Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
I concur:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=12...q=6+man+tag+roh

Do Fixer vs Blood Generation 6 man tag match in ROH. All I can say is...Wow. That was pretty damn good.

And for good measure, the CM Punk vs Raven Clockwork Orange House of Fun Cage Match

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...3&q=cm+punk

Do Fixer vs. BG is probably my favorite match of the year so far, right there with Danielson/McGuiness in Cleveland.

The Punk/Raven feud was very, very well done. Punk's promo (which I can't find online) where he's dripping blood and tells Raven that he hates him because he reminds him of his alcoholic father is fantastic.

LOLZ!

Khal and Undertaker last man standing match for SummerSlam is being taken off the SS card because: Khali can't wrestle well live. The match will instead be taped for SmackDown.

The reason for this is after the house show matches between the two, it's been decided that Khali can't excel in anything physical on live television. Apparently all of his Smackdown TV stuff always has to be heavily edited.

Hooray Vince, push a hoss to the moon and then remove him from the PPV because he can't wrestle. Brilliant stategy! No wonder the WWE is so awesome!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
LOLZ!

Khal and Undertaker last man standing match for SummerSlam is being taken off the SS card because: Khali can't wrestle well live. The match will instead be taped for SmackDown.

The reason for this is after the house show matches between the two, it's been decided that Khali can't excel in anything physical on live television. Apparently all of his Smackdown TV stuff always has to be heavily edited.

Hooray Vince, push a hoss to the moon and then remove him from the PPV because he can't wrestle. Brilliant stategy! No wonder the WWE is so awesome!

wow...somehow i'm not shocked.

Shannon Moore's push is in jeopardy after a match at the Hammerstein. The crowd turned on him and he got on the mic saying "I'm not here to impress the internet" and really got pissed. He was supposed to beat CW Anderson but Vince changed the outcome and had Moore do the job.

The thing I don't get/like is this: Dave lost his cool and went off on the fans on the mic at the Hammerstein as well after the crowd got under his skin for booing his no-talent hoss ass. Yet he gets a free pass because he's a main eventer for whom Vince has a hardon.

It's the WWE it's not supposed to make sense...I mean this is the same company that makes a grown man wear a dress outside of the ring as well. Yeah, it's staying in character but come on. It really is a shame that these grown men have to stay in "character" outside of the ring.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
It's the WWE it's not supposed to make sense...I mean this is the same company that makes a grown man wear a dress outside of the ring as well. Yeah, it's staying in character but come on. It really is a shame that these grown men have to stay in "character" outside of the ring.

They get paid enough.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)

What about Eugene? He has to stay in his "character" outside the ring as well. What does that do to a guy's social life?

Edit: Here's the Regal/Goldberg match where Regal made Goldy look like a complete fool in the ring.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
What about Eugene? He has to stay in his "character" outside the ring as well. What does that do to a guy's social life?

exactly, how do you expect to meet women walking around with a satin jacket that's inside out and just walking around with the mind of an 8 year old. Again another thing that the WWE does, which i'll never get.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
exactly, how do you expect to meet women walking around with a satin jacket that's inside out and just walking around with the mind of an 8 year old. Again another thing that the WWE does, which i'll never get.

Eugene isnt doing that stuff to meet chicks. He is doing it to get paid. Otherwise he wouldnt be doing it. Its kind of like this to Vince: If you wont do it for him, whatever "it" may be, then he will found someone who will do it. He built this thing, he runs it how he wants to. He makes a ton of money being ridiculous because he can.

WWECW is still a hot topic at the E.

According to some reports: It's said that Brian Gerwitz and Michael Hayes are the main enemies of Heyman and ECW right now. They've been worried about ECW making the RAW brand look weak and have been doing pretty much everything they can to push down Heyman, who has been on Stephanie McMahon's bad side for a while now.

Kevin Dunn is also saying that ECW shouldn't have their own taping night with their own road crew.

NBC Universal also wants ECW to use Raw as a lead-in and keep storylines from Raw onto ECW.

