So where's Jay been?

wilmot825

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
Where has the lil hineybird been? Just hope A.J. makes the All-Star team and can throw that in Jays dumb face. :gosox1:

According to the Suntimes he's on vacation and apparently he's going to be on vacation for a while longer.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
Mariotti is pretty much on perment vaccy from the sun-times. When asked about when he would be back the sun-times just said "weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks".

LOL, looks like the little ass-clown got himself run out of town. :cheers

8:30 Jay Mariotti of the Chicago Sun-Times called in to the show. Mike wanted to get to the bottom of his vacation.

This was from NorthtoNorth on the daily show log of the Mike North Show.

Did anybody hear what he had to say?

Edited by JoeBatterz

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
8:30 Jay Mariotti of the Chicago Sun-Times called in to the show. Mike wanted to get to the bottom of his vacation.

No one listens to that horrible show.

THey played a clip of the interview during B&B and Jay said something like he wanted a sit down with ozzie anywhere, just out of sight from cameras because he doesnt want it to become another "circus"!

He also talked s*** about JR calling him a cry baby and "the squeeky wheel" whatever that means.

THat is all i heard.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
THey played a clip of the interview during B&B and Jay said something like he wanted a sit down with ozzie anywhere, just out of sight from cameras because he doesnt want it to become another "circus"!

He also talked s*** about JR calling him a cry baby and "the squeeky wheel" whatever that means.

THat is all i heard.

You think Jay would learn not to throw around the insults so freely anymore after getting suspended from the Sun Times for attacking this very organization.

Wise up, moron.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
You think Jay would learn not to throw around the insults so freely anymore after getting suspended from the Sun Times for attacking this very organization.

Wise up, moron.

Why he didnt learn after getting fired from his radio gig... some people dont change for the better or the worse. In Jay's case... its the worse.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Why he didnt learn after getting fired from his radio gig... some people dont change for the better or the worse. In Jay's case... its the worse.

Actually, I'd say he did learn the proper lesson, and learned it well. As long as he was able to keep pissing people off, people would keep reading his work, he'd keep appearing on ESPN, and people would keep starting threads about him on mesasge boards. In other words, if he doesn't change, people still care about him, and he keeps his job.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
Actually, I'd say he did learn the proper lesson, and learned it well. As long as he was able to keep pissing people off, people would keep reading his work, he'd keep appearing on ESPN, and people would keep starting threads about him on mesasge boards. In other words, if he doesn't change, people still care about him, and he keeps his job.

Yeah, his employer cares about him, the negative attention he brings, how he bashes the paper, and all the revenue he supposedly generates soo much that they give him quite a long "break" in which he's missing a bunch of important sports events (the draft, All-Star game, our current slump, etc.) that he could be criticizing. Makes sense.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)

Yeah its good to a certain degree but if you go overboard its going to get you fired. So no he didnt learn his lesson because he went overboard on the radio and got him fired and now went overboard on his column and looks like he is probably getting fired again or suspended for a long time. Who cares if people are talking about you on a message board if you lose your job?

I heard it on my way to work. I don't know if I caught it in the middle since he was already talking when I tuned in.

He said he doesn't care that Ozzie was calling him names, but didn't agree with the f** statement. North asked him if he ever used that term with friends or anyone and he said no.

Jay said that he just took a vacation and that nothing happened with his job.

He also said that he doesn't understand why the sox are so mad at him because he talks about the sox the same way he talks about the cubs, bears, etc.

He said that JR is a little too sensative and whiney with his little squeaky wheels reference.

Says he would meet with Ozzie as long as there are no cameras.

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)

I listened this morning, and the one thing I remember him saying is that his editor told him a few months ago to take some time off, so he was acting like it has been planned all along for him to be off at this time. But then, Mike asked him why he said he would be covering the draft and then didn't show up and he said he decided to take a vacation. So what is it? Did he have this planned or was he told to go on vacation?

