White Sox vs. Cubs July 2 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
I have to say I'm absolutely disgusted with Buehrle.

I don't give a f*** about wind conditions or merely a bad day with location. You score 6 runs off Zambrano, more often than not, you expect to win. Zambrano is pitching to one of the best offensive teams in the league whereas Buehrle's pitching to the worst. I don't expect 11 runs on the board.

I'm going to bring it up only once, but when people criticize me for putting Liriano and Santana in a league above Contreras and Buehrle these are prime examples. Neither pitcher would EVER give up 11 run....EVER. Regardless of conditions.

Who the hell criticizes you for that? The only tandem I'd take over those two is 2001 Schilling/Johnson.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
I'd agree with you here especially about Santana. Right now Liriano hasn't done it enough for me to put him as high as Santana. Who knows what's going to happen next year or the rest of this year even.

Way to go Paul!

I know how people feel about the topic and I'm not going to start another discussion.

Just don't want to hear anyone put Buehrle on a level of either Santana or Liriano.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
The offense can't bail us out everytime.

I didn't say it should, so don't paint it like I said that. I've been nothing but grateful for this offense. They just happened to blow a few chances there. They still scored 7 runs so far.

Cliff Politte must be off this team soon. He is so clearly a detriment to this team.