ugh...

Goldmember

Who Will Play The Silver Surfer?

Source: Moviehole

July 3, 2006

Who will play The Silver Surfer in the Fantastic Four sequel, appropriately titled Fantastic Four and The Silver Surfer? It appears that an actor might not even be necessary.

Moviehole talked to director Tim Story, who revealed a new bit on the character. "The Surfer will be a new CGI design being developed especially for the movie. It's going to be incredible."

20th Century Fox has scheduled a June 15 release for the follow-up, which again features Michael Chiklis, Ioan Gruffudd, Chris Evans, Jessica Alba and Julian McMahon.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
I love Julian McMahon in a non-homosexual way. And I'm not afraid to say I love Charmed.

I too share the love for him, but I would never watch charmed.. he gets my heart from Nip/Tuck :wub:

would also like to throw in im thrilled that Dr. Doom will be in the sequel... he was the best part of the first one

Edited by T R U

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 03:43 AM)
I too share the love for him, but I would never watch charmed.. he gets my heart from Nip/Tuck :wub:

would also like to throw in im thrilled that Dr. Doom will be in the sequel... he was the best part of the first one

Really? I thought he was pretty terrible in it. I liked the movie, for the most part, but his voice was terrible for that role. Once he had the mask on, it just sounded all wrong. He sounded bored.

I have yet to see the first film. And 'm kind of bummed the Surfer is going to be in the sequel because it, probably means plans for an actual Surfer movie are being scrapped unless they use FF2 to springboard into some incarnation of the Surfer/Galactus saga in a Surfer feature film.

i agree the character should be 100% CG. An actor in a Surfer costume would just be corny.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 08:12 AM)
Really? I thought he was pretty terrible in it. I liked the movie, for the most part, but his voice was terrible for that role. Once he had the mask on, it just sounded all wrong. He sounded bored.

Its prolly because I just like Julian McMahon so much :D

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 08:31 AM)
Hopefully, the Silver Surfer CG will be light years beyond the CG used in the first move. That last move was just pathetic when it came to CG. THe scene when Reed sticks his hand under the door... bad bad bad bad.

i think the worse has to be in xmen when the cgi wolverine digs his claws in and swings around the statue of liberty (fighting sabertooth, iirc--been a lil' while since i last saw it)...

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
i think the worse has to be in xmen when the cgi wolverine digs his claws in and swings around the statue of liberty (fighting sabertooth, iirc--been a lil' while since i last saw it)...

Those 2 scenes didnt bother me much after I saw the movie Days of Thunder or whatevr it was. The movie where they go back in time to shoot dinosaurs and than someone steps off the path and it messes up the entire world.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:49 AM)
The movie where they go back in time to shoot dinosaurs and than someone steps off the path and it messes up the entire world.

THey made that story into a movie? I loved the short story. I had no idea it was a movie.