White Sox vs. Cubs July 2 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
Well, Politte gave up 4 runs, we lost by 4 runs. That was some great managing, Ozzie. Some of the finest we've ever seen.

Uh Buehrle gave up 7 first inning runs and we lost by 4.. it cant all be ozzie and cliffs fault

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
well, thanks Ozzie.....

Yep Ozzie's fault that Buehrle pitched like s*** from the start.

Ozzie's fault that Politte sucked more dick than a guy high on meth in a bathroom stall on a rave.

Yep, I totally agree it was Oz's fault.

Oh wait...

I concur that Politte needs to be DFA'ed after this game and we need to get our hands on another bullpen arm.

Because the armchair managers here -- if Oz did pull Buehrle early on in the game, you would have complained that he burned out the bullpen.

Yes, there is room for some constructive criticism of the team, but goddamnit if I don't believe that a lot of people here just b**** about the team for the sake of b****ing.

//rant off

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
Since 1998, we've had, what, 4 or 5 instances where the Sox have won the first two games and failed to win the third? We can't seem to sweep these bastards. It's always an ugly loss for the third game.

Yup, I called it yesterday.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
Yep Ozzie's fault that Buehrle pitched like s*** from the start.

Ozzie's fault that Politte sucked more dick than a guy high on meth in a bathroom stall on a rave.

Yep, I totally agree it was Oz's fault.

Oh wait...

I concur that Politte needs to be DFA'ed after this game and we need to get our hands on another bullpen arm.

Because the armchair managers here -- if Oz did pull Buehrle early on in the game, you would have complained that he burned out the bullpen.

Yes, there is room for some constructive criticism of the team, but goddamnit if I don't believe that a lot of people here just b**** about the team for the sake of b****ing.

//rant off

It's definitely Ozzie's fault for bringing Politte out for that second inning.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
Since 1998, we've had, what, 4 or 5 instances where the Sox have won the first two games and failed to win the third? We can't seem to sweep these bastards. It's always an ugly loss for the third game.

i know, but we take the series 4-2 thats good enough, and we took the dagger to their heart yesterday. if we didn't have gas can mark and gas can politte on the mound today we would've won.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
Uh Buehrle gave up 7 first inning runs and we lost by 4.. it cant all be ozzie and cliffs fault

Whoa, buddy. I was tearing Buehrle apart the whole first half of this thread. I'm not giving anyone a free pass. This game's on Buehrle, Ozzie, and Politte. They all contributed a lot to this s*** fest.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
It's definitely Ozzie's fault for bringing Politte out for that second inning.

Oz has some culpability but the blame isn't 100% on him because he wasn't the guy on the field making the (s***ty) pitches.

But are we 4.5 out yet like people said we were going to be at the end of the weekend?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
Whoa, buddy. I was tearing Buehrle apart the whole first half of this thread. I'm not giving anyone a free pass. This game's on Buehrle, Ozzie, and Politte. They all contributed a lot to this s*** fest.

This game is more on Mark than it is on anyone else

Haha

Comcast is showing the press conf with Zambrano Live, and some woman said off camera that Zambrano is the Cubs' All-Star rep, and that the information is embargoed until ESPN's show.

Opps

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Our starters have been so disappointing. Remember how it was supposed to be the best 5-man rotation in baseball history or some s*** like that? Every other aspect of our team has been good to great for most of the year. The rotation has been just s***. A bunch of over-paid, over-hyped pitchers.

You hit it on the head.

Edited by BigSqwert