Elecciones 2006

KipWellsFan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
Weird. It's an exact reversal it seems.

It seems like a lot of votes were missing from the preliminary totals and I seem to remember that the votes being reported never did reach 100%.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
less weird and more like a corrupt recount

Well it seems to me that the preliminary totals were off if anything. But I'm not going to claim that I really have any idea what's going on down south.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Well it seems to me that the preliminary totals were off if anything. But I'm not going to claim that I really have any idea what's going on down south.

I'm sure that there's plenty of corruption on both sides.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
Hard to do, the NAP is the party in power, I do believe.

oh, i'm sure they've found a way

i really don't care if they elect an anti-american government. it'll just give us more reason to close off the border.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
oh, i'm sure they've found a way

i really don't care if they elect an anti-american government. it'll just give us more reason to close off the border.

I'm not so sure that Obrador is actually anti-american. After reading his wikipedia page he seems like your average center-left politician in a global context. And perhaps I'm mistaken but I've never heard him say anything in the Chavez or Morales vein.

That being said from my bad math projections I think Calderon is going to win by about 0.24% (make that 0.30% after the last update). That is, if the final votes come in the way they have been for the last hour.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/noticias.html

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
It seems like a lot of votes were missing from the preliminary totals and I seem to remember that the votes being reported never did reach 100%.

Some of the votes reported as "missing" were ineligible ballots (illegible, extraneous marks, etc). I think there were a couple million such votes. But they did a 'best guess' count on those ballots on the first count, and by that count, iirc, Calderon still would have won with a .6% lead (instead of a 1% lead).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
I have not seen one single news report that is showing the actual vote counts, only %'s. Now why is that?

I was wondering the same thing last night. I'm not sure the group doing the counting has actually released the numbers.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 4, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
You really don't know much about Mexican elections.

Geeze, forget to put something in green ONE TIME and you go all crazy on me! OK, I will remember this time. You know, if they recount those ballots down there enough times, I bet Al Gore wins!

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
Geeze, forget to put something in green ONE TIME and you go all crazy on me! OK, I will remember this time. You know, if they recount those ballots down there enough times, I bet Al Gore wins!

I was just saying that the PRI has been notoriously corrupt in the past elections. How was I supposed to know the election savvy on the worldwide circuit of the community here, haha.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 12:05 AM)

No but somehow he did get 600 votes.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 08:38 AM)
i almost wish the communist had won...then we would perhaps have done more on the border than we are now

If the communists had won, there would likely be a lot fewer Mexicans running for the border, but a lot of U.S. businesses losing their business in Mexico.

Me thinks you are confusing communism with Soviet communism, which wasn't communism at all.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
With 99.61% of the count complete, Calderon leads by a whopping 0.47%. Wow, this is going to be tied up in the courts forever. :headshake

Yup.

And worse, Obrador has said "It is clear that there was manipulation", and called for a large rally.

A peaceful 'let the courts work' message? Depends who you talk to.

Mr López Obrador’s language was unusually prudent: he referred to his planned protest as “an assembly” and said that he and his Democratic Revolution party (PRD) would “act responsibly”. But calming many of his supporters could prove difficult.

Mauricio Marmolejo, a PRD supporter, says he would allow Mr Calderón’s victory only over his dead body – and those of many Mexican men. “We will take this to its ultimate consequences even if the streets turn to rivers of blood,” he says, stabbing the air time and time again with his finger.

Going to court is fine, but Obrador has left himself no room to concede defeat, which is just shameful.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Yup.

And worse, Obrador has said "It is clear that there was manipulation", and called for a large rally.

A peaceful 'let the courts work' message? Depends who you talk to.

Going to court is fine, but Obrador has left himself no room to concede defeat, which is just shameful.

I think I said about 10 posts back - this is Hugo Chavez II. It ain't good. If this doesn't get settled QUICKLY, we're going to see a coup. I'm not kiddding. That will be nice, right on our doorstep.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:13 AM)
If the communists had won, there would likely be a lot fewer Mexicans running for the border, but a lot of U.S. businesses losing their business in Mexico.

they would be flooding the border if there was a new communist government in mexico. those systems never work.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
You know, if they recount those ballots down there enough times, I bet Al Gore wins!

:lolhitting

Edited by mr_genius