Official Soccer Thread

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 13, 2010 -> 03:12 AM)
GO GUNNERS!!!

Thought Arsenal were left for dead a couple weeks ago, but they do have an outside chance. Their schedule seems favorable the rest of the way, so we'll see. I'd still like a more consistent offense from them.

Obviously they miss RVP, but if they would have shelled out some money on a big striker like Edin Dzeko or even Carlton Cole (I don't rate Bendtner that highly) in the window, then I think they could win this season. I still think it'll come down to Chelsea and United.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karma is a wonderful thing eh John Terry.

Michael Ballack's nothing but a whinging dirty sniper also.

Suddenly Arsenal I think may actually end up winning it all. They've already play Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool twice already.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 05:50 AM)
Suddenly Arsenal I think may actually end up winning it all. They've already play Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool twice already.

I don't think Arsenal is as good as the others though. They'll slip up along the way.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
I don't think Arsenal is as good as the others though. They'll slip up along the way.

This is the run home. If Arsenal can get a result at Tottenham, they'll end up winning IMO.

Title Race...

Chelsea - 61 pts

Man Utd - 60 pts

Arsenal - 58 pts

CHELSEA:

West Ham United (h)

Blackburn Rovers (a)

Portsmouth (a)

Aston Villa (h)

Manchester United (a)

Bolton Wanderers (h)

Tottenham Hotspur (a)

Stoke City (h)

Liverpool (a)

Wigan Athletic (h)

MANCHESTER UNITED:

Wolverhampton Wanderers (a)

Fulham (h)

Liverpool (h)

Bolton Wanderers (a)

Chelsea (h)

Blackburn Rovers (a)

Manchester City (a)

Tottenham Hotspur (h)

Sunderland (a)

Stoke City (h)

ARSENAL:

Burnley (h)

Hull City (a)

West Ham United (h)

Birmingham (a)

Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)

Tottenham Hotspur (a)

Wigan Athletic (a)

Manchester City (h)

Blackburn Rovers (a)

Fulham (h)

Key Matches:

Chelsea - Villa, Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool

Man Utd - Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Tottenhan

Arsenal - Tottenham, Man City, Fulham

Nice goal there to get within 2-1. Even if the US can't pull out a draw here they've looked solid. Neither of the goals for Netherlands were good chances, a dumb penalty and bad luck on that deflection. Beasley really impressed me (see what happens when he's not playing defender Bob Bradley?).

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Nice goal there to get within 2-1. Even if the US can't pull out a draw here they've looked solid. Neither of the goals for Netherlands were good chances, a dumb penalty and bad luck on that deflection. Beasley really impressed me (see what happens when he's not playing defender Bob Bradley?).

Couldn't watch the game but saw that Maurice Edu was on the reserve list. Good sign as he's been hurt and there have seemingly been no updates on his status.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)

Beasley looked nice today. Maybe enough to get him on the WC roster.

Bad luck on the goals allowed but it seems like that is the norm for this team for some reason.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Couldn't watch the game but saw that Maurice Edu was on the reserve list. Good sign as he's been hurt and there have seemingly been no updates on his status.

Edu played today, also I was very impressed with today's game. 99 days

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Bad luck on the goals allowed but it seems like that is the norm for this team for some reason.

Yep, I swear they get more red cards and allow more penalties than anyone. I'm not even questioning the call (it was a stupid foul though), but it just seems to always happen to them.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
Chelsea beats Manchester Unbearable 2-1!

:headbang

Either result would have hurt my Gunners, but I can't stand the NYY of football so I'll accept a Chelsea win.

The linesman really f***ed up that second goal.