AJ PUNCHED TO PITTSBURGH!

rangercal

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
We as Sox/AL fans can't really go wrong if it is Liriano or AJ.

If it AJ, we show MLB that the White Sox following is loud. On the other hand, Liriano is lights out and we get homefield in the WS! =)

I don't want home field advantage. I want the Sox to win the World Series at home! ;)

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
on mlb.com in the voting update article they have a brief thing about message boards being successful at campaigning for players (and it said it has helped the whitesox)

I can see the Sports Illustrated article now...

"The Anatomy of a Stolen Election" plus with plenty of references to the Daley Machine and the Kennedies, plus another quote from Spartaro. :P

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
We as Sox/AL fans can't really go wrong if it is Liriano or AJ.

If it AJ, we show MLB that the White Sox following is loud. On the other hand, Liriano is lights out and we get homefield in the WS! =)

I can almost gaurantee that Liriano will not pitch if selected.

I'm glad to see that it's atleast close going into the home stretch, I'm going to step up operations and attempt to give AJ a large push over the course of the day today.

Edited by Kalapse

God damn, it makes no sense for any Sox fan to vote for Liriano, the guy will not even pitch in the game if he makes it, so the whole "he'll help us win the game" angle is not going to work here. It doesn't help AJ if he's splitty votes from Sox fans.

If you don't want to vote for AJ then don't vote at all seriously.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
Only vote for AJ, seriously. Every single vote for anyone else hurts AJ's chances.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
God damn, it makes no sense for any Sox fan to vote for Liriano, the guy will not even pitch in the game if he makes it, so the whole "he'll help us win the game" angle is not going to work here. It doesn't help AJ if he's splitty votes from Sox fans.

If you don't want to vote for AJ then don't vote at all seriously.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
Gimmie a break, just vote for AJ

Thank you boys :gosox1:

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
I vote for Fransico Lriano once, and than AJ 5. Lriano than AJ.

AJ makes it- cool another Sox player gets in

Lriano makes it - the AL gets the games hottest pitcher to win the game.

:headshake

Anyways, I ran out of e-mails so I'm using e-mails from buddies who are cubs, yanks, and boston fans...Hope they enjoy the MLB promotional e-mails they'll be getting...

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
I vote for Fransico Lriano once, and than AJ 5. Lriano than AJ.

AJ makes it- cool another Sox player gets in

Lriano makes it - the AL gets the games hottest pitcher to win the game.

:banghead

Just vote for AJ. :gosox1:

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
:headshake

Anyways, I ran out of e-mails so I'm using e-mails from buddies who are cubs, yanks, and boston fans...Hope they enjoy the MLB promotional e-mails they'll be getting...

Wait, they have a limit on how many times you can vote with an email? It hasn't told me once.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
If you think for one second that fans of other teams would vote for the more deserving player if the situations were reversed, you're dead wrong.

Since when is the ASG about the most deserving player anyway? From what I remember it's always been about the coaches of the teams whoring off thier own players and the every player from the Yankees and Red Sox starting the game.

Johan Santana, Kenny Rogers, Jose Contreras, Mark Buehrle, Scott Kazmir, Barry Zito, Roy Halladay, Bobby Jenks, Jonathan Papelbon, Mariano Rivera, BJ Ryan.

Now when exactly is Francisco Liriano going to pitch? If you put yourself in Ozzie's shoes for one second and just think the way he does, how can anyone say that Liriano will even make an appearance in the game.

Liriano is 22 and great, he has his the whole rest of his 16 year hall of fame career to pitch in All-Star Games, this is probably the one oppertunity the Sox fan have to give mad props to AJ for being a major factor in bringing the organization a title last year.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Wait, they have a limit on how many times you can vote with an email? It hasn't told me once.

me either.

It did one time remove my email address and I had to re-enter all my info...(I figured that was 50)....but then it let me keep going

For those who think that the moral thing to do is to vote for Liriano, you should take a ponder on some of the opposing boards.

Minny fans think that Morneau should be on the team instead of Konerko.

Boston fans think their entire team should start instead of any whitesox player, and they wish that we would change our names so people dont get confused with whole sox thing.

And indian fans are trying to figure out how a travesty that Pronk didnt make it, because he is better than Konerko and Thome combined and they are still waiting for their run.

JUST f***ING VOTE FOR AJ, WHO THE HELL CARES IF ANYONE ELSE DESERVES TO MAKE IT. AJ DESERVES TO MAKE IT, AND IF IT PISSES OFF OTHER BASEBALL FOLKS...A NICE PILE OF EAT s*** TO THEM THEN.

If you havent voted 1000 times, then you arent doing your job.

The fact that bloody sawk isnt making the team, makes me happy inside. Especially after he said he wanted to start. LOL

Hopefully his XBOX has the updated rosters, and the allstar feature.

For those who think Liriano deserves it, think about what AJ has done for this team. He is a HUGE part of the way that the Sox have played this year as well as last year.

This is one way that fans can show they are 100% behind him. Let him know that Sox fans appreciate what he has done!