6/27 Games

danman31

Charlotte lost 2-1. Sweeney 2-4 with a double. Haeger with 7 strong innings, giving up 2 runs. Box Score

Birmingham went nuts with 19 hits in an 11-2 win. Pedro Lopez 3-6 with 3 RBI. Smith 2-6. Cory Aldridge 5-5, all singles, with 2 runs. Schnurstein 2-5. Molina 2-4. Myers 3-4 with 3 runs. Lumsden with 7 stud innings (1 run, 4 hits). Box Score

Carolina League-Cali League All-Star game was today. Of the Warthogs: Kelly went 0-1 with an RBI and a run, Donny Lucy 1-2, Harrell got 3 groundouts (1 reached on an error, the other a double play) in the 3rd, and Fernando Hernandez surrendered only a hit in the 8th. The Carolina League won 6-3. Box Score

Kanny had a doubleheader rained out.

Great Falls won 5-3. Hunter and Reves 2-4. Box Score

Bristol got shutout 4-0. Gerst and Mead 2-4. Box Score

Dan, Alex, I know not too many people say this much, but I really do appreciate these threads saying how our spects do in each game. It's a very underrated job you guys do to let posters here who love prospects (like myself) keep informed of it.. Nice work. :cheers:

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
Dan, Alex, I know not too many people say this much, but I really do appreciate these threads saying how our spects do in each game. It's a very underrated job you guys do to let posters here who love prospects (like myself) keep informed of it.. Nice work. :cheers:

Yeah, I got lazy with them this year because people didn't seem too care much. I guess people like reading them and not posting, which is completely fine, I just wasn't able to probably gauge the interest.

Edited by danman31

I have never been so excited over a draft pick, this kid has so much potential oozing out of him.

Not to rain on your parade, but Cruz is already 23 years old and hitting in low A ball. I do think if we move him to Kannapolis soon that he could hold his own.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Okay BB, your gonna have to tell me what ISO is. Is that what Baseball Prospectus uses in its predictions?

ISO is "Isolated Power". It is pretty straightforward - Slugging Percentage minus Batting Average. It gives you a measure of how much power a hitter has.

Good examples on the Sox - Podsednik's ISO is .128. That's actually pretty high for Scott - last year he had a ISO of .069. That's a singles-hitter only. Thome is the opposite. His ISO is .324. Roughly speaking, when he gets a hit, it's a double on average.

An ISO of .200 is usually considered decent power. .300 is very, very good power.

ISO's on the Sox:

Konerko: .261

Iguchi: .136

Crede: .221

Pods: .128

Thome: .324

Pierzynski: .120 (looooowwww)

Dye: .312 (awesome)

Uribe: .164

Anderson: .132

Garland: 1.500 (for fun)