Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 09:12 AM)
So it doesn't step on any toes when Austin stunners Umaga to gain the win for Trump/Lashley.

And then stunners Vince to get him in the barber chair.

And then stunners the entire "creative" team for putting everyone through this.

I think you absolutely nailed how it'll go down.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
Hey now, I mentioned it.

/smarky.mcsmarkington

s***, you're right - missed it. I think no one predicted Homicide to have a long title reign, so it's fine. Morishima gives the ROH belt some credibility in Japan, where aupposedly it will be defended soon. ROH is building up Japan as a major market for them. Smart.

Edge v Punk v ??? so far in MITB. Punk used a new finisher on ECW last night - a fireman's throw into a knee to the face. Guess the agents talked him out of the Anaconda Vice. Also, Booker & Kane had a Falls Count Anywhere MITB qualifier on SD. I won't spoil it unless people want it.

Sad news today........

Former ECW world champion Mike Awesome, 42, has passed away. His real name was Mike Alfonso.

According to reports, Awesome was found dead on Saturday morning in the Tampa Area. Friends were coming to his home in Tampa to pick him up and go out Saturday night at about 10:30 p.m. and he never answered the door and found him hanging in the home. It is believed the death was due to suicide pending results of the autopsy.

In addition to working in the U.S., he also worked for FMW in Japan. He will probably be most remembered as the ECW champion that signed with WCW when he still held the title.

Tazz was brought in by WWE to take the title from him, as he jumped to WCW. Awesome announced his retirement from wrestling in early 2006.

Curse you 70's guy/Fat Chick Thriller writers for wasting the talents of a very agile big man.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
s***, you're right - missed it. I think no one predicted Homicide to have a long title reign, so it's fine. Morishima gives the ROH belt some credibility in Japan, where aupposedly it will be defended soon. ROH is building up Japan as a major market for them. Smart.

Edge v Punk v ??? so far in MITB. Punk used a new finisher on ECW last night - a fireman's throw into a knee to the face. Guess the agents talked him out of the Anaconda Vice. Also, Booker & Kane had a Falls Count Anywhere MITB qualifier on SD. I won't spoil it unless people want it.

Punk is using the Go2Sleep now? Somewhere KENTA cries.

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
Sad news today........

Former ECW world champion Mike Awesome, 42, has passed away. His real name was Mike Alfonso.

According to reports, Awesome was found dead on Saturday morning in the Tampa Area. Friends were coming to his home in Tampa to pick him up and go out Saturday night at about 10:30 p.m. and he never answered the door and found him hanging in the home. It is believed the death was due to suicide pending results of the autopsy.

In addition to working in the U.S., he also worked for FMW in Japan. He will probably be most remembered as the ECW champion that signed with WCW when he still held the title.

Tazz was brought in by WWE to take the title from him, as he jumped to WCW. Awesome announced his retirement from wrestling in early 2006.

Curse you 70's guy/Fat Chick Thriller writers for wasting the talents of a very agile big man.

Post 1173, scroll back to page 79

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
I think you absolutely nailed how it'll go down.

...and it doesn't even take any thought.

Sad, isn't it?

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 08:17 AM)
I find it disappointing that Estrada isn't in that picture. Not even in the background looking over everyones shoulder with that wide mouthed laugh look.

I'm also disappointed, but not even 1% surprised.

If AAE was a brainless fake-chested bimbo that Vince could shuttle off to Playboy, (s)he'd never leave your TV screen.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
I will not let this thread drop to page 2.

I was about to bump it by saying that last Thursday's iMpact! was the weakest one I've seen in a couple months.

Steiner does nothing for me, VKM sucks, they are indeed removing James Mitchell from the Sting/Abyss storyline, at least for now - which is a bad decision in my opinion - and the main event was weak.

EDITED to add that bringing that Sopranos actor into the Dudleyz/LAX feud is stupid. That takes most of the heat off the feud for me. It was actually fairly entertaining until TNA decided to follow yet ANOTHER failed tactic of wCw. Maybe Karl Malone or Dennis Rodman can be a distant relative of D-Von's next?

...ugh...

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
TNA sucks, I have given it some chances but I cant watch it anymore.. they are all worthless outside of AJ Styles.. don't you dare tell me Samoa Joe, Ill kill you.. I hate him so much

It's sad how far it has dropped so fast. A year ago, I think you would of thought differently, but Russo is ruining everything. Just a mess.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
It's sad how far it has dropped so fast. A year ago, I think you would of thought differently, but Russo is ruining everything. Just a mess.

I just don't get why every single match has to be a gimmick match

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 11:36 PM)
I just don't get why every single match has to be a gimmick match

Because Russo has zero imagination and they're too stupid to give Cornette the book.

MAYBE if Heyman becomes available, something decent might happen.

I'm just hoping this downturn they've taken recently rights itself - TNA was becoming consistently pretty good for a while there.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will not let this thread drop to page 2.

We need to get someone in here to pin this thread. It's the third most popular one on the page.

