All-Star Selections Thread

aboz56

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
I hope Guillen purposely puts Mariano Rivera in the 6th inning just to hear people complain. Baseball Tonight crew (namely Phillips) made a point of having him close the 9th. "No respect to Bobby Jenks," though.

That's because Jenks doesn't know how to pitch in high pressure situations when an important game is on the line. :lol:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Win the World Series, then Jimmy can pick whoever he wants.

No offense to Guillen but Leyland is too respectful of a manager for that. He wouldn't punish deserving players from opposing teams just so he could take undeserving players from his own team.

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
No offense to Guillen but Leyland is too respectful of a manager for that. He wouldn't punish deserving players from opposing teams just so he could take undeserving players from his own team.

:violin

If you agree to lose 10 in a row, I will put a word to Ozzie to let your guy on the team.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)

I'm calling bulls*** on that and we all know any manager would take his players as a reward for what they've done.

Anybody else getting irked at the way ESPN was disrespecting Jenks essentially saying we needed Rivera to close the game out because Jenks didn't know how to win important games in a high pressure situation?

**coughworldseriescough**

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
He plays for the Tigers and Ozzie was picking the rosters. Isn't that enough reason?

Oh hey I understood that, that's why I asked for a reason "besides the fact that his coach was the guy picking the team".

I also understand that nepotism looks and feels great to those within "the family".

Your team won the World Series and you deserve congratulations for that. As it stands now, this is just one of the perks of winning. I just think it needs some tweaking. Like taking the decision out of the one manager's hands and handing it to the all of the managers of the two leagues.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
I'm calling bulls*** on that and we all know any manager would take his players as a reward for what they've done.

Anybody else getting irked at the way ESPN was disrespecting Jenks essentially saying we needed Rivera to close the game out because Jenks didn't know how to win important games in a high pressure situation?

**coughworldseriescough**

I see the same thing...it's envy...if Jose was left off they woulda claimed it being too competitive, not to mention the slurping of Mariano Rivera

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
Liriano deserves to go over any of those names. He'll probably be voted in.

He plays for the Twins, whose fans couldn't even get Mauer in as a starter. I don't think Liriano is going to make it, but hey, I could be wrong. He definitely deserves it though.

QUOTE(sin city sox fan @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
That helps...but unfortunately, AJ is not loved outside Chicago. Sox fans will have to come through big time for him to make the team! Lets do it!!!!

we did it with Scotty, we can do it again, i've already begun.

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
How many Astros did Gardner select?

they only got 2 going right? i think some astros players will be upset, esp. when they see that there are six sox..

good point by phillips:no nomar, what a year hes having

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
they only got 2 going right? i think some astros players will be upset, esp. when they see that there are six sox..

good point by phillips:no nomar, what a year hes having

Only 1, Berkman.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
I'd be pissed that Buehrle is starting if I were a fan of any other team.

But since I'm not, now the rest of you east coast pricks know what it's like. Suck it.

When did they say Buehrle is starting? I thought it was announced the Monday before.

The 'Stros got 1 (Berkman) but show me anybody else who is putting up the kinds of numbers that should be there for the NL from the 'Stros -- ones that could oust anybody in there.

The only person for the Sox that you could make an argument for not being there is Buehrle but everybody else is deserving. If anybody complains about snubs in the AL -- for f***'s sake Mark Freaking Redman got in.