Gamethread 6-29-06, Sox vs. Pirates

Capn12

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
Jose Contreras, shades of 04

Couldnt be more wrong. He is not walking people laying on his forkball. Today he is being told to throw fastballs down and away to every hitter. They are either spraying the balls to RF or pulling them into the hole. His control is not off at all, 40 or his 58 pitches have been strikes. He needs to focus inside, or the Widge needs to f***ing stop calling outside pitches every at bat.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
Pirates have the second best BA at home in the NL. They must know where all the little holes are or something. But seriously, that surprised me.

You realize that they get to play against these crappy NL teams a lot. If the sox were in their division, they would win about 130 games.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:38 PM)
dye, crede, pk,thome,jenks, all should be allstars: we know one thing contreras is gunna take a spot on the team, with the way hes been pitching its too bad 1 or 2 will get left off...

Are you on crack, he is 8-0 with a sub 4 ERA. Probably the most if not the 2nd most dominant pitcher since last years all star break.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Are you on crack, he is 8-0 with a sub 4 ERA. Probably the most if not the 2nd most dominant pitcher since last years all star break.

sub-4 doesnt do him justice.

but boy, that does look as good as the 1.41 he had when he came off the DL, or the 3.15 coming into this game!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)

yes, i know. but those hitters have been so great, they should all go. i just think that if contreras keeps this up then....

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
I'll pass. Widge plays once a week at most.

Someone just needs to have a f***ing chat with him, and tell him to fold up the chair on the outside corner, and move back and forth a bit. Some inside pitches would do his CERA wonders.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
Someone just needs to have a f***ing chat with him, and tell him to fold up the chair on the outside corner, and move back and forth a bit. Some inside pitches would do his CERA wonders.

it does seem like widge catches some awful games.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
yes, i know. but those hitters have been so great, they should all go. i just think that if contreras keeps this up then....

Then what? You think that its a shame if Contreras goes. You are talking about someone who carried this team last year, and has been dominant this year, and hasnt lost a game!!! Seriously, check your opinion on this one.