So Trump is supposed to name Lashley as his guy tomorrow night. I heard he was on the radio over the past week (predictably) botching Bobby's last name.

Why have a match with two champions where one monster is going to come out looking bad?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
We need to get someone in here to pin this thread. It's the third most popular one on the page.

So Trump is supposed to name Lashley as his guy tomorrow night. I heard he was on the radio over the past week (predictably) botching Bobby's last name.

Why have a match with two champions where one monster is going to come out looking bad?

Trump called him "Lindsey." I don't have a problem with this match-up - yes, someone is going to lose. Umaga lost at the Royal Rumble and I don't think it hurt him one bit. And it adds credibility to Lashley - he's the one that needs it badly. His weak squashes on ECW are not helping IMO. And it makes the match look pretty even on paper.

As for TNA, I don't even remember what the main event was last week. Adding the Sopranos star may seem lame, but TNA is constantly trying to get mainstream publicity, and think this will help. The worst travesty is this feud is turning the Dudleys into Italian goombas. What WWE has gotten right lately (in their main event picture), and what Russo & the TNA bookers are missing is the point of title feuds should be about GETTING THE TITLE. Revenge is a good motivation, but honestly, do we need to see an attack on a family member who isn't a series regular? It doesn't mean anything, because we as an audience have no investment in that person, so we don't care if they get revenge or not.

That said, the Cage/Angle match from the last PPV was pretty good. The main event of Destination X could be good, or very bad. This is the first time Samoa Joe has had a one-on-one match for the World Title. I doubt the belt will move, so how do you have Cage go over without hurting Joe in the process and repeating the same ending from the Angle match.

ROH in Chicago over the weekend got really good reviews on some of the sites I've seen. Joe & Homicide lost in the main event to Morishima & McGuinness. The Briscoes (who rule when motivated) won the tag belts over Chris Daniels & Matt Sydal. Love to see htem with a long title reign. Did anyone go?

RAW tonight. Lashley unveiling. Will there be a MNM/Hardys match at WM? Who will be added to the Money in the Bank match? Shelton Benjamin? Randy Orton?

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 05:08 AM)
ROH in Chicago over the weekend got really good reviews on some of the sites I've seen. Joe & Homicide lost in the main event to Morishima & McGuinness. The Briscoes (who rule when motivated) won the tag belts over Chris Daniels & Matt Sydal. Love to see htem with a long title reign. Did anyone go?

RAW tonight. Lashley unveiling. Will there be a MNM/Hardys match at WM? Who will be added to the Money in the Bank match? Shelton Benjamin? Randy Orton?

ROH was great.

The Windy City Fieldhouse was small, cramped and sucked as a venue (watch for "This place sucks" and "Frontier Fieldhouse!" chants on the DVD) but the matches were good.

Sweeney has a hit out on CC. The Windy City Deathmatch was AMAZING. Colt and Jacobs are either some of the best blademen in the biz or really trust each other. Cabana had scissors and kept cutting Jacobs open. The senton off the ladder through a table was an awesome spot.

Matt Cross really impressed me too in both of his matches.

The Briscoes botched the finish but went over great. The hilarious part was dueling "Let's go Briscoes!" and "Fallen Angel" chants with three guys screaming "MATT SYDAL!" in between.

And holy sweet merciful god is Morishima a large, large, large, large man. Just wow. He could eat three of me for breakfast. The sendoff for Joe was amazing and very cool as well.

And as for MITB: One name. Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiister Kennedy!

Kennedy!

Just a note for a Monday.....Ric Flair turns 58 today.

Ric Flair...this is for you....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 08:22 AM)
Jeff Hardy/Shelton Benjamin tonight for a MITB spot. Hoping Shelton goes over.....

Wrestlezone says Hardy and Kennedy should be the next in, leaving one spot.. ide assume thatll go to Orton

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 08:04 AM)
Just a note for a Monday.....Ric Flair turns 58 today.

Ric Flair...this is for you....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

He's a wheelchair-ridin', Depends-wearin', Denny's-eatin', Matlock-watchin' titty-saggin' son of a gun!!!

All the ladies want to ride Space Mountain....but the rails are rusted through, a few bolts fell out, and the power doesn't always run regularly anymore!

Whether you like it - or don't like it - try not to pity it, cuz it's the saddest thing goin' today!

:D

Dave was right - there were 8 spaces in the MITB graphic on RAW last night. Jeff went over, after Shelton took a hideous spill after slipping off the top rope. So right now it's Edge/Jeff/Punk/Booker and 4 more spots. Johnny Nitro cut a great promo on Melina, talking about how pissed he was that he lost to Punk, leading me to think there might be some angle to get him in there somewhere - either taking out Punk, or winning another match to get in. What would be a great way to go would be to put Matt Hardy and both Nitro & Mercury into the match. That way you could further the MNM/Hardys feud WITHIN the MITB match. If that happens, my pick for the last spot would be Randy Orton, to play up this feud with Edge. If that happens, it might be three tag teams with the partners fighting against each other in MITB. Interesting....

Edited by longshot7