Miguel Tejada

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
Ken Rosenthal just said on the Fox pregame show that the Sox might be interested in Miguel Tejada.

Personally: no thanks. He's a great player, but do we really need him?

O's need pitching, I'd be willing to give up Garland obviously if he waives the clause and maybe a package with Uribe and cash or prospects. Thome, Konerko, Tejada, Dye, Pierz, Crede???? Hell yes I'd take him.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
O's need pitching, I'd be willing to give up Garland obviously if he waives the clause and maybe a package with Uribe and cash or prospects. Thome, Konerko, Tejada, Dye, Pierz, Crede???? Hell yes I'd take him.

If the SOx can do this AFTER solidifying the bullpen, than tha is OK. BUt, bullpen first.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
I don't want him because I don't want to hear opposing fans chanting, "STER-OIDS STER-OIDS STER-OIDS." And I think he'll eventually be caught.

that's another good reason. No need to have a steroid controversy around the team.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
I just wish these rumors would end, if there's 1 player I know for certain will not be traded at the deadline it is Miguel Tejada.

This isn't even a real rumor. Rosenthal basically just threw the White Sox out there because we're good and have had interest in Tejada before. It's basically a rumor he just made up.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
This isn't even a real rumor. Rosenthal basically just threw the White Sox out there because we're good and have had interest in Tejada before. It's basically a rumor he just made up.

Which is the worst kind of rumor, I just love it when writers throw random teams out there in connection with the hot team of the week, these things tend to spread like wild fire.

Any truth to the rumor that the Sox are trying to trade Brian Anderson to the Cubs for Juan Pierre?

Pitching is more important than offense. We already have one of the best offenses in baseball but our starting pitching is still questionable outside Buehrle and Contreras. Two of our starters have ERAs over 5 and one over 4.5. If anything we need to upgrade our starting pitching. Jason Schmidt would be a nice addition and we could probably dump Vazquez if we ate some of his salary and some prospects. Keep McCarthy in the bullpen and bring him up next year after letting Schmidt walk.

QUOTE(striker62704 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
Pitching is more important than offense. We already have one of the best offenses in baseball but our starting pitching is still questionable outside Buehrle and Contreras. Two of our starters have ERAs over 5 and one over 4.5. If anything we need to upgrade our starting pitching. Jason Schmidt would be a nice addition and we could probably dump Vazquez if we ate some of his salary and some prospects. Keep McCarthy in the bullpen and bring him up next year after letting Schmidt walk.

Why exactly would SF trade their ace when they're in the thick of their own pennant race?

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
Ken Rosenthal just said on the Fox pregame show that the Sox might be interested in Miguel Tejada.

Personally: no thanks. He's a great player, but do we really need him?

Personally, I have no problem adding baseball's best SS.

They'll want a pitcher of course, but if we can swing Vazquez, or Garland over along with an upper tier prospect, I'll jump all over it.

Especially if we can add B-Mac to the rotation.

If whoever is running the O's settles for anything less than B-Mac, he should be fired immediately.

And if I'm KW, I don't trade McCarthy for anything less than a young, dominating starting pitcher (if there even is one out there, and Willis is really the only one who would fit that criteria).

Edited by Frankensteiner

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Why exactly would SF trade their ace when they're in the thick of their own pennant race?

Other teams bow down to the White Sox, obviously. KW calls them, and it doesn't matter if they are winning or not, they fork over their best players without hesitating.