Boy Dies at Disney

BHAMBARONS

I'm not sure what caused the previous deaths -- whether they were heart related or due to a physical injury -- but young children shouldn't be riding roller coasters. With Disney being a family orientated theme park, I can imagine there aren't many rides which restrict access because of height.

My wife and i took our daughter (10 at the time) on that particular ride a couple of years ago. Maybe it's different for a little kid, but all the boasting about how it goes from 0-60 in 2.5 seconds (or whatever it is) it didn't seem all that fast to me. Prayers out to the family though.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
Dang. Now I feel bad trying to get my 10 yr old daughter to ride the roller coasters at 6 flags a couple weeks ago. My argument was 'Come on....these are safe. You never hear about anyone dying on them.'

It wasn't a safety issue. The kid had a heart condition.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060630/ap_on_...zkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
I will never go on another rollercoaster again. I was doing a looping coaster in Germany and the harness gave way in mid ride.

Whoa, what did you do? Was there a handle that you had to hold on to to keep from falling out?

Personally, if there is a handle on a ride, I have a deathgrip on it. No letting go until I've done the ride a few times and am comfortable with it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
It wasn't a safety issue. The kid had a heart condition.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060630/ap_on_...zkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

That's usualy the case. Unknown brain and heart conditions tend to be the reason for most deaths on rollercoaster. It's really sad that there's no way of telling that anything is wrong before something terrible happens.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa, what did you do? Was there a handle that you had to hold on to to keep from falling out?

Personally, if there is a handle on a ride, I have a deathgrip on it. No letting go until I've done the ride a few times and am comfortable with it.

The laws of physics saved his ass.

I rode the Titan at Six Flags Texas in 2002 on my senior trip. On the very top when they stop I could see 2nd base of the Ball Park in Arlington or what ever its named. It started down I couldn't even see the bottom and I made a deal with myself if I made it through it I would never ride another coaster again. After it was done and I got out I couldn't even stand up had to be taken to the care center there but after awhile I was fine. Of course what made it all better is that night I went to the Sox's Rangers game that night and we won!!!