White Sox Loser

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
Being critical of calls from the dugout or play on the field--especially play against a far inferior opponent--and needing to back off the ledge are near polar opposites.

Use some baseball acumen here, folks. It's a shame because guys like Anthrax--who between incoherent ramblings had some very appropriate critcisms of a ballclub that went tailspinning before marching on to a title--get run out of here. Intelligent baseball discourse has reached record lows on our belov'ed site.

To reiterate SS2k's thoughts:

You're b****ing out the Sox for only taking two out of three.

You're b****ing out the Sox for not keeping up with a team that, if it continues on it's current pace, will win 110 games.

You're b****ing out a team that's won eight out of ten, and has been hot as hell in June.

Give me a f***ing break. This isn't football -- there will be days where you suck and just don't have it. Move on and take two or three at the Pisshole.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Yeah the team didn't play well over this series, we all watched the same games that you did. But I am not sure what how you expect people to react when we are in a stretch when we have won 16 of 20 games, including 8-2 in the last 10, yet only show up after a loss? Did you expect people to shower you with roses? Maybe even if you were hear respectfully discussing things that were wrong during the winning streak, you would have been met with a little more respect, but seeing as you really didn't show anyone who disagreed with you any respect, I don't get why you are so upset at people's reaction to your posts.

Don't patronize me, Mike.

Sadly, my hiatus proved my recent-Soxtalk sentiments correct. You will no longer have to concern yourself with my wild disregard for board rules or disrespectful posting habits--the first such alligation I have ever come across.

I'm Mr. Pessimism, and this thread is pathetic. We just won 2 out of 3 on the road. Yes, the Pirates suck, but I honestly think they're a hell of a lot better than the Royals. The funny thing is that we could have easily lost 2 out of 3 games this series. Yes, our starting pitching needs to step up. However, I'm not going to jump off the ledge cause we lost one f***ing game. We've lost 2 games over the last 2 weeks, and we could have easily won those games. I'm not ready to start saying this team sucks....at least not yet.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
-- there will be days where you suck and just don't have it. Move on and take two or three at the Pisshole.

This was not one of those days, slappy. This was a winnable game, hence the creation of the first critical thread I have ever posted in my time here--I can't ever recall doing this in the past, at least not to this extent.

Perhaps now you understand the frustration...perhaps

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
This was not one of those days, slappy. This was a winnable game, hence the creation of the first critical thread I have ever posted in my time here--I can't ever recall doing this in the past, at least not to this extent.

You're going to lose 'winnable' games over the season. IT'S 162 f***ING GAMES!!!! Why are you having a tough time understanding that?

And please, spare me with your backhand insults, pal.

In this, we saw good starting pitching from Mark and Freddy, along with solid 'pen outings from Jenks, Cotts, Thornton, Riske, McCarthy and Montero. IIRC, Politte's homer today was the only run our pen allowed in the entire series. Oh, and we won two of three.

Yeah, there are SO many reasons to be down on this team right now.

We have 2 pitchers coming up we should beat. Then we will have 2 pitchers that will be tough in a row, Zambrano on Sunday and Eric Bedard on Monday.

We have a fighting chance with Zambrano because we have Buerhle on the mound, and the cubs cant hit lefties. Konerko should be in the lineup for that one. Next week we get back to real baseball which means Thome is in the lineup.

I wish that Contreras pitched better today. We should of won todays game. We are a much better team than the pirates. Hopefully the AAA prospect that is mowing everyone down in AAA for the Pirates comes up and shuts down the Tigers.

I think we lost thing game because playing the Pirates is like running through mud. There is nothing to gain, and they probably just wanted to get out of town. Hopefully the hype of the cubs series, and the fact that Barrett the b**** is back will motivate us to pound the morons from the north into the ground.

Yes, we lost. On a walk-off homer - those games are gonna happen, but nothing to jump off the bridge over. I love the way this team keeps coming back and coming back in games. No quit. I love it.

Remember how many games Marte & Vizcaino blew last year and we thought we were done for because of those games - we still won 99.

Mark it down, the Tigers are not winning over 90 games this season. They're good, but not THAT good. Not White Sox good. By mid-August, we will be laughing at them and be more worried about Minnesota than Detroit. See Baltimore last year.

Chill out people.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
Mark it down, the Tigers are not winning over 90 games this season. They're good, but not THAT good. Not White Sox good. By mid-August, we will be laughing at them and be more worried about Minnesota than Detroit.

And you base this on what? The fact that they have the best pitching staff in baseball?

They don't even have to play .500 ball the rest of the way to get 90 wins.

EDIT: They can go winless in July and be 4 games over .500.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
And you base this on what? The fact that they have the best pitching staff in baseball?

They don't even have to play .500 ball the rest of the way to get 90 wins.

EDIT: They can go winless in July and be 3 games over .500.

They won't go over .500 after the all-star break. And while their starters have been good, they're young and experienced. Verlander is going to fall off the table. And their bullpen is nothing to write home about.

What are you worried about? We got this.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
They won't go over .500 after the all-star break.

I hope you are right but I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that this will happen.

And while their starters have been good, they're young and experienced. Verlander is going to fall off the table.

Verlander is the only young and inexperienced guy in the rotation. Minor will be replaced by Maroth.

And their bullpen is nothing to write home about.

Their bullpen has been excellent (minus Todd Jones).

They won't go over .500 after the all-star break. And while their starters have been good, they're young and experienced. Verlander is going to fall off the table. And their bullpen is nothing to write home about.

What are you worried about? We got this.

The tigers are real. And are going to be there through the end. Respect your competition. Last year we ran out to a healthy lead and then slumped and almost go caught. I think the tigers will help us push and keep focus.

And last year remember the following. Sounds from other boards.

There is no way the whitesox pitching will hold up. They give up too many hits.

Their bullpen is over achieving, they will fall back to earth. Look at Cliff Polittes and Neil Cotts and Hermansons career numbers. Dont worry they will fade.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
I hope you are right but I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that this will happen.

Verlander is the only young and inexperienced guy in the rotation. Minor will be replaced by Maroth.

Their bullpen has been excellent (minus Todd Jones).

Maroth=not good. And does Franklin German really give you the heebie-jeebies?

Again, not worried.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
Maroth=not good. And does Franklin German really give you the heebie-jeebies?

Again, not worried.

Overall I am confident in our chances but I don't see how you can discount the Tigers. You really aren't presenting much of an argument other than 'hey trust me'.

Edited by BigSqwert

I'm pretty angered about this loss. The Sox were in prime position to sweep with Jose on the bump and all he does is come out and give up 6 runs. What is with Contreras? In his last six starts he's seen his ERA jump from 1.83 to 3.54. That's almost a two run jump. Under four, sure, but the difference between 1.83 and 3.54 is pretty noticeable. Why, oh why is Cliff Politte still on the team? 60 day DL him, release him, whatever, but get him off the major league field. Bring Montero back up and look for the trade.

Is the starting staff going to click together anytime soon? Ever? We saw what happens when the staff gets it going last year and we're seeing it again this year in Detroit. PITCHING WINS GAMES, NOT OFFENSE. Contreras, Garland and Vazquez, frankly, have been crap the past week or two.

(Call this a rant.)

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
Again, not worried.

I'm not worried about them eigher, cause the Twins scare me more than them despite the Tigers having the lead before the break. Also, considering everyone forgets the sox lead the W.C. by 6+ games even though we all want the sox to win the division. If the Tigers happen to win the division, congrats to them I'd glady take us winning the W.C. and kicking their asses in the playoffs. But I want us to be like the Braves and just dominate every year (despite this year for them) and win the division.