chone figgins

sayitaintso

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH SNAP! That's from HalosHeaven, not really mlbtraderumors. HH has been pretty solid in the past and this does sound pretty awesome. God, I'd love Figgy on the South Side, normally he hits better than this, steals bases with the best of them and plays every position on the field. SIGN ME UP.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
lol, I like this part: Halos Heaven notes that if Ozzie Guillen elects Orlando Cabrera (.305/.364/.436) to the All-Star game, the relationship between the two teams could improve enough to facilitate a trade.

LOL what a load of crap.

Figgins is a solid player and would almost certainly be a favorite of Ozzie. However, I'm not sure he really has a place on our roster right now. He plays CF, but I wouldn't be too comfortable with him out there. LF, 3B, and 2B are his other main positions, but we seem set for now at those positions. I suppose he could replace Pods, but the Sox don't seem too anxious to do that right now.

He'd be the absolute perfect replacement for Podsednik plus he could be an amazing bench player if they wanted to go that route seeing how he plays 7 positions. Plus he is a 28 year old swith hitter with a VERY affordable contract.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
He'd be the absolute perfect replacement for Podsednik plus he could be an amazing bench player if they wanted to go that route seeing how he plays 7 positions. Plus he is a 28 year old swith hitter with a VERY affordable contract.

If he didn't start this year, he would next year. That being said, I don't see Anaheim trading him.

I like this too. Switch hitter, but he's not that good of a hitter against LHP. Shouldn't cost too much, but does have some value, and he has playoff experience...I'd be cool with it. Great speed, great versatility are also nice. Only real negative is that he is basically another LH bat, because he cant s*** left-handed pitching for s***.

Not gonna cost too much either, seeing as how Figgins is having a bad year.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I like this too. Switch hitter, but he's not that good of a hitter against LHP. Shouldn't cost too much, but does have some value, and he has playoff experience...I'd be cool with it. Great speed, great versatility are also nice. Only real negative is that he is basically another LH bat, because he cant s*** left-handed pitching for s***.

Not gonna cost too much either, seeing as how Figgins is having a bad year.

I think he'd be an ideal fit for the Sox simply because he could replace Podsednik right now and play 1000X better defense with an arm that's not even comparable. If the Sox could pull of a trade for him, it would really go a long way in solidifying this team for this year and the future.

Plus in '04 Vs lefties he did hit .304 in 169 ABs, if he could find a way to tap into that s***, he'd be such an asset.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
I think he'd be an ideal fit for the Sox simply because he could replace Podsednik right now and play 1000X better defense with an arm that's not even comparable. If the Sox could pull of a trade for him, it would really go a long way in solidifying this team for this year and the future.

Plus in '04 Vs lefties he did hit .304 in 169 ABs, if he could find a way to tap into that s***, he'd be such an asset.

Figgins>>>Pods and I love Chone but this rumor is definitely b.s.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
This Figgy rumor has to be true, I don't think I can watch another game with Podsednik in leftfield.

It probably is true, but more than anything, he would be a replacement for Anderson this season. He could shift to left next year, with Pods being shipped out for something of value. But if he's brought in this year, Anderson and Mackowiak, not Pods, will be the ones missing out on playing time.

Will Bill Stoneman pack it in though? They've designated Jeff Weaver and called back up his brother, who if he continues to pitch like he has, could help the Angels get right back into the AL West race.

I'd love to acquire Figgins though. Don't know if Sciosia or Stoneman will let the likes of Morales, Kotchman, McPherson develop and play everyday at the major league level though.