Anderson

aboz56

For a guy hitting .170, not getting the bunt down is unacceptable.

Unf***ingacceptable.

I'm just about done with this experiment.

I've said all along that if he can't make productive outs and move the runners over, he no longer needs to be in there when it counts.

What happened today is embarassing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)

Unf***ingacceptable.

I've said all along that if he can't make productive outs and move the runners over, he no longer needs to be in there when it counts.

I agree with you completely but then I see Mack stumbling all over himself in center and suddenly Anderson doesn't look so bad. If you're suggesting we get someone from outside the ORG then I would agree with that.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
I agree with you completely but then I see Mack stumbling all over himself in center and suddenly Anderson doesn't look so bad. If you're suggesting we get someone from outside the ORG then I would agree with that.

The key to replacing BA is replacing him with somebody that can play a defensive CF while hitting above .200.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)

Unf***ingacceptable.

Gooch didnt get a bunt down, either did pods. Give it a rest.

With Uribe getting back to his normal hitting numbers, I don't think that replacing BA is the most important thing to do right now. (I'd rather see another middle-reliever.) Consider also that whoever we get to replace BA will likely be a downgrade in defense as well.

Agreed about the poor bunt execution, though. The entire team has been doing a below-average job of that this season.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Gooch didnt get a bunt down, either did pods. Give it a rest.

When our offense is one of the top 5 in baseball why do we continually rip BA? We need every stitch of his defense in CF to help catch the hard hit balls off of half our staring rotation right now.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
When our offense is one of the top 5 in baseball why do we continually rip BA? We need every stitch of his defense in CF to help catch the hard hit balls off of half our staring rotation right now.

Because some people on here feel their day is empty without b****ing about something.

All this "We have the top offense" isnt gettin it done for me..

It just makes me see that we could be even BETTER than we currently are without an automatic out at the end of the lineup.. We are almost like a National League team playing in the AL, sooner or later its going to start costing us no matter what the guys in front of him are doing..

I surely dont want to go into the playoffs with a .170 hitter when he could be up in crucial situations

His D is superb but our execution was HORRID today. As bad as its been this year with the exception of a few hiccups a few weeks ago. Lots of failed bunts and whatnot. We still won the game so we overcame the multiple mistakes but we'll need to execute better against a good pitcher in Zambrano tomorrow

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
Like b****ing about people b****ing.

Neither of us started a freaking thread ripping a player individually. :headshake

I dont see the point of it when three of our players failed to get bunts down. Uribe, Gooch and Anderson all failed. Uribe got bailed out by the HBP.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
Neither of us started a freaking thread ripping a player individually. :headshake

I dont see the point of it when three of our players failed to get bunts down. Uribe, Gooch and Anderson all failed. Uribe got bailed out by the HBP.

It's a little different. Those guys have at least hit their weight and have made much bigger offensive contributions to the team. You absolutely must execute bunts when you're hitting .170.

Anderson seems to be coming around. He is batting .250 since June 11th and has a higher OBP than Uribe on the season.

His bat is not losing games for the Sox. The last time he went hitless and the Sox lost was June 2nd. If his bat becomes a liability and the Sox start losing, then pursue other avenues.

If he can keep a .250 BA from now until the end of the year, that would be fine for me.

Think about how good this team is (emphasis on team). We have the second best record in baseball, and have beaten up on the "best" team, all while overcoming some terrible starting pitching, a once weak bullpen with arms such as Politte and Montero, and a few black holes in the lineup.

KW really did a great job in getting this team some depth.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
I wonder who the last team was who won a World title with a regular hitting .170.

In the last couple of years, the closest was Boston in 2004 with Pokey Reese playing 96 games and batting .221. He was later replaced by Orlando Cabrera.

I agree that Kenny will do whatever he can to make this ballclub better. Anderson only has a few more weeks to make his case.