Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
http://www.kurtanglewwe.com/letter.pdf

Kurt Angle's letter to his fans.

In one match against RVD recently he:

-pulls his groin

-strains the abdomen off the pelvic bone

-blew out his hamstring

He kept going and finished the match.

Thank you Angle *clap clap clapclapclap*

i'm really gonna miss that man.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Raw is entertaining...

Making fun of their own product with paint references.

Jeff Hardy saying the IC champ Milena and her in-ring muscle Nitro was like watching paint dry.

Hardy/Nitro was a good TV match with a poor end but sets up the feud for the PPV. Somebody with a pulse get the strap off of the Squirrel Ghost Faced Killa, Nitro.

When Masters was cutting a promo, a flash to Maria watching paint dry...Masters look so much smaller now since he's come back. I'm not sure I'm buying the full nelson as much with him being so much smaller.

Super Crazy is now on the A show! (granted with some terrible music that includes a lawnmower and weedwhacker noises) But still, Raw is Super Crazy! And he beat Masters in his first match! Can we be watching a Super Crazy push in the midst?

An hour into the show and no DX/McMahons on the screen for idiotic promos outside of what happened last week in a brief vignette? Holy crap -- this is gorgeous.

One hour down and one more to go. But really a solid program so far from an entertainment standpoint given the WWE's current product.

Flair seeing what it is like to be CM Punk for a few moments.

From wwe.com

Cryme Tyme debuts on RAW

September 4, 2006

Tonight a new tag team, Cryme Tyme, will be introduced to the RAW audience. In an effort to humor and entertain our fans the tag team known as Cryme Tyme will be parodying racial stereotypes.

Shad Gaspard and JTG do outlandish, outrageous “stunts” to ready themselves for tag team action on RAW. This attempt at Saturday Night Live-like humor is bound to entertain audiences of all ethnic derivations.

We hope you enjoy the weekly adventures of Cryme Tyme.

----

What could possibly go wrong with this idea?

Big Show/McMahon promo to sell the DX/Show ECW match. I don't mind that it takes up a bit of the show now because they gave a few matches and didn't have it dominate the show. I just wonder how, when DX takes out all the security, how are we supposed to buy that 3 guys can pose a threat? Well, then again, we've got a guy who has a cannonball for a head, skillets for hands, arms as big as legs and legs as big as people against DX.

More paint drying shown for Cade and Murdoch...and yes, my personal favorite funny tag team -- Haas and Viscera! "Oh they can explain...but they won't!"...Decent triple threat tag match.

Maria and Ric Flair kissing segment -- this is quickly going downhill...but Armando Alejandro Essssssssstrada (marks out like an overweight girl for Jeff Hardy) comes to save the day! This guy is so goddamn awesome saying exactly what I'm thinking "Flair, nobody cares what you have to say." Good advancement of the Kane/Umaga feud without making either of them look too weak.

This Cryme Tyme promo was absolutely moronic. Not funny in the slightest. It was like a nature documentary over a lame robbery -- oh I get it, mainstream America doesn't understand the lingo, mannerisms and linguistics of inner city blacks. Carlos Mencia demands his material be returned to him.

Main event seems like some lazy booking (Edge/Orton/Lita vs Cena/Carlito/Trish). Trish got rKo'ed -- hilarious. Entertaining match and capped off the evening nicely.

Who else is worried about the TLC match being a singles match? The previous were so entertaining because of the multiple bodies to pull off a lot of spots. The spots are going to have to be fantastic in the match to make it entertaining or they both just throw kayfabe and selling out the window and just go through tables, take a ton of chair shots etc. without fear.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
Big Show/McMahon promo to sell the DX/Show ECW match. I don't mind that it takes up a bit of the show now because they gave a few matches and didn't have it dominate the show. I just wonder how, when DX takes out all the security, how are we supposed to buy that 3 guys can pose a threat? Well, then again, we've got a guy who has a cannonball for a head, skillets for hands, arms as big as legs and legs as big as people against DX.

More paint drying shown for Cade and Murdoch...and yes, my personal favorite funny tag team -- Haas and Viscera! "Oh they can explain...but they won't!"...Decent triple threat tag match.