--

I just find this hilarious that the writers that were shown up by Heyman's excellent booking/storyline creation are the ones complaining that he's making them look bad. Perhaps, and I don't know here, Steph/Gerwitz can make...um...Raw entertaining for once and make viewers want to watch instead of dumbing down ECW's entertainment value. It can't be that hard with the talent of Carlito, Benjamin, Edge, Flair, Foley et al. on there. Come on, Raw writers, STFU and do your job without complaining that you're being shown up like the (and I'll steal a line from Foley) "pieces of crap" you are. Many of these guys on the creative staff know nothing about wrestling or the wrestling biz and they are getting shown up by a storyline creative genius. But shutting the guy espousing quality ideas and programming that I'm enjoying is much more sensible, right Nipple H?

That's the problem with the E. Can't have something excelling or beginning to excel unless they're in with the 'in crowd' power players of the E.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
WWECW is still a hot topic at the E.

According to some reports: It's said that Brian Gerwitz and Michael Hayes are the main enemies of Heyman and ECW right now. They've been worried about ECW making the RAW brand look weak and have been doing pretty much everything they can to push down Heyman, who has been on Stephanie McMahon's bad side for a while now.

Kevin Dunn is also saying that ECW shouldn't have their own taping night with their own road crew.

NBC Universal also wants ECW to use Raw as a lead-in and keep storylines from Raw onto ECW.

--

I just find this hilarious that the writers that were shown up by Heyman's excellent booking/storyline creation are the ones complaining that he's making them look bad. Perhaps, and I don't know here, Steph/Gerwitz can make...um...Raw entertaining for once and make viewers want to watch instead of dumbing down ECW's entertainment value. It can't be that hard with the talent of Carlito, Benjamin, Edge, Flair, Foley et al. on there. Come on, Raw writers, STFU and do your job without complaining that you're being shown up like the (and I'll steal a line from Foley) "pieces of crap" you are. Many of these guys on the creative staff know nothing about wrestling or the wrestling biz and they are getting shown up by a storyline creative genius. But shutting the guy espousing quality ideas and programming that I'm enjoying is much more sensible, right Nipple H?

That's the problem with the E. Can't have something excelling or beginning to excel unless they're in with the 'in crowd' power players of the E.

I think I also read that Dunn claims that ECW shouldn't have it's own taping since it would take vince away from the office an extra day...For some reason I dont think it's working out like they (steph/hayes/dunn) wanted. :)

p.s. are we talking about the same michael hayes who was dok hendrix?

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
I think I also read that Dunn claims that ECW shouldn't have it's own taping since it would take vince away from the office an extra day...For some reason I dont think it's working out like they (steph/hayes/dunn) wanted. :)

p.s. are we talking about the same michael hayes who was dok hendrix?

Yep, one and the same.

I hope ECW succeeds just so Steph/Dunn/Hayes can walk around whining about it.

In TNA-land, Nash said he "injured his neck" and can't wrestle Sabin at the PPV tonight.

I'm believing this is a work and a rib on Hogan but with Nash's aversion to the job, it could be a "legit" injury.

I really like Paparazzi Productions but if Nash is doing this just so he doesn't have to job, that's pretty asinine. If its an angle, it could be effective if successfully booked the right way.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
In TNA-land, Nash said he "injured his neck" and can't wrestle Sabin at the PPV tonight.

I'm believing this is a work and a rib on Hogan but with Nash's aversion to the job, it could be a "legit" injury.

I really like Paparazzi Productions but if Nash is doing this just so he doesn't have to job, that's pretty asinine. If its an angle, it could be effective if successfully booked the right way.

Well, Nash is due for another injury...

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
Well, Nash is due for another injury...

Speaking of cursed...

TNA Hard Justice PPV had to stop early and be evacuated by firefighters for 20+ minutes due to a pyro fire in the building. They had to evac the whole building. They are just having wrestlers cut promos as the firefighters are doing their best to get them back into the building to finish up the PPV.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
Heel Christian >>>>>>>>> Face Christian.

And if that Nash thing is a work, that's just sad.

Kev needs to think up his own bits and stop trying to take the rub off stuff happening in the E.

Heel Christian is so much better...because that's...how he rolls.

This Sabin/Nash X Division thing is being booked somewhat well. I think in the end that if this injury was part of furthering the angle with Sabin and iif Nash does the job, it'll make Sabin look a lot stronger. I dunno how much of it had to do with ribbing Hogan but it can also work in furthering the Sabin feud since he'll have taken down Paparazzi Productions (one of the great stables)