chone figgins

sayitaintso

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two most common names mentioned in trades with the Angels are Scot Shields and Chone Figgins.

While I like Figgins, I don't think I'd want to give up what the Halos would likely ask for. Definitely not Joe Crede or one of our starters.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
Figgins is hitting .253 with a .669 OPS so far this year :/

Yes, he's struggling this year as is the rest of that lineup, of course he has scored 52 Runs this season and has stolen 27 of 33 bases.

Last year he was pretty damn productive . . . 290 AVG | .352 OBP | 113 R | 8 HR | 62 SB

I personally love the little scamp and will not rest until I get him in a Sox uni, his versatility alone is worth giving up something of value for him.

Just throwing this out there; Does anyone think this could be the decline of Chone much like Juan Pierre? there both roughly the same age, and similar type of player(a scrappy leadoff hitter), all though Chone can play a ton of posistions so that is definatly a plus.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
The most realistic trade they suggested was Fields for Figgins...not sure about that one.

Considering Fields' upside, I wouldn't do that deal, especially with how Figgins is struggling at the plate right now.

i like this idea, simply because i am getting frustrated seeing podsednik butcher plays in the field, get picked off, and hit like it was 04, the only thing he has been doing to keep my patience has been drive in big runs lately, which we all know he won't keep up. this way figgins could be a possible replacement for him at the leadoff spot

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
Yes, he's struggling this year as is the rest of that lineup, of course he has scored 52 Runs this season and has stolen 27 of 33 bases.

Last year he was pretty damn productive . . . 290 AVG | .352 OBP | 113 R | 8 HR | 62 SB

I personally love the little scamp and will not rest until I get him in a Sox uni, his versatility alone is worth giving up something of value for him.

Make it happen Kalapse. He is definitely one of the most underrated leadoff men in the game.

QUOTE(zygoat @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 11:55 PM)
where would we use him????

pablo gets paid less and is twice as effective

plus i dont know how he would bond wiht our chemistry and what would we give to get him

You are completely insane. Do you even know who Chone Figgins is?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
You are completely insane. Do you even know who Chone Figgins is?

Dont let him distract you Kalapse. Focus your powers on obtaining Figgins.

Keep the dream alive The sooner he is on the sox, the less we will see of the silly pods diving outfielders show.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
Will Bill Stoneman pack it in though? They've designated Jeff Weaver and called back up his brother, who if he continues to pitch like he has, could help the Angels get right back into the AL West race.

I'd love to acquire Figgins though. Don't know if Sciosia or Stoneman will let the likes of Morales, Kotchman, McPherson develop and play everyday at the major league level though.

If a trade for Figgins is to occur, it's going to happen in mid-to-late July, when the Angels are (hopefully) a little further out of the race. I'd imagine they're going to stick it out and see if they can't get back in the race.

If they are way out, he's going to be very available...not sure how they feel about McPherson anymore, so it's hard for me to say how much interest they'd have in Fields.

I sure do like Chone, but no way in hell do I give up Fields for him. Fields is only gone if we're getting a young, All-Star in return. Because that's what Fields will be in a couple years. Yes, I'm that high on him.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)
Just throwing this out there; Does anyone think this could be the decline of Chone much like Juan Pierre? there both roughly the same age, and similar type of player(a scrappy leadoff hitter), all though Chone can play a ton of posistions so that is definatly a plus.

That comparison could be valid. And if Figgins had another bad yr, like Pierre is having, the Angels would get far less in a trade for him. Why not sell now when is value is still high.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
If the cost of Figgins was something along the lines of Mackowiak, Jerry Owens and Ray Liotta, I could see the sox biting. Mack could help the Angels now with his versatility and power, and Owens and Liotta for the near future.

No one in there right mind would really want Owens at this point unless we are giving up some top notch players along with him or getting a pretty crappy player in return. Whether Owens is a prospect at this stage is considered questionable since he's doing terrible in the minors and can't play anywhere but left field (despite what Ken Williams hinted at over the off-season).

The Angels won't make any deals with us unless they get a guy like Josh Fields (him and McPherson could battle out for 3rd) or someone like Sweeney (they actually could use a quality outfielder) of course the thing they could use most is a center fielder and a legit one at that.

Brian Anderson and than some could be what it costs to get Figgins. And don't underestimate the value Anderson could bring, the Angels are freaking terrible defensively and have by far the worse outfield defense in baseball. Every one of those fielders are substandard.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)
If a trade for Figgins is to occur, it's going to happen in mid-to-late July, when the Angels are (hopefully) a little further out of the race. I'd imagine they're going to stick it out and see if they can't get back in the race.

If they are way out, he's going to be very available...not sure how they feel about McPherson anymore, so it's hard for me to say how much interest they'd have in Fields.

Haven't looked up Dallas stats in the past week or so and he didnt play at the last Angel game I was at, but I know for a few week period he was on a tear and his AVG was really climbing. As long as he stays healthy, he'll be a very good player, but I do think they'd have some interest in a guy like Fields because he could play 3rd, 1st, or LF (he could make the move).