QUOTE(spiffalicious @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
I listened this morning, and the one thing I remember him saying is that his editor told him a few months ago to take some time off, so he was acting like it has been planned all along for him to be off at this time. But then, Mike asked him why he said he would be covering the draft and then didn't show up and he said he decided to take a vacation. So what is it? Did he have this planned or was he told to go on vacation?

Wait - are you suggesting that Jay may be changing his story to fit whichever situation he's asked about? Or that he might be flip-flopping?

He doesn't do that.....

:lol:

Hey Cuck the Fubs!

bkgod.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, my buddy's friend was working at some new steakhouse, and said this jagoff pulled up in a BMW and parked right in front of the door like he owned the place. The asshole wanted a reservation for 8 at 6:30 PM, but he told the guy reservations were full. The jagoff then said "well I think you can make a reservation for me. Ask your manager." So my buddy's friend went to his manager and I'm not sure what happened after that.

Anyone want to guess who that walking tampon was?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
Hey Cuck the Fubs!

bkgod.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, my buddy's friend was working at some new steakhouse, and said this jagoff pulled up in a BMW and parked right in front of the door like he owned the place. The asshole wanted a reservation for 8 at 6:30 PM, but he told the guy reservations were full. The jagoff then said "well I think you can make a reservation for me. Ask your manager." So my buddy's friend went to his manager and I'm not sure what happened after that.

Anyone want to guess who that walking tampon was?

I know someone who used to be his daughter's special ed teacher back in the late '90's. When it came time for conferences, Jay told the teacher he couldn't make it because he didn't want to become a distraction.

Bob

QUOTE(gosox41 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
I know someone who used to be his daughter's special ed teacher back in the late '90's. When it came time for conferences, Jay told the teacher he couldn't make it because he didn't want to become a distraction.

Bob

He would only agree to meet with the teacher away from the cameras, so it wouldn't turn into a "circus".

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)
I heard it on my way to work. I don't know if I caught it in the middle since he was already talking when I tuned in.

He said he doesn't care that Ozzie was calling him names, but didn't agree with the f** statement. North asked him if he ever used that term with friends or anyone and he said no.

Jay said that he just took a vacation and that nothing happened with his job.

He also said that he doesn't understand why the sox are so mad at him because he talks about the sox the same way he talks about the cubs, bears, etc.

He said that JR is a little too sensative and whiney with his little squeaky wheels reference.

Says he would meet with Ozzie as long as there are no cameras.

That just tells me that he can lie about what happened later on and there won't be any proof of it. He'd probably say that Ozzie attacked him both verbally and physically, while using racist and bigoted terms all the while.

I listened to the interview. Jay said hes taking some vacation time off, and that he wasnt suspended,

but that he and the paper thought (a few here suspected this also, including me) this was a good time to take some time off. His vacation right now has not as much to do with his "war" with the SOX as much as its his "war" with his own paper (just as I suspected) and specifically the editors there. He made a huge implication that he was "censored" back during the playoffs, and im sure his Editors were FURIOUS that he made that comment, because that kind of thing is reserved for behind-the-scenes consumption only.

He rightfully called out the Tribune for this kind of behavior with their own writers (I called out the Trib when it happened too, that incident was a much bigger incident than what was reported), and accused the SunTimes of adopting this new policy (slapping the Trib and the Times in the face at the same time-Note how he was ripped the following day conveniently by a Trib writer for not going in the clubhouse)

Jays comments towards his paper are like a Chef openly questioning the quality of a Restaurants food in the food section. That can be a fatal blow to papers who, are supposed to be reporting the news and not controlling the news. THAT, is why Jay is on a sabbatical. His paper is FURIOUS that he made that comment, but you can bet they will never suspend him. To do so admits guilt on their part

So is it vacation time, sabbatical, suspension, or what?

How much vacation time would a columnist have if his editor says he won't be back "for weeks and weeks and weeks"?

I think Mariotti is lying again, or at the very least not telling the whole truth. What else is new.