Maria and Ric Flair kissing segment -- this is quickly going downhill...but Armando Alejandro Essssssssstrada (marks out like an overweight girl for Jeff Hardy) comes to save the day! This guy is so goddamn awesome saying exactly what I'm thinking "Flair, nobody cares what you have to say." Good advancement of the Kane/Umaga feud without making either of them look too weak.

This Cryme Tyme promo was absolutely moronic. Not funny in the slightest. It was like a nature documentary over a lame robbery -- oh I get it, mainstream America doesn't understand the lingo, mannerisms and linguistics of inner city blacks. Carlos Mencia demands his material be returned to him.

Main event seems like some lazy booking (Edge/Orton/Lita vs Cena/Carlito/Trish). Trish got rKo'ed -- hilarious. Entertaining match and capped off the evening nicely.

Who else is worried about the TLC match being a singles match? The previous were so entertaining because of the multiple bodies to pull off a lot of spots. The spots are going to have to be fantastic in the match to make it entertaining or they both just throw kayfabe and selling out the window and just go through tables, take a ton of chair shots etc. without fear.

I too am worried about this TLC match being a singles...only because it'll be Edge carrying Cena, like every other PPV main event including Cena.

I mean i want Cryme Tyme to work...if only it were 2 black wrestlers without a stereotypical gimmick. I dunno, they'll get their push and then Vince will put 'em on the shelf as usual.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)
I too am worried about this TLC match being a singles...only because it'll be Edge carrying Cena, like every other PPV main event including Cena.

I mean i want Cryme Tyme to work...if only it were 2 black wrestlers without a stereotypical gimmick. I dunno, they'll get their push and then Vince will put 'em on the shelf as usual.

I missed the Cryme Tyme segment. What was it?

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
I missed the Cryme Tyme segment. What was it?

Basically a promo debuting a new tag team...both guys dressed up like you're stereotypical "thugs" they run into some smoothie shop and beat the guy up and take the cash. But think halfway funny, like one of the bad chappelle skits because during the promo one of the guys runs up to the security camera and starts to give shout outs to his homies.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
This Raw is entertaining...

Making fun of their own product with paint references.

Jeff Hardy saying the IC champ Milena and her in-ring muscle Nitro was like watching paint dry.

Hardy/Nitro was a good TV match with a poor end but sets up the feud for the PPV. Somebody with a pulse get the strap off of the Squirrel Ghost Faced Killa, Nitro.

When Masters was cutting a promo, a flash to Maria watching paint dry...Masters look so much smaller now since he's come back. I'm not sure I'm buying the full nelson as much with him being so much smaller.

Super Crazy is now on the A show! (granted with some terrible music that includes a lawnmower and weedwhacker noises) But still, Raw is Super Crazy! And he beat Masters in his first match! Can we be watching a Super Crazy push in the midst?

An hour into the show and no DX/McMahons on the screen for idiotic promos outside of what happened last week in a brief vignette? Holy crap -- this is gorgeous.

One hour down and one more to go. But really a solid program so far from an entertainment standpoint given the WWE's current product.

God lets hope not

Seems Matt Striker had a force fed line "There's a reason you'll never see a man of my intellect swimming with stingrays" and then clutching his heart on the recent ECW show.

Brian Gewirtz, that WWE creative writing genius was the one who developed the line, not Striker. It was followed by being approved by Vinny Mac.

I'm not sure that the E should have necessarily apologized for it. Joel Gertner (who I dearly miss in the new ECW) was famous for his risque speeches like being harder than the tree that hit Sonny Bono. But Gewirtz is still a f***ing idiot because the line was just canned heat for Striker who was already a legit heel getting a reaction from the crowd. Plus, it didn't make the most sense for Striker's character to be the one saying that. If they had Gertner or a Gertner equivalent, they probably could have made the line cringingly darkly funny. But alas, they just force fed it to Striker and demanded he say it for no good reason.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 05:22 AM)
Seems Matt Striker had a force fed line "There's a reason you'll never see a man of my intellect swimming with stingrays" and then clutching his heart on the recent ECW show.

