Gamethread 6-29-06, Sox vs. Pirates

Capn12

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
It will be interesting to hear how anyone can support that move.

The only one that maters in supporting it is Ozzie. He goes too long at times with the starters and I am sure he wants Jose to stay in there and give up some double and homers versus singles.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
Farmer just said "Contreras has not had his best stuff today". Sounds like we hear that every time he picthes lately.

I've become aggrivated with Contreras' pitching as of late.

It's to the point where I expect a quality game every start, and anything else is a complete failure. He set the standards, not me. With the almost continual bed-wetting of Garland, Garcia and Vazquez we need consistency. Buehrle alone isn't enough. Unless we're to believe the offense can carry us; which it wasn't constructed to do, but has done well as of late.

Funny, Santana and Liriano had no problem against the Pirates. I guess good pitching defeats good hitting every day aside from when it happens to us.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Well, Contreras is at 84 pitches. I would much rather see if he can straighten himself out the rest of the game, even if it means losing. Our starting pitching is in shambles right now.

Rest of the game? An average inning is about 15 pitches, leaving him just about at 100. So basically leave him in to see if he can get 1 more scoreless inning? Stupid move especially now that the rain is coming down.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Well, Contreras is at 84 pitches. I would much rather see if he can straighten himself out the rest of the game, even if it means losing. Our starting pitching is in shambles right now.

:lol: WOW..we are 11-1 in our last 12 games and you made this comment...awesome

I know it sounds foolish questioning Ozzie after the success we've had, but one of my main complaints has always been that he doesn't have a good feel for taking out his starting pitchers before more damage can be done. In regards to not ph for Contreras, I'm speechless.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
Now the pitchers spot comes up for the Pirates, and they pinch hit with one out and no one on.

We have a man on 2nd, and 1 out, and we let our AL pitcher swing away. Cute.

hahaha

atleast we got thome and aj on the bench.....

BA should have gone to third, ph, sac fly, were tied.

>now theres one on, and trouble abrewing and ozzies gunna have to take jose out and look like an idiot.

hahahahahahahha 1st and 3rd, nice job by keeping jose in the game just because of stupid personal s*** like trying to get him a win.....he was more worried about getting jose a win than the damn team

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
I sometimes wonder and even cringe at things Ozzie does and sdays, but with 99 wins and the WS last year and second best record in MLB this season so far, I think I will let Ozzie manage.

i think there is added pressure this year, as the Tigers are a better ball club than us. Falling behind them further makes for anxiety. In addition, we now know that rain was coming, so why would Ozzie stick with contrares? He had an opportunity to tie the game, now he is in a deep hole. Despite the World series, we can as fans second guess. its why we watch.