Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 05:46 AM)
The Boogeyman won't be coming to get anybody on SmackDown! He's been released from the E because he wasn't making checkups with doctors and the E felt he wasn't giving his all to rehab the injuries.

Wasn't that guy like 40+ years old anyway?

There's only so much you could do with that gimmick, but I have to say I am a little surprised that Vince didn't keep him around through Halloween, at least.

Boogey was doomed from the start - didn't he blow out both knees just jumping onto the ring apron from the floor at his first house show? Yikes!!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
Wasn't that guy like 40+ years old anyway?

There's only so much you could do with that gimmick, but I have to say I am a little surprised that Vince didn't keep him around through Halloween, at least.

Boogey was doomed from the start - didn't he blow out both knees just jumping onto the ring apron from the floor at his first house show? Yikes!!

And I thought he would have been good as the 3rd member of DX. :bang

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
The best heel of all time had to be Ted DiBiase.

He had an impressive 10 year run where his "money" ended the 4 year title run of the then unstoppable Hogan machine. He was what everyone hated, a guy who could buy whatever he wanted and did so. It was the perfect gimmick.

Then, when he teamed with IRS they smashed poor old Brutus Beefcake's surgically repaired face which prompted the return of Hogan.

After he hurt his neck, then he started the Million Dollar Corporation where he again bought stars, even getting some of them to turn like Tatanka and of course, Sapphire who turned on Dusty Rhodes at the time. I'm sure there are a lot of things I'm leaving out but, DiBiase would be my vote for greatest heel of all time.

I have to agree. DiBiase was the heel that all other heels should strive to be. Maybe one day Orton will reach that level.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 06:46 AM)
The Boogeyman won't be coming to get anybody on SmackDown! He's been released from the E because he wasn't making checkups with doctors and the E felt he wasn't giving his all to rehab the injuries.

What a stupid ass gimmick, and truly a terrible wrestler. My friends and I made a bet that he wouldn't even be able to put in a 5-minute match at WM, and the under won easily.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 08:12 AM)
And I thought he would have been good as the 3rd member of DX. :bang

They better scrub DX soon, or add a couple new members. That s***'s just boring.

I'm watching the "Forever Hardcore" DVD documentary about ECW.

Good stuff, very in-depth.

They didn't have license for very much footage, so it's mostly stills and interviews.

I like it.

Also, I just read that Kurt Angle's manager announced that Kurt is retiring from wrestling and plans to get himself in shape to compete in MMA in 2007!

He's either a tremendous badass or he has a deathwish................or maybe both...........

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)
TNA is bringing back Vince Russo in a creative role. Why?

Their product is very good right now and why bring in this never was to screw things up? An on air role, fine, but creative? Horrible.

Evidently, the Jarrett family has forgotten how Russo drove WCW into the ground.

QUOTE(GaelicSoxFan @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
Evidently, the Jarrett family has forgotten how Russo drove WCW into the ground.

Technically, when Russo had control of creative in WCW, the ratings went up. He lost control for a while due to suit pressure and the ratings went back down. Then he had to dig them out of the hole again...The death of WCW is more on the suits who thought that wrestling was too "low-brow" for TNT/TBS and therefore did whatever they could to get it off more than it is on Russo.

So...who currently do you mark for?

I mark for (in no particular order) The Zombie, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Christian Cage, Kobashi Kenta, The Great Muta, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Hero, Armando Alejandro Estrada, Super Crazy, King Booker, Terry Funk, Mick Foley, Rob Van Dam, 'Our Teacher' Matt Striker, Rob Van Dam, Sandman, Sabu, Masato Tanaka, Petey Williams, Jushin Thunder Liger, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Super Dragon, Poparrazi Productions, Alex Shelley, the X Division, Finlay

And Mister Kennedy!

Kennedy.

My mark list is so f'n small right now.

I'd say:

Foley

Carlito

AA Estrada

Gail Kim (had to take Trish off the list :crying )

Kennedy

Christian (only as a heel)

and I have to admit to liking the current LAX angle where they used AJ Styles as a pinata. :lol:

I'll always mark out for Muta, but I never see him anymore.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
So...who currently do you mark for?

I mark for (in no particular order) The Zombie...........Rob Van Dam................Rob Van Dam............Finlay

And Mister Kennedy!

Kennedy.

Somebody REALLY likes Rob Van Dam!!!

:D :P

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
Somebody REALLY likes Rob Van Dam!!!

:D :P

I liked him in the first go around of ECW. What ECW is now is mainly a dumping ground for WWE rejects like Test and Hardcore Holly.

I got a better Candice Michelle one for you:

Sep2005.jpg

QUOTE(GaelicSoxFan @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 05:40 AM)
Technically, when Russo had control of creative in WCW, the ratings went up. He lost control for a while due to suit pressure and the ratings went back down. Then he had to dig them out of the hole again...The death of WCW is more on the suits who thought that wrestling was too "low-brow" for TNT/TBS and therefore did whatever they could to get it off more than it is on Russo.

See, I completely disagree with this. When Russo got to WCW, The NWO/Good Ole Boys network was in complete control of the show. The inmates were running the asylum. Russo tried to mix things up and move the title from Hogan/The NWO, and the NWO stopped listening to the creative team. Does anyone remember when Jarrett was supposed to fight Hogan for the title, and Hogan got into the ring and literally laid down in the middle of the ring and let Jarrett pin him, gave him the title, then they gave Jarrett an NWO shirt? The very next show Russo opened up the show and made an announcement that the fans would never see Hogan, Nash, Hall, etc. on WCW ever again because they were bad for the show(on the boards, there was alot of talk that Hogan was really pissed about having to lose the title, so they basically bought off Jarrett). At the time, I had no idea what the hell was going on, but I had a friend who was really into wrestling that explained to me what actually happened. Russo basically let all of the high paid stars of the company walk and collect their paychecks because they were ruining the show by running the show. The only problem was that the fans didnt know what was going on behind the scenes and basically had their reasons for watching the show taken away from them without being truthfully explained why. It was a bold and risky move by Russo, but it really had nothing to do with the demise of the WCW, it was already dying out. The programs were extremely stale and had no more continuity, and Russo was basically supposed to be a bandaid on a gaping wound. Then Turner lost his nerve and sold.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
Samoa Joe beat J-E-Double F J-A-Double R-E-Double T (ha ha! *tooth ding*)

The big TNA announcement --

KURT ANGLE IS IN TNA!

I'm not really surprised by this. TNA's schedule is so much lighter than WWE. Hopefully he takes some time to heal and get well before he starts up.