Official Soccer Thread

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 12:08 PM)
True, but Unlikable's goal could have been called a hand ball, so that's even.

Still 1-0 Chelsea.

Maybe,maybe not but it was nowhere near as obvious as the Chelsea goal.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 08:38 AM)
Either result would have hurt my Gunners, but I can't stand the NYY of football so I'll accept a Chelsea win.

i thought we were the NYY of football :ph34r: but then i remembered all of Real Madrid's offseason..

Great win Chelski! Had to win this with Wayne Rooney being out

Who the f*** are Man United,

When the Blues go marching on, on, on... :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 02:38 AM)
Pretty much all of you support the Yankees/Red Sox of football...

Come on you Spurs!

I'm a West Ham supporter.

They're pretty much like the Kansas City Royals if I had to compare them to a MLB franchise.

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)
Pretty much all of you support the Yankees/Red Sox of football...

Come on you Spurs!

I'll root for MU because the Glazers own the Bucs who are my favorite NFL team. But if they lose I'm affected as much as if I hear the Rockies lost a baseball game. Cant really get too excited or upset when I might watch a game once a month involving MU.

But I do look at the box scores every night when there's a game to see how the teams that have Americans did.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
I'll root for MU because the Glazers own the Bucs who are my favorite NFL team. But if they lose I'm affected as much as if I hear the Rockies lost a baseball game. Cant really get too excited or upset when I might watch a game once a month involving MU.

But I do look at the box scores every night when there's a game to see how the teams that have Americans did.

i get what you're saying. i was like that at first with chelsea but i found out of these pubs by my house that broadcast premier league games and ive started going there every gameday in my chelsea shirt and talk smack to all the gooners lol. makes it a lot more personal. :chair

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
i get what you're saying. i was like that at first with chelsea but i found out of these pubs by my house that broadcast premier league games and ive started going there every gameday in my chelsea shirt and talk smack to all the gooners lol. makes it a lot more personal. :chair

Going to the pubs are fun as hell. Being in Orlando, there are so many tourist pubs so I went to watch an England vs Paraguay game last WC and it was nuts. Standing room only and everyone wearing their England shirt.

I'll probably go back but not for the USA-England match this summer.

Sky Sports is funny.

I remember watching their sports show one afternoon on Fox Soccer during WCQ and they had some guy watching the Ireland game on his teleprompter and giving updates on what he was seeing. Then they would go to some other story and you'd hear the guy in the background going "ohhhh" or "ahhhhh".

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 03:36 AM)
This is the run home. If Arsenal can get a result at Tottenham, they'll end up winning IMO.

See ya. Arsenal only played well for about 15 minutes in this one. They just aren't as good as the top 2 this year. Still like Man City to grab 4th though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 06:56 AM)
See ya. Arsenal only played well for about 15 minutes in this one. They just aren't as good as the top 2 this year. Still like Man City to grab 4th though.

Yep, have choked down the stretch again.

Fabregas's injury has killed any chance they had.

United beat Spurs, so the pressure is on Chelski again tomorrow.

Arsenal playing Man Citeh right now.

My mob West Ham appear to have saved themselves from relegation after beating Wigan. If we got relegated, we'd be the next Portsmouth and go into administration.

• 2 weeks later...

If Chelsea win, starting in 40 mins, they've won the title.

Man Utd need Wigan to somehow snatch a draw and for themselves to beat Stoke at home which they should do easily.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Final round of Champions League qualifying underway today. BSC Young Boys is killing Spurs right now. 3-1 at half, it was 3-0 before a half hour. I always love rooting against the English teams in the Champs League, but it would be extra hilarious for Spurs to not even make the group phase.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
Final round of Champions League qualifying underway today. BSC Young Boys is killing Spurs right now. 3-1 at half, it was 3-0 before a half hour. I always love rooting against the English teams in the Champs League, but it would be extra hilarious for Spurs to not even make the group phase.

I was watching Kiev and Ajax. It was a great game but I missed the end. Always great to watch Shevchenko.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)

Pavlyuchenko scored a huge goal for Tottenham late to make it a 3-2 finish. Gives them a much easier shot in the second leg

• 3 months later...

Pathetic. Disgraceful. Ridiculous. Corrupt. Shameful.

The adjectives that can be used are endless.

Seiously...South Africa => Brazil => Russia => Qatar. Not exactly bastions of security. Good luck selling westerners on traveling to Qatar for this. FIFA is the most corrupt sports body on the planet. I really hope the US starts to pull some of their sponsorship and money from these events after getting screwed over once again.