Gamethread 6-29-06, Sox vs. Pirates

Capn12

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just finding all the holes today. Nothing you can do about it. Was bound to happen to Jose at some point. Kinda funny that his longest winning streak is going against their longest losing streak. Fitting I guess.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
Farmer just said "Contreras has not had his best stuff today". Sounds like we hear that every time he picthes lately.

i was thinking the same exact thing...i dont know whats been more fustrating: jose or having oppp. to score and not taking advantage or when we had a leadoff 2b and had BA and contreras next.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
Check out his CERA this year. He's been awful at mixing up the location.

Ahh, I didn't know it was Widger's responsibility to make sure the pitchers ALWAYS hit their location. Didn't know AJ has the same magic ability. :headshake

Does everyone forget the fact Ozzie's the one calling pitches for both AJ and Widge?!? And can anyone on the board EVER give credit to the opposing team for going with the pitches and getting hits?!?

Two strikes, three pitches not even close and then a fastball down the middle.

Take him out of this thing with Widger. The magic of Widger from last year is history. First pitch pop out to third is pathetic.

Well at least we will get a two out pinch hitter in the 6th.

Any talk of Contrearas and the all-star game needs to stop right now. There more then 10 better pitchers than him right now.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 06:06 PM)
Farmer just said "Contreras has not had his best stuff today". Sounds like we hear that every time he picthes lately.

Last fe wgames he hasn't been as dominating as he was earlier in the season. But then again none of our starters have been or even consistent from game to game

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
They are just finding all the holes today. Nothing you can do about it. Was bound to happen to Jose at some point. Kinda funny that his longest winning streak is going against their longest losing streak. Fitting I guess.

Sure, thats what it is. The worst team in one of the worst divisions in baseball puts a 5 spot on your ACE and a few words about karma and its a wash.

How about Widger moves around a bit behind the dish. You know we can throw inside pitches. How about Conteras starts to pitch ahead of a batter or 2. This is the pirates, you can quote me how great they are in the NL at home where they face the cubs 19 times and the rest of their terrible division.

We need to win this game. This is sad that we are in this position. These are the games you cannot lose.