the power to take down Voldemort who is like 10 times the wizard Harry is.

I was as jaw-drop shocked and then bummmed as anybody about Dumbledore's fate in Halfblood Prince, but I thought that book lived up to the legacy of the series quite nicely. And like everybody, I have a bunch of half-baked theories as to what really happened then and what that means for the end of the series.

As far as Harry being Unable to best Voldemort, you have to keep in mind both the strange and not fully explained power connection between the two of them, and also the love-based protective spell thingie from his mom. sort of related to both of those is my most recent half-baked theory (and I have to look back at HBP to see if it would even work):

Can Harry be the last Horcrux?

And dang it, I just Googled it, and I'm not the only one who thinks this is possible. :angry:

But think it through. Dumbledore did believe that Voldemort was trying to make a horcrux (probably #7) when he killed James and Lilly and tried to kill Harry. Dumbledore thinks he failed, but maybe not. There is a suggestion that the horcrux vessel does not have to be inanimate, as Dumbledore thinks that the snake Nagini is likely a horcrux.

OK, think about the connection Voldemort has with Nagini. Now think about how similar the connection to Harry is. I really think part of Voldemort's sould could be in Harry, and that could explain a lot of the connection.

It can also set up the huge catch-22 of the final book: Once the other horcruxes have been destroyed, the ONLY way to make sure Voldemort could never return would be for Harry to sacrifice himself so that both he and Voldemort die.

I guess Harry could survive and if he contained only 1/7 of Voldemort's sould it would be hard for him to regain power. But this line of reasoning does jibe with JK's hints that two key players are going to die.

I figured Ginnny was going to bite it as well in the last book, despite Harry trying to distance himself for her safety.

Damn, I want that book to come out. Hurry up and finish it JK!!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
I don't buy Harry as a horcrux, but we'll see.

A stretch probably, but it seems like it could explain a lot of things.

The psychic connection, parselmouth ability, near-sorting into Slytherin, etc. . .

Of course, if it was the case I don't believe Voldemort would be aware of it - it would have happened accidentally when he was trying to horcrux something else at the time of his defeat.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim