Mid Season Evaluation

RME JICO

Mid Season Evaluation  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player has exceeded your expectations the most from the start of the season?

• Jim Thome
    • Joe Crede
    • Paul Konerko
    • Jermaine Dye
    • A.J. Pierzynski
    • Tadahito Iguchi
    • Juan Uribe
    • Pablo Ozuna
    • Matt Thornton
    • Bobby Jenks
  2. 2. Which Player has not lived up to your expectations from the start of the season?

• Brian Anderson
    • Scott Podsednik
    • Chris Widger
    • Jon Garland
    • Javier Vázquez
    • Freddy García
    • Cliff Politte
    • Brandon McCarthy
  3. 3. As a team, have the Sox done what you expected so far?

• No, They have exceeded my expectations going 53-28
    • Yes, this is what I expected at this point
    • No, I expected them to be better than this, 55+ wins

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
i did tell him that his panties are in the wash and that he was acting like he was on his period

hahaha

i think its hard to take that without saying anything in return. hahaha

True, but his response to RME was a bit much.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Count - Dominant in the second half of last season and even better over the first 2 1/2 months of this year.

Not to be picky but I would say his first 2 months this year have been dominant.

June numbers this year:

3-0 with a 6.21 ERA, batters hitting .314 against him. He needs to thank the offense for bailing him out.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
Not to be picky but I would say his first 2 months this year have been dominant.

June numbers this year:

3-0 with a 6.21 ERA, batters hitting .314 against him. He needs to thank the offense for bailing him out.

I agree and I'm sure he has. Let's see if Coop solved his arm-angle problem tomorrow.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
I agree and I'm sure he has. Let's see if Coop solved his arm-angle problem tomorrow.

What's the deal with the new arm angles? Are they necessary? He seemed to be just fine before he started tinkering with new arm angles.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
What's the deal with the new arm angles? Are they necessary? He seemed to be just fine before he started tinkering with new arm angles.

Jose added a new angle since coming off the DL according to Coop. They worked not not using it again since it threw off his control.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
i did tell him that his panties are in the wash and that he was acting like he was on his period

hahaha

i think its hard to take that without saying anything in return. hahaha

I realize that living in your mother's basement all these years and having the second largest collection of Britney Spear dolls make you an expert in panties.....but, not in baseball.

Is that better? :crying

QUOTE(PJBMD @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
I realize that living in your mother's basement all these years and having the second largest collection of Britney Spear dolls make you an expert in panties.....but, not in baseball.

I think your initial repsonse to this thread was also unwarrated. But you seem eager to be banned so I'll just let you continue.

:D

I still don't understand why this poll and thread are not trolling? It says, "these players have done well and these players stink." I find it offensive on a Sox talk site.

It does no good to chastise posters and then do the exact same kind of thing with a thread.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
I think your initial repsonse to this thread was also unwarrated. But you seem eager to be banned so I'll just let you continue.

:D

It also does no good to chatise one and let your buddies slide.

Edited by PJBMD

QUOTE(PJBMD @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)

No one is letting anyone slide.

But hi8is has been here for awhile is aware of the rules and consequences. There is no need to tell him.

You only have 7 posts and might not be aware that personal attacks are not welcome here.

Just giving you a heads up.

QUOTE(PJBMD @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 06:03 PM)
I still don't understand why this poll and thread are not trolling? It says, "these players have done well and these players stink." I find it offensive on a Sox talk site.

It does no good to chastise posters and then do the exact same kind of thing with a thread.

If we can't talk about what players have done well and what players stink, we might as just well close the forums. Your opinion is way, way off base here.

QUOTE(PJBMD @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)

Are you honestly trying to say that you think anyone on the exceeded list should be on the disappointed list... or the other way around? Come on, he hit the nail on the f***ing head... they all belong where they are. Anyone with half a brain would be able to go over one of the options with the mouse... click it... and then go down a little more and hit the ''Vote!''.

Where does it honestly say ''these players have done well and these players stink"? I may have honestly missed it but i looked twice and came up with nothing of the sort. If that hurts your feelings... what would you do if some one said that you ugly, smell bad, and suck at life? Would you have to go and get a box of tissues?

Serious question.

QUOTE(PJBMD @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)

hahaha

yeah, accually much better

you can stay now. =P

but you do have a very very odd point of view when it come to the context of this thread and what is offensive.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
Are you honestly trying to say that you think anyone on the exceeded list should be on the disappointed list... or the other way around? Come on, he hit the nail on the f***ing head... they all belong where they are. Anyone with half a brain would be able to go over one of the options with the mouse... click it... and then go down a little more and hit the ''Vote!''.

Where does it honestly say ''these players have done well and these players stink"? I may have honestly missed it but i looked twice and came up with nothing of the sort. If that hurts your feelings... what would you do if some one said that you ugly, smell bad, and suck at life? Would you have to go and get a box of tissues?

Serious question.

I DO disagree. There are two on the top part I don't feel are locks, and there are three in the bottom part that don't belong there.

But, whatever. The "buddy system" determines who is right. You can say people are "on the rag" if you go to junior high with the moderator. If you only have a few posts, "you fail to meet expectation" is way over the top.

It's called hypocricy.

QUOTE(PJBMD @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
I DO disagree. There are two on the top part I don't feel are locks, and there are three in the bottom part that don't belong there.

But, whatever. The "buddy system" determines who is right. You can say people are "on the rag" if you go to junior high with the moderator. If you only have a few posts, "you fail to meet expectation" is way over the top.

It's called hypocricy.

So which do not belong? This should be interesting.

QUOTE(PJBMD @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
You fail to meet my expectations!

What kind of BS poll is this? You pre-selected who has and hasn't lived up to expectations.

Do you work for the Tribune too?

What the hell are you talking about?

The poll was created pretty easily, I took the players that were outperforming their career numbers and put them in the top poll, then put the ones that were underperforming in the bottom poll. How hard is that to grasp? Why would anyone do it any other way? Maybe you think Thome is not performing at the level you thought he would; then do what others did and write in your response.

Threadcrapping is really productive.

And no I don't work for the Tribune, it is hard to do that from freaking Afghanistan.