White Sox vs. Cubs July 2 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You Politte apologists have absolutely nothing now.

Look at him. He can barely hold up his diapers with a six run, 7th inning deficit.

Guillen has to console the poor bastard. LOL. Personally, I don't need someone like this pitching down the stretch.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
I'm sick of hearing how we are 53-27, guess what guys, when we get to the playoffs that record doesn't mean s***.

We cannot afford to have holes in our bullpen come October. Politte has got to go.

Exactly. You've got to look at the big picture. We won it all last year with DOMINANT starting pitching and an EXCELLENT bullpen. We're basically the '05 Red Sox right now. Yeah, will probably win 95 games or so and get into the playoffs. But that's about it.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
We're 53-27. Get off the ledge.

Wanting him out of here is not a demonstration of someone being "on the ledge". Its a demonstration of the fact that HE DOES NOT HAVE IT ANYMORE. I don't give a s*** if this team only had one loss. The way he gives up hits/runs is out of control.

I don't give a f*** where he goes, I don't give a f*** how he gets there. He NEEDS to be gone. This bullpen was FINE while his sorry ass was on the DL and not in the picture.

MAKE HIM GO AWAY.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Well we aren't going to get anyone that is definitely going to be better.

Bmac should be our Long guy, especially the way our starters have been going this year, and we sure could have used him today in that role. Riske should be our 6th and 7th inning guy, and i wouldnt mind seeing Roberto Hernandez be our RH setup man with Cotts as our LH, but that's just my opinion.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
You Politte apologists have absolutely nothing now.

Look at him. He can barely hold up his diapers with a six run, 7th inning deficit.

Guillen has to console the poor bastard. LOL. Personally, I don't need someone like this pitching down the stretch.

\What Politte apologists are out there? What are you talking about?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
I was being sarcastic. I know this team has holes, but too many people hide behind our record. Still, I don't think Cliff Politte is even close to being our biggest problem.

Um, he's definitely one of our biggest problems.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
You know what's funny? I'm actually a little happy that Politte only gave up 2 runs. That's how bad he is.

He's been horrendous, I feel bad for the guy, he has completely lost it. I really want to know what Ozzie's exact words were.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Hernandez >>>> Politte

The guy has been great for the last year and a half. One bad series against an offense like ours doesn't overshadow that.

You don't go out and trade for a guy to be the last man in your pen. Montero will come up and do that.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
What did you see in Pitt that makes you want Hernandez????

He's still got great stuff and a good era, and closed for MANY years so he's been there. And Giving up a homer to Thome does not exactly worry me, Lots of guys are going to do that. Plus Riske and Bmac worry me a bit in that role.

Edited by CYGarland