Met's Reporter Shows Mariotti How It's Done

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 03:41 AM)
In all fairness, Mariotti has been subject to physical threats by White Sox personal. If you were in such a situation where they start attacking you physically, would you want to go face-to-face with them? I wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure none of the Sox players/personnel would be stupid enough to physically attack Mariotti.

whether or not mariotti wants to believe it, it is part of his job to go into locker rooms, as i'm sure just about most professional journalists would agree. it's about being accountable for what you write, and being willing to discuss things with the people you are writing about.

his stance of not going because he was "threatened" in the past is complete and utter nonsense. if someone was stupid enough to hit him or physically attack him, two things would happen. one, the fight would be broken up almost immediately, and would not be severe. two, he'd have a lawsuit on his hands that would likely multiply his income 10-fold. so him claiming that threats of an attack have kept him out of there is just plain ridiculous. it's because he doesn't want to answer for his repeated personal attacks on people, and to me that's unforgiveable.

i mean, i understand why he doesn't want to go in there. locker rooms suck. it's the worst possible place to conduct and interview, and i just about loathed every trip i made into one. but i did it because that was what the job required.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
In all fairness, Mariotti has been subject to physical threats by White Sox personal. If you were in such a situation where they start attacking you physically, would you want to go face-to-face with them? I wouldn't.

If I were to talk s*** about you, slandering you constantly right here, and you had no way of responding to it in writing because it wouldn't be published...would you physically threaten me if I were to come to your place of work asking you questions with you full-well knowing that I am just going to take that info and turn it against you again in a day or two?

Drew pretty much hit the nail on the head right here...Mariotti is threatened because of the things he writes, not because of the person he is.

Mariotti would not have the gonads to ever write a column like this. The best he can do is throw out vague innuendos about somethings that might have happened in the murky past. Klapish tells who, what, when, why and where. Things that can either be verified or disproven.

So Jay, if you see this post, let's see if you got what it takes or are you the coward that Ozzie asserts you are?

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)

Poor Jay! :finger JM. He likes to talk the talk, walk the walk.