Gamethread 6-29-06, Sox vs. Pirates

Capn12

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Yeah, and people are looking for Hernandez to be added as bullpen depth? LOL. Don't give up anything for him. This is what you can expect the remainder of the season from American League opponents.

Imagine Mauer or Morneau hitting off of him?

Well if you're gonna get beat by anybody, Thome's not a bad person to get beat by. He has pitched real well this season on a horrendous team that could have very well made him lose focus. I'd still take him as added depth to the BP right now...

QUOTE(JohnStamos @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
Well if you're gonna get beat by anybody, Thome's not a bad person to get beat by. He has pitched real well this season on a horrendous team that could have very well made him lose focus. I'd still take him as added depth to the BP right now...

Polite, Riske, and BMAC are better options, for free.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)

I agree with you on this Rock.

With his high fastball/forkball combo he has always been a fly ball pitcher. This year he has had a lot of groundballs, but I think that will all change if he went to the Cell in summer.

Roberto at the Cell now.....bad......scary movie bad.....

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
Oh yah. A few times. Happens every game where we are down though. You should know that.

Ok, fair enough.

Now, I know it is the popular thing to do when piling on critics during game-threads--which is one of the chief reasons I avoid these threads--but, there is a difference between criticism and people proclaiming the game as a loss. We need to keep that in mind.

I saw criticism of the play on the field today, nothing more.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)

You don't have faith in a guy who had a low 2 era going into the game because he gave up a homer to one of the best players in the game but you do have faith in a guy with a 7.40 era? Give me a break, Politte isn't the pitcher he was last year (I don't think he's as bad as he's been this year). I wouldn't want to give up a lot to get a guy like Roberto, but I'd surely take him in our BP right now.