Orioles at White Sox 7/03/06

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
I just this evening came to the conclusion that we should trade for a starter, so I haven't given it a lot of thought. I'd give up a couple top prospects and a lower level prospect for D. Willis.

In general, for a good SP for the stretch run, I'd be willing to give up some of our best prospects. A WS this year is worth more than the "maybe" that each of those prospects represents.

The hard part is not who you trade for. The hard part is which highly paid player do you try and convince to move to the bullpen?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Suggestions? Who do you trade?

That's it. Let's be realistic -- we're stuck with this rotation for the remainder of the season. Perhaps next offseason as well, which hurts me to think about.

No one can feel content with the performance of our starters lately.

When I'm watching nearly every Tigers starting pitcher throw good games, Santana/Liriano not even know the definition of 7 run first innings or starts with more than 4ER it concerns me.

We built our team off pitching, not offense. If offense is all what was needed to win Texas would have won a few world series by now. They need to man up.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
McCarthy gives up another shot.

Why is almost every Sox pitcher pitching like absolute dog s*** lately?

McCarthy has either warmed up or pitched in each of the last 4 games. I don't think is arm is used to it. 20 hits allowed yesterday and 12 thus far tonight.

The hard part is not who you trade for. The hard part is which highly paid player do you try and convince to move to the bullpen?

Convince? You don't convince him, you just tell him. Of course they aren't going to like it. If it is Garland, he'll pout and complain, but f*** him. Let him whine. The way he's pitching, he doesn't deserve to be in the rotation of a contending team.

Guest JimH
I say wait until late July for a shake up, but that's just me

I believe there are a lot of teams in holding patterns re: the trade market. Too many teams are in between, the Brewers are a good example. Seems like it's a sellers market.

One thing for sure KW is not happy at all with all the runs being given up, in fact I bet he is more upset than people here. He does not take this stuff lightly.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)

If this is the route the Sox take, and I'm not sold that it should be, f*** convincing them....you tell them they are moving to the bullpen. Like Garland or Vazquez have any room to put up an arhuement.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)

You shouldn't have to "try and convince" them of anything. We shouldn't have to handle these guys with kid gloves if they're underachieving like this.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
:puke

i heard something on the radio today that the sox gave up 2b digit runs 7 times last year and that weve done it 10 times already this year. i dunno if the team as a whole or the starters themselves.....if so, thats baddd