Brian Gewirtz, that WWE creative writing genius was the one who developed the line, not Striker. It was followed by being approved by Vinny Mac.

I'm not sure that the E should have necessarily apologized for it. Joel Gertner (who I dearly miss in the new ECW) was famous for his risque speeches like being harder than the tree that hit Sonny Bono. But Gewirtz is still a f***ing idiot because the line was just canned heat for Striker who was already a legit heel getting a reaction from the crowd. Plus, it didn't make the most sense for Striker's character to be the one saying that. If they had Gertner or a Gertner equivalent, they probably could have made the line cringingly darkly funny. But alas, they just force fed it to Striker and demanded he say it for no good reason.

On top of the obvious problems with that line, it's not even funny or shocking.

So they even failed at that.

How unusual.

I wish WWE could get old time guys to start doing writing. Back in the day, their were no writers. All the wrestlers did their own things with some input.

Most of these guys they have are failed TV and movie writers who are fat and have no idea about wrestling history or psychology.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 08:37 AM)
I wish WWE could get old time guys to start doing writing. Back in the day, their were no writers. All the wrestlers did their own things with some input.

Most of these guys they have are failed TV and movie writers who are fat and have no idea about wrestling history or psychology.

You mean they don't have lights out matches and use ketchup to bleed during matches?

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:57 AM)
when is this stupid mcmahon vs DX feud going to end?????????????

If there is any mercy in the world, it'll end at the Unforgiven PPV.

Hey, anybody see that "The Ratings Killer", Randy O, got failed another drug test (pot) by Vince again?

But it's not going to lead to a suspension, he's just going to get docked some pay.

I guess his "punishment" is that he still has to work PPVs and Raw, but all he'll get paid for a couple months is expense money. No PPV buyrate bonus, no regular salary.

It's "sort of" a punishment, certainly better than a paid suspension, but it still doesn't seem too harsh.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
If there is any mercy in the world, it'll end at the Unforgiven PPV.

Hey, anybody see that "The Ratings Killer", Randy O, got failed another drug test (pot) by Vince again?

But it's not going to lead to a suspension, he's just going to get docked some pay.

I guess his "punishment" is that he still has to work PPVs and Raw, but all he'll get paid for a couple months is expense money. No PPV buyrate bonus, no regular salary.

It's "sort of" a punishment, certainly better than a paid suspension, but it still doesn't seem too harsh.

The wellness policy got changed -- failed tests mean that they just get docked pay and don't get taken off the road.

And dear god, that main event from Raw -- botches galore.

Backcracker, the plancha off Carlito's back by Hardy, Carlito falling through the ropes trying the springboard elbow...::shudder::

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
The wellness policy got changed -- failed tests mean that they just get docked pay and don't get taken off the road.

And dear god, that main event from Raw -- botches galore.

Backcracker, the plancha off Carlito's back by Hardy, Carlito falling through the ropes trying the springboard elbow...::shudder::

It was a bad main event, no doubt. I tried to stay interested, but 6 man tag matches with nothing on the line just doesnt cut it. I wish Vince would move a title or two during RAW or Smackdown! every once in a while. I know that the money is in the PPVs, but come on, the storylines are all washed together and anyone will team with anyone else anymore. The tag team division is a mess, they have good tag teams with nothing to fight for and no push. I dont think that anyone, anywhere, likes Cena and Edge. I kind of feel bad for Cena, he really isnt as bad as the WWe faithful think he is, but he needs to take a step back and try something different IMO. Edge just loves himself too much.

I think after Unforgiven there is gonna be a roster trade with Batista and Cena.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:34 PM)
I think after Unforgiven there is gonna be a roster trade with Batista and Cena.

Latest rumor from a good source is that Cena will not be moving to Smackdown. Don't know if that means he's winning the title or what, but I've heard he won't be leaving Raw. I think this is a bad idea as Smackdown could really use him and Edge is a good champion who could use an extended run.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
I got an email from TicketF*cker about the Raw presale for the show in October. The 23rd, I think?

If anyone wants the code, PM me.

Tickets go on sale to the unwashed masses on Saturday.

anybody actually thinkin about goin to this? It's just a thought since it's been awhile since i've been to a live show