Sox @ Cubs - July 1

Heads22

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
I can see that one, yes. But, we'll catch s*** for pointing out that Vazquez has no idea how to put hitters away with two strikes, or that he blows up when one thing doesn't go his way, or that he's done this s*** his entire career and it doesn't seem that it's changing.

If he throws his slider low and away to righties on 2 strikes, he would be getting him. He loves his curveball and throws it on 2 strikes a lot. A curve can hang a lot more, a slider just flattens out. Its easier to hit a hanging curve than it is to hit a flattened out slider away.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
If he throws his slider low and away to righties on 2 strikes, he would be getting him. He loves his curveball and throws it on 2 strikes a lot. A curve can hang a lot more, a slider just flattens out. Its easier to hit a hanging curve than it is to hit a flattened out slider away.

He clearly doesn't know how to pitch. The talent is all there, though. I think he gets to much say when he's on the mound. AJ should call the game, down to every last pitch.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
He clearly doesn't know how to pitch. The talent is all there, though. I think he gets to much say when he's on the mound. AJ should call the game, down to every last pitch.

Look at the pitch he just threw maddux on 2 strikes, it was a slider, it flattened out a bit. But still there is no way a right hander can do anything with that on 2 strikes. If he does that more he would be fine.