Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so getting into TNA, and than they hired Russo and everything became a gimic match, angles didn't make sense, matches ended because of interference, and the match quality went down. WHY would they of hired him after the WCW fiasco?

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
I was so getting into TNA, and than they hired Russo and everything became a gimic match, angles didn't make sense, matches ended because of interference, and the match quality went down. WHY would they of hired him after the WCW fiasco?
Because the Jarrett family (who own TNA) are so f'n in love with him because he put the World Heavyweight title around Jeff's waist despite being a talentless hack. Edited by GaelicSoxFan

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd passed away on Sunday.

He was 68 years old. Former NFL'er and one of my early favorites when I first started going to matches. He'd occasionally work the Amphitheatre shows for Bob Luce's promotion.

R.I.P. Big Cat.

Destination X was pretty good. The stupidity was kept to a minimum for a change. Christian/Joe was terrific, and Sabin/Lynn was great despite the crowd. Senshi/Starr was great too. A couple others but I can't think right now.

What happened to MNM last night? Why aren't they on the WM23 card?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)
Destination X was pretty good. The stupidity was kept to a minimum for a change. Christian/Joe was terrific, and Sabin/Lynn was great despite the crowd. Senshi/Starr was great too. A couple others but I can't think right now.

What happened to MNM last night? Why aren't they on the WM23 card?

Cuz Vince doesn't want them as a tag team.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 12:01 AM)
I just saw that Orton got totally jobbed out to Lashley. Sheesh!

At least he fairly beat Flair AND Carlito to gain entry into the Money in the Bank match.. I was shocked to see that, hasn't happened in some time

So who is everyone's pick for the MIBT match?

Edge or Mr. Kennedy for mine. If they decide to keep Edge's WM streak going, otherwise Mr. Kennedy has been on a nice push over the past 6 months.

I actually think it'll be Orton, as I think they're going to try to build him up this year close to what he was a few years ago. The Carlito/Flair match was very good, and you can't fault him for losing to Lashley - Bobby is a champ, and in the most touted match on the WM card. Orton will move into a feud w/ Edge, turn babyface, and if this all succeeds, will challenge for the belt around Survivor Series time. Unless he really catches fire, and they can stretch it to next Mania, which I doubt.

Either that or Kennedy, but I think he needs a little more seasoning. For the record, I'll be rooting for Punk.

I must be in the minority. Orton may have the look, but to me he is lacking "It". He just doesnt come off to me as anything more than a cohort. He can speak on the mic, but he never says anything that makes me take notice. Its all the same thing everytime he talks. When he is jobbing it is painfully obvious because he doestn sell moves, when he is going to win it is even more obvious because he gets really cocky.

Orton has his shot, and never grabbed a hold of it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
I must be in the minority. Orton may have the look, but to me he is lacking "It". He just doesnt come off to me as anything more than a cohort. He can speak on the mic, but he never says anything that makes me take notice. Its all the same thing everytime he talks. When he is jobbing it is painfully obvious because he doestn sell moves, when he is going to win it is even more obvious because he gets really cocky.

Ill kill you

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually think it'll be Orton, as I think they're going to try to build him up this year close to what he was a few years ago. The Carlito/Flair match was very good, and you can't fault him for losing to Lashley - Bobby is a champ, and in the most touted match on the WM card. Orton will move into a feud w/ Edge, turn babyface, and if this all succeeds, will challenge for the belt around Survivor Series time. Unless he really catches fire, and they can stretch it to next Mania, which I doubt.

Either that or Kennedy, but I think he needs a little more seasoning. For the record, I'll be rooting for Punk.

On the first episode of the WSX marathon last night, there was a fan in the front row wearing a black AJ Pierzynski jersey or shirt. Was that you?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)

He's like 25! His title reign was to get the belt back on HHH. When he is 30 or 35 and hasn't done anything, than criticize him.

Orton sells moves almost as well as anyone in the WWE. It is not over selling like some guys do, but he is good at it.

The problem I had with him jobbing out to Lashley last night is because the WWE is pushing Lashley as their next star, but Orton should be their next star. I'm willing to be in 5 years, Lashley will be gone and Orton will be the top heel in the business.