Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 06:39 AM)
FWIW, Arquette was reluctant to take the belt, always wanted to make sure he never in any way looked "better" than any actual professional wrestler, and donated his wCw earnings to charities.

I don't blame Arquette for his "reign", I blame Russo, the Master Of Ridiculous Booking.

and what a great movie that Ready to Rumble was.

mmmm....Oliver Platt as a wrestler.

btw - watched TNA Lockdown on Sunday. Average all around. Some REALLY stupid gimmicks (blindfold match, electrified (NOT) steel cage, etc) but the main event was good as was the wrestling in the tag match. Also, I liked the X Division match - Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley make an AWESOME tag team, and the Senshi/Starr match delivered again.

Actually watched AAA on Galavision this weekend. Man, that's some weird wrestling.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case any of you watch Smackdown, unlike me, here's a spoiler for Friday:

Deuce and Domino win the tag belts. I've only seen these guys once, and I can't emphasize how f***ing stupid their gimmick is, nor can I emphasize how terrible wrestling is today.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
Just in case any of you watch Smackdown, unlike me, here's a spoiler for Friday:

Deuce and Domino win the tag belts. I've only seen these guys once, and I can't emphasize how f***ing stupid their gimmick is, nor can I emphasize how terrible wrestling is today.

As much as I mark for Spanky and London, I do gotta admit them having the belts for that long was getting stale. Duece and Domino winning the straps I can see. They're trying to get a marginal gimmick over. And as marginal as it may be, at least it is something creative and out of left field which makes it moderately entertaining.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 11:57 AM)
As much as I mark for Spanky and London, I do gotta admit them having the belts for that long was getting stale. Duece and Domino winning the straps I can see. They're trying to get a marginal gimmick over. And as marginal as it may be, at least it is something creative and out of left field which makes it moderately entertaining.

i believe on of them is Snuka's son

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
"Soxtalk's favorite wrestler" Randy Orton has once again dropped the ball. He's been sent home for "messing" up a hotel room.

If he wasn't a "3rd generation rassler" I wonder how much of this s*** Vince would've taken?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
If he wasn't a "3rd generation rassler" I wonder how much of this s*** Vince would've taken?

As much as I like the guy, you are right. They could send him down to OVW like they did Paul Wight to get his attitude straight.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 05:24 PM)
As much as I like the guy, you are right. They could send him down to OVW like they did Paul Wight to get his attitude straight.

The Big Show is off TV right now and in OVW because of an attitude problem? I thought he is on injury leave right now. And I was just reading on rajah.com that he is considering jumping to TNA as well(gag)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
The Big Show is off TV right now and in OVW because of an attitude problem? I thought he is on injury leave right now. And I was just reading on rajah.com that he is considering jumping to TNA as well(gag)

No, he means in the past Wight was disciplined.

His contract expired now, and he's resting injuries and deciding what he wants to do next.

He turned down a multi-year "intellectual property" contract from Vince a while ago, so that makes me think TNA is at least a possibility.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
No, he means in the past Wight was disciplined.

His contract expired now, and he's resting injuries and deciding what he wants to do next.

He turned down a multi-year "intellectual property" contract from Vince a while ago, so that makes me think TNA is at least a possibility.

What?

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 05:24 PM)

How dare you

There is nothing Orton could do to make me think he needs to get his attitude straight, Orton is the man period.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)
What?

Basically a licensing contract for his name, image, and any catchphrases or slogans relating to him.

He knows Wight wants to take some time away from the grind of the standard WWE workrate, so Vince was trying to lock him into a non-wrestling WWE contract, to keep him from considering TNA.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
I guess Wight is supposed to be rasslin' Hogan in some match in Memphis, and while at it he's been trashin the WWE every time he gets a chance.

The Big Slow vs Hasbeen Hip-replacement Hogan = match of the year.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 11:35 AM)
How dare you

There is nothing Orton could do to make me think he needs to get his attitude straight, Orton is the man period.

Ha Ha.

You know they won't fire or release him because we will be in Orlando the next day.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
"we"????

Something you feel like telling us, Brian?

:D

:lol:

Whoops-a-daisy. I'd like to say the 'w' and the 'h' key is right next to each other but that wouldn't work.

"It was reported several days ago that Orton recently got sent home on their tour over seas. For what is understood, Randy Orton was found passed out in a trashed hotel room that totaled to around 30 grand in damages."

I'm going against the wrestling community here when I say I think he will get released before week's end.

WWE is smart from a business stand point. I can't see them releasing him, although it would be deserved.

Do you investigate, I mean he was found passed out in the room. Doesn't mean he did anything. It could of been the hookers and steroid dealers that were with him. :P

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
"It was reported several days ago that Orton recently got sent home on their tour over seas. For what is understood, Randy Orton was found passed out in a trashed hotel room that totaled to around 30 grand in damages."

I'm going against the wrestling community here when I say I think he will get released before week's end.

I agree. This isn't the first time Orton has been disciplined by the WWE. I think their patience is wearing thin with him.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
:lol:

Whoops-a-daisy. I'd like to say the 'w' and the 'h' key is right next to each other but that wouldn't work.

Its ok to say we, I like to think of myself with randy orton in spirit at all times

About 15 years ago, a friend was treated very rudely by a WWF wrestler. I'll spare the details because the wrestler used some pretty nasty language, but I can't remember the wrestler's name. Another friend witnessed the verbal assault and he can't remember, either. Wrestling fans, I need your help. this type of stuff drives me crazy.

I think the wrestler had some kind of Cajun character, my friend thinks he was a bearded guy and suggested Cactus Jack. That doesn't sound right to me. Can any of you throw out some 1992 era WWF wrestlers that fit either description?