SPIDER-MAN 3 TEASER!!

RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 02:56 AM)
Sam Raimi originally wanted Chameleon. But Sony demanded Venom. Raimi agreed only if he could do Venom his way.

So Venom is NOT an alien life-form this time out.

Ok, thanks. I thought I was losing it there for a second. So what is the backstory on Venom then if it is not an alien lifeform?

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)
Ok, thanks. I thought I was losing it there for a second. So what is the backstory on Venom then if it is not an alien lifeform?

That's what the costume for Venom is (the ET symbiote) that Spidey uses but it impacts him negatively. Eddie Brock then bonds with it and, viola, Venom is born.

If they just have it be some super substance that was created by OsCorp. or something just for the film, it's going to be a total hack n' slash to the storyline.

/comic purist

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)

I'm not sure, that's one of the plot points that's being kept under wraps. We might not even see Venom under nearly the end and then setting up Spidey 4.

It looks like the MAIN villians for 3 will be The Sandman and Hobgoblin.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 01:04 AM)
If the last villain was Carnage, this would easily be the best in the series. Venom and Carnage in the same movie!?!? But I read that they signed somebody on to play The Lizard so I don't know for sure.

Dylan Baker has been playing Dr. Connors for two films now. I'm sure The Lizard would be CGI.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 02:40 AM)
Not getting any love for Mysterio, Vulture, Electro, Hobgoblin, Morbius, Rhino or Shocker?!

Poor Chameleon and Lizard being on the outskirts.

That was also one of Raimi's choices for 3.

Plus don't forget Man-Wolf, they did introduce JJ's son in #2 ;)

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
That's what the costume for Venom is (the ET symbiote) that Spidey uses but it impacts him negatively. Eddie Brock then bonds with it and, viola, Venom is born.

If they just have it be some super substance that was created by OsCorp. or something just for the film, it's going to be a total hack n' slash to the storyline.

/comic purist

I don't think that they have the budget to show the entire Secret Wars.

/comics brother

WireImage Spoils Big Spider-Man 3 Twist

Source: WireImage July 4, 2006

WireImage has uploaded four pages of photos from the June 30th Spider-Man 3 shoot in New York that give away one of the big twists in the anticipated third installment. Unless you're really eager to find out something like this so early, we advise you to stay far away.

**SPOILER AT LINK**

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.as...==197373&nbc1=1