Vote for Tadahito

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
the way i look at it is,

white sox won the world series,

white sox might win another,

i dont give a f*** about the all-star game... last year i thought pods deserved it, this year iguchis stats are quite padded by one game on sunday... he's just not an All-Star in my book... no no AL second basemen are

There we differ, then. and that's where this conversation ends.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
Maybe this will end up working out for us like it did with Pods last year. Perhaps we can get all of the Yankee fan votes (to prevent Loretta from being voted in) along with all of our own.

Man, I'm posting a lot in this thread.

If you know any Yankees boards, go on over.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
If "Soxnation" couldnt pull together and get our most deserving player(S) starting the All-Star game, I very much doubt we can get one guy in. 3rd in AL attendence, not one All-Star starter. Sox fans are either lazy or just don't care.

Or they're just outnumbered by the sheer number of Red Sox and Yankee fans throughout the country.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
Or they're just outnumbered by the sheer number of Red Sox and Yankee fans throughout the country.

That would probably explain why Jason Bay is the leading vote getter in the NL, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't see at least a dozen Pirates hats

^^^^^^^

never go with the obvious answer when you can bring up comments such as "sox nation is lazy"

my iguchi Japan comment was based on the fact that Japanese see ichiro and vote, regardless if he were hitting .200 or .400, much like joe idiot who goes to a major league baseball game and see yankees or red sox next to a player and votes for said player regardless of whether he's heard of him or not.

im just surprised that doesn't carry over.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
That would probably explain why Jason Bay is the leading vote getter in the NL, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't see at least a dozen Pirates hats

It's completely different in the NL. The Yankee-Red Sox rivalry is much greater in scope than any rivalry you'll find in the NL. Plus, they're the two biggest fanbases trying to outdo each other.

I did my part. And I will continue voting like a Chicago election, early and often.

In reference to previous posts, I think Iguchi has a large Japanese-American fanbase. In Cincinnati, there was an Asian family in front of me in Red's gear that would wave a Japanese flag every time Iguchi came to bat. I think the Asian community can give a big boost with White Sox fans votes to get him in if this story gets enough attention.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
I did my part. And I will continue voting like a Chicago election, early and often.

In reference to previous posts, I think Iguchi has a large Japanese-American fanbase. In Cincinnati, there was an Asian family in front of me in Red's gear that would wave a Japanese flag every time Iguchi came to bat. I think the Asian community can give a big boost with White Sox fans votes to get him in if this story gets enough attention.

but its not a story.

:cheers

I'm not saying that soxtalk members are the problem... but saying the Yankees fans are more competitive with a bigger fanbase is not an excuse. We had Pods beat Jeter and Matsui by nearly double last year for that final vote. Maybe we have to rely on the Sox to campaign every year in order for people to get "into" voting?? The last game(s) I was at last week against the Cardinals... in a 20-2 romp, people were making paper airplanes and littering the park with the ballots instead of voting. The ushers did their job by passing them out, just most of the fans had no idea what the hell they were, nor cared for that matter.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
I'm not saying that soxtalk members are the problem... but saying the Yankees fans are more competitive with a bigger fanbase is not an excuse. We had Pods beat Jeter and Matsui by nearly double last year for that final vote. Maybe we have to rely on the Sox to campaign every year in order for people to get "into" voting?? The last game(s) I was at last week against the Cardinals... in a 20-2 romp, people were making paper airplanes and littering the park with the ballots instead of voting. The ushers did their job by passing them out, just most of the fans had no idea what the hell they were, nor cared for that matter.

Once again, a huge factor in Pods winning last year was the Red Sox fans voting to keep Jeter out.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)

Jason Bay plays for the Pirates. They are hosting the game this year. Otherwise I doubt he'd be a top vote getter.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)

Matsui and Jeter are on the same team. Their votes canceled out, helping Pods. Not to mention the BoSox voting for him so Jeter doesnt make it.