SnB

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 03:37 AM)
Wrong.

Goldeneye was the best game ever for N64, there really is no competition

About eight years ago or so my buddies and I would play Goldeneye for hours on end. Gotta have 'paintball' mode on, though. :D

That, and the WCW/NWO Revenge series. Those wrestling games were the best. Ahh, those were the days...

I'm gonna go back a little further, and bring up the BEST sports game (BAR NONE) of the 90s. EA Sports NHL 93-95 were probably the best NHL video games ever made. Why EA hasn't put one of those games onto one of the newer versions of the game (like Madden did with one of their older games in M'05) is beyond me. I thought I heard that they put NHL '94 onto NHL 2006, but I never went out and rented it. Anybody have NHL '06?

I'm going off-tangent here, but the video game scenes in Swingers and The Breakup (both with Vince Vaughn) are two of the funnier, more-memorable moments in my 'movie lifetime'.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
About eight years ago or so my buddies and I would play Goldeneye for hours on end. Gotta have 'paintball' mode on, though. :D

That, and the WCW/NWO Revenge series. Those wrestling games were the best. Ahh, those were the days...

Yeah those 2 games were great in the old N64 days. Nothing like Goldeneye on Multiplayer.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 02:23 AM)

I remember on a few occasions getting in heated arguments over Goldeneye's multiplayer mode. The game had a tendency to bring out the competitiveness in people. Nothing I hated more than the bastards who would take advantage of N64's many glitches and place a mine somewhere you couldn't see it. :lol:

I'm gonna go back a little further, and bring up the BEST sports game (BAR NONE) of the 90s. EA Sports NHL 93-95 were probably the best NHL video games ever made. Why EA hasn't put one of those games onto one of the newer versions of the game (like Madden did with one of their older games in M'05) is beyond me. I thought I heard that they put NHL '94 onto NHL 2006, but I never went out and rented it. Anybody have NHL '06?

as far as the NHL game goes, I have it and me and brian played it for hours on end at school, it's an awesome pick up.

And I agree with you, those N64 wrestling games were ridiculously fun. All the ones made by THQ, i think wrestlemanio 2000 was my favorite, I wish i could find it, I know it's lying around here somewhere.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
Wrong.

Goldeneye was the best game ever for N64, there really is no competition

Sorry, but Loz: OoT, Loz: MM, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, HM64... >>>> Goldeneye. :P

Edited by Sox It To Em

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
Sorry, but Loz: OoT, Loz: MM, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, HM64... >>>> Goldeneye. :P

No way Goldeneye >>>>> than all that crap. And the best mario kart racing game was for super nintendo :P .

Also I loved those wrestling games too... back in the day when N64 ruled it was mario kart, wrestling, and goldeneye 24/7... mostly goldeneye.

Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask are both my favorite games ever..

But nothing will hold a candle to multiplayer mode on Goldeneye, boy when I got double Dostels, there was no stoppin me..

I HATED it when people would pick Odd Job and crouch and just chop you when it was on one shot kills.. we had plenty of fights over that

I'm going off-tangent here, but the video game scenes in Swingers and The Breakup (both with Vince Vaughn) are two of the funnier, more-memorable moments in my 'movie lifetime'.

The old 94 NHL is on 2006. It definitely is fun to play when you are wasted.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, i did end up buying a 360 on friday, and I really am loving it.

Bought call of duty 2, which is one intense game and really shows off the system.

I'm loving xbox live, the whole downloading demos scene is really cool.

NCAA comes out tommorow, pumped.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)

Bought call of duty 2, which is one intense game and really shows off the system.

EB Games had a midnight sale

Im playing NCAA as we speak!!!!

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)
nice man

so happy right now :wub:

gotta work early and all day tommorow, so i'll be picking it up tommorow night, ah well.

i played the demo for 360 alot today, and came away really impressed.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
gotta work early and all day tommorow, so i'll be picking it up tommorow night, ah well.

i played the demo for 360 alot today, and came away really impressed.

Yeah it looked real nice on 360

no campus legend mode, but still dynasty is all you really need

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)

SnB...Call of Duty is great, no doubt...the singleplayer is awesome, and the multiplayer is great fun too. I'd love to add you to the friends list...my tag is: Mad Bohemian

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Anyone want to sell NCAA football 06 for PS2, cheap?

Sell it to you?

Because with the release of NCAA 07 today I am sure that you could find it for a cheap price in a gaming store

I have NCAA '07 for regular X-Box, but I played a game over at my friend's house on 360.

Damn, that game is IMPRESSIVE for 360. The stadiums look scary realistic, and the controls are real nice, too. Things seem to flow real nicely.

As for the X-Box version, it doesn't look like they switched a whole lot from last year. I'm sure there's some added stuff (like the kick meter, which I like), but the gameplay seems the same as last year. The difference between 360 and regular X-Box is night-and-day, in gameplay and in graphics (obviously).

Anyone know how to change it to the regular camera on kickoff returns? I like seeing the whole field rather than such a limited view.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 03:29 AM)
I have NCAA '07 for regular X-Box, but I played a game over at my friend's house on 360.

Damn, that game is IMPRESSIVE for 360. The stadiums look scary realistic, and the controls are real nice, too. Things seem to flow real nicely.

As for the X-Box version, it doesn't look like they switched a whole lot from last year. I'm sure there's some added stuff (like the kick meter, which I like), but the gameplay seems the same as last year. The difference between 360 and regular X-Box is night-and-day, in gameplay and in graphics (obviously).

Anyone know how to change it to the regular camera on kickoff returns? I like seeing the whole field rather than such a limited view.

i rented NCAA and as usual it is awesome...BUT...lots of lag on-line. Anyone have the same experience? It doesn't make sense to me, since Madden is also an EA game, and it doesn't lag like NCAA.

Edited by tonyho7476