All-Star Selections Thread

aboz56

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
He plays for the Twins, whose fans couldn't even get Mauer in as a starter. I don't think Liriano is going to make it, but hey, I could be wrong. He definitely deserves it though.

It won't be the Twins fans alone who'll be voting for Liriano. Anyone with a TV knows how dominant he has been.

You have to imagine if anyone were given an opportunity to vote, most would pick Liriano. I'm guessing Pierzynski finishes third behind Hafner.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
The 'Stros got 1 (Berkman) but show me anybody else who is putting up the kinds of numbers that should be there for the NL from the 'Stros -- ones that could oust anybody in there.

The only person for the Sox that you could make an argument for not being there is Buehrle but everybody else is deserving. If anybody complains about snubs in the AL -- for f***'s sake Mark Freaking Redman got in.

He only got in because you have to take one guy from each team.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
The 'Stros got 1 (Berkman) but show me anybody else who is putting up the kinds of numbers that should be there for the NL from the 'Stros -- ones that could oust anybody in there.

The only person for the Sox that you could make an argument for not being there is Buehrle but everybody else is deserving. If anybody complains about snubs in the AL -- for f***'s sake Mark Freaking Redman got in.

Yeah, but Redman's just a toxic byproduct of the ASG rules. Not a good comparison.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
It won't be the Twins fans alone who'll be voting for Liriano. Anyone with a TV knows how dominant he has been.

Anyone with a TV knows how dominant Mauer has been too, didn't help :P

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
In case you haven't noticed the Astros suck this year. The Sox are 25 over .500.

While that's obviously true, I'd still say that Roy Oswalt and his 3.27 ERA (run support excluded) was having a better season than Buehrle. I just think that Garner handled the situation in the manner that I wish MLB would tweak the process in order to ensure happened again in the future. Select players that are having a great year this year, not reward players for last year's playoffs.

Edited by JackTalkThai

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
While that's true, I'd still say that Roy Oswalt (run support excluded) was having a better season than Buehrle. I just think that Garner handled the situation in the manner that I wish MLB would tweak the process in order to ensure happened in the future. Select players that are having a great year this year, not reward players for last year's playoffs.

No offense at all because I understand where you're coming from (we really do understand), but we don't give a s***. You might as well stop trying to make this point because we just don't care.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
Jermaine Dye in the HR Derby :)

NO.........NO!!!

Haven't we seen with players how the homerun derby often disrupts a players stroke?

HOnestly, I hope he hits several HR's (don't want to be embarrassed) and is eliminated in the first round.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
NO.........NO!!!

Haven't we seen with players how the homerun derby often disrupts a players stroke?

HOnestly, I hope he hits several HR's (don't want to be embarrassed) and is eliminated in the first round.

I really don't care about the HR Derby and think that people worrying about it is silly, but hey, whatever. I think its nice to see that he'll get recognized, and have his season talked about during his AB(s).

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
While that's obviously true, I'd still say that Roy Oswalt and his 3.27 ERA (run support excluded) was having a better season than Buehrle. I just think that Garner handled the situation in the manner that I wish MLB would tweak the process in order to ensure happened again in the future. Select players that are having a great year this year, not reward players for last year's playoffs.

This sort of stuff happens every year. Nothing you can do about it unless the rules are changed somehow. At least your guy made the final vote.