White Sox vs. Cubs July 2 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
I'm surprised you're actually around. You weren't here yesterday when Vazquez was getting pounded.

What the f*** does that have to do with anything? ANd for the record I was.

I hope you aren't this embarassing in real life. I feel sorry for the people you are around if you do.

this kind of reminds me of a game against the expos a couple of years ago, where we let some guy have his major league debut and he allowed like 11 runs in the first inning

the sox kept coming back, and the pitching kept blowing it, until we finally lost

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
I'm beginning to think that it's impossible to beat the Cubs on Sunday. Does anyone know our record vs. the Cubs on Sunday? I can't remember the last time we beat them.

It's been pretty bad since I'd say 2002. I know we did beat them on a Sunday in '04.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's okay to say buerhle f***ing sucked, and was awful, because he was. He was terrible today, but to say s*** like f*** you Mark Buerhle is an embarassment to Sox fans.

exactly...JASON i cant believe that you let this type of commentary! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
Agreed. Coming to game threads are like passing a car wreck on the highway. You wanna ignore it but can't help look. Some posts in here will lower ones IQ.

Yah. It's friggin embarassing.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
On the other hand, this is an ideal place to let Cliff "the Gas Can" Politte get some work.

Exactly. In fact Politte should have been in there last inning, he couldn't have possibly doen any worse than Mark

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
Hypothetical?

How many threads would ABOZ have created if this outing was a JG outing?

When does MB get a clever nickname like Judy? After all, he's the pitcher who allows the truly big innings, and never pitches over the defensive lapses behind him.

C'mon now. Let's not start comparing Buehrle's body of work with that of Garland. Buehrle got ROCKED today. Period. But he's still Mark Buehrle.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
Hypothetical?

When does MB get a clever nickname like Judy? After all, he's the pitcher who allows the truly big innings, and never pitches over the defensive lapses behind him.

How dare you go at Mark Buehrle The Great like that. HANG HIM!

I'd like to suggest, Mary.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
What the f*** does that have to do with anything? ANd for the record I was.

I hope you aren't this embarassing in real life. I feel sorry for the people you are around if you do.

Ha, you really can't argue with someone without getting personal, can you?

Be pissed at Buehrle's s*** effort, not me.

This game is a nightmare. :angry: Being blown out by the Cubs of all people!! The worst I have ever seen Buerhle pitch.

I thought we were getting things going when we cut the Cubs lead to 7-5, then the roof falls in with 4 Cub runs. We're going to need alot of runs to get back in this one.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Hypothetical?

My god, talk about comparing apples to oranges: maybe when JG has half the career success of MB?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
Personally, watching this team outslug opponents isn't even fun. Some people might like it but that type of style won't win you s*** when it really counts. This team needs better pitching.

And please save your "we're 53-27 BLAH BLAH BLAH..." posts.

I couldn't agree with you more. This team is looking too much like '04 for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, the offense is great. Nothing wrong with scoring a s***load of runs, obviously. But this team is only gonna go as far as the pitching takes us. Our defense and fundamentals have not been up to last year's levels, either.