Official Game Thread 6/27 - Sox vs Pirates 6:05

Lets do it boys!! Anderson returns with his stellar defense and we catch the Pirates on an 11 game losing streak. This is their World Series and I'm sure they are looking to these three games for inspiration. Let's inspire them to crawl in a hole and hide for the rest of they year. Snell has never faced the Sox so lets give him a BIG welcome. Mark needs to take care of our old nemesis known as the sox killer. Randa is batting .357 against him with 3 doubles, 2 dongs and 9 steaks. Shut him down MB and lets keep the domination over the NL Central rolling along.

:gosox3: :gosox1:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
What does snell feature pitch-wise? anyone know?

Not entirely sure but when hes on he can be one of the best pitchers on their team, its gonna take us a couple of at bats to start hitting him because we havent seen him before.

Snell is a damn good pitcher. I remember watching him pitch against the rookie phenom Liriano and he gave the Twins all they could handle. Be prepared to see some goose eggs on the board because the guy can put up the 0's.

His featured pitch is his fastball, which ranges low to mid 90's. His changeup has been improving considerably and so hasn't his curve. He also has been known to fool quite a few batters with his slider.

The caveat to Snell is that he hasn't really been able to adjust to adversity, meaning if the Sox can shake him emotionally, he caves. If the Sox can get on base consistently through the game and put him in pressure situations, Snell will falter. He can be a really timid pitcher if you get to him.

I really like the Sox's chances with Buerhle on the mound and also due to the fact that I know the Sox will shake Snell pretty good as long as they are patient at the plate.

Should be a good one :cheers

Edited by soxunited

Time for Buehrle to tie Garland for HRs hit by a Sox pitcher :D

Welcome back Rob. I hope you get a clutch hit off of Damaso.

Time to start a new winning streak and gear up for the Pirates II. I mean, the Cubs.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
Wonder if weather will allow tonight's game out there.

i'll be very dissapointed, i hate having played less games then detroit, it makes us "seem" further from detriot than we actually are.