Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
They're too busy pitting CM Punk against the New Breed...

anyway, to the ROH fanatics out there, i'm thinking about goin to the show on 6/23...i've seen the Dedicated and Battle of the Icons shows from the beginning of the year, so is there any show or matches that are a must see? Or anything else I should know ROH-wise?

CM Punk vs Samoa Joe II - also from Chicago. Possibly the best match ROH has ever had.

random thoughts:

Morella is a good idea, but bring down the accent a bit.

I miss Johnny Nitro.

Khali as main eventer? Yikes. The worst part about this is how bad it will make Cena look. He's not good enough yet to carry The Big Stiff. Cena/Khali only until Triple H comes back?

Undertaker is injured - a torn biceps muscle. Will he drop the title by being pinned or just give it up?

Lashley is banged up - is he healthy enough to take the title back or will someone else take it off the Chairman?

Although I question the result, I loved the build up to last night's revelation. But how does a 7-foot, 400 pounder walk around backstage UNNOTICED?

Love Kennedy is calling his shot - but he's a heel. What if he's LYING?

Edge/Orton last night was terrific. Edge rules. Lots of near falls.

Haven't watched Backlash yet - I will by tomorrow.

Angle v Christian v Sting for the TNA Title at Sacrifice. Does anyone care?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
They're too busy pitting CM Punk against the New Breed...

anyway, to the ROH fanatics out there, i'm thinking about goin to the show on 6/23...i've seen the Dedicated and Battle of the Icons shows from the beginning of the year, so is there any show or matches that are a must see? Or anything else I should know ROH-wise?

It's already been said, but be sure to watch AmDrag/KENTA 1; also FYF Philly was very good, creation of NRC and you get an amazing Briscoes vs. Steen/Generico.

Also, once it hits DVD (probably just before the June show) check out this past Saturday's show. It has Morishima's best match in ROH so far and the awesomeness of The Briscoes/The MCMG.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 1, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
Love Kennedy is calling his shot - but he's a heel. What if he's LYING?

Then Shadows is going to have to rapidly update his sig, :D

Dead men get no "owie's".....or do they????

[credit wrestlingobserver.com via lordsofpain.net]

What was originally planned to be a long-term title reign for The Undertaker could come to a quick halt, reports WrestlingObserver.com.

The wrestler suffered a biceps tear prior to Sunday's Backlash PPV; following the match, he was in "tremendous pain."

The muscle is noticeably rolled up, which implies a complete tear off the bone and a six-to-eight month recovery period.

Undertaker committed to working a more regular WWE schedule for the purpose of long-term title reign, but if the injury is as serious as most believe, he'll be forced to drop the belt soon.

He was to be evaluated by Dr. James Andrews Tuesday afternoon. After determining if Undertaker will be required to drop the belt, WWE will then have to decide whether or not it can safely be done via a match.

....I smell a Vince McMahon UNIFIED CHAMPION RUN......and it doesn't smell good..... :D

That sucks for Taker. He has never held that World Title belt and I think it would of done a lot for its credibility for the Undertaker to have a nice run with it.

Matt Hardy for World Heavyweight Champion! =)

QUOTE(Brian @ May 1, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
That sucks for Taker. He has never held that World Title belt and I think it would of done a lot for its credibility for the Undertaker to have a nice run with it.

Matt Hardy for World Heavyweight Champion! =)

.....or Shane McMoney.....

Then bring back Stephy McHelmsley to take the Women's Strap and shut down WWE for good.

Worse people could be champion than Shance McMahon. I wanna see where the ECW angle is going before I bash Vince as champion. The pictures of him with the belt on wwe.com are funny.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 1, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Worse people could be champion than Shance McMahon. I wanna see where the ECW angle is going before I bash Vince as champion. The pictures of him with the belt on wwe.com are funny.

I just don't like the idea on general principle.

The 60-year-old owner shouldn't hold the strap, in my opinion, no matter how funny the owner can be.

I really do enjoy Vince's character for the most part, but he's been too involved lately for my liking.

Same thing for Shane - a part-time performer (and son of the owner) shouldn't hold any title, except maybe a joke title like the Hardcore title.

Edited by The Critic

ECW was good last night - but no CM Punk promo? What gives?

The Main event was too short and started off badly. Does anyone really think RVD will beat McMahon next week?

And why rush the breakup of the New Breed? You got time WWE, S_T_R_E_T_C_H it out. What are you, TNA?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)
ECW was good last night - but no CM Punk promo? What gives?

The Main event was too short and started off badly. Does anyone really think RVD will beat McMahon next week?

And why rush the breakup of the New Breed? You got time WWE, S_T_R_E_T_C_H it out. What are you, TNA?

I dont know that you can assume that the ECW has time to stretch anything out. I rarely hear anything good about the company and shows, Vince cannot be happy about that.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 2, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
I dont know that you can assume that the ECW has time to stretch anything out. I rarely hear anything good about the company and shows, Vince cannot be happy about that.

Vincw won't care as long as he has a TV deal. And, IIRC, ECW is still going quite well by Sci-Fi terms, so it's going to be around awhile.

There's no point in having the New Breed without the Originals around. Once RVD is gone, the rest will be cut as well. I think that's why they're rushing the angle.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
Vincw won't care as long as he has a TV deal. And, IIRC, ECW is still going quite well by Sci-Fi terms, so it's going to be around awhile.

Doesn't matter, the raitings we're in the mid two's now they're mid 1's every week. TV Networks don't want to deal with having it on their network because advertising rates are horrible for wrestling. Yes the raiting they do is tops most of the time on Sci-Fi, but they are quite happy airing their programming and would rather not have wrestling on.

I will respond to the ECW talk but this was just announced:

RING OF HONOR TO PPV!!!!!!!

http://pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=24212&p=1

Oh Thank God, yes.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
There's no point in having the New Breed without the Originals around. Once RVD is gone, the rest will be cut as well. I think that's why they're rushing the angle.

Doesn't matter, the raitings we're in the mid two's now they're mid 1's every week. TV Networks don't want to deal with having it on their network because advertising rates are horrible for wrestling. Yes the raiting they do is tops most of the time on Sci-Fi, but they are quite happy airing their programming and would rather not have wrestling on.

I think the ratings have been better since the whole McMahon/Lashley thing, and since the whole NBC/USA/WWE deal - they like the synergy. ECW is not going anywhere anytime soon. They have time to develop their storylines. There's no need to rush three weeks of storyline stuff in one hour.

And RVD isn't leaving until July at the earliest - and why not have a heel faction even if they feud with someone else than the Originals? Thorn, CorVon & Striker need that group badly. Without it, I wouldnt be surprised to see them as individuals disappear quickly.

Addendum to the ROH story:

In the Youtube video are Bryan Danielson, Roderick Strong, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Nigel McGuinness, Davey Richards, Delirious, Rocky Romero, BJ Whitmer, Claudio Castagnoli, Brent Albright, Erick Stevens. I assume they're the ones with the exclusive deals, but that hasn't been confirmed.

ROH Champ Takeshi Morishima is already under a deal to NOAH in Japan, but one assumes there's a deal in place to make this work.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 2, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
Addendum to the ROH story:

In the Youtube video are Bryan Danielson, Roderick Strong, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Nigel McGuinness, Davey Richards, Delirious, Rocky Romero, BJ Whitmer, Claudio Castagnoli, Brent Albright, Erick Stevens. I assume they're the ones with the exclusive deals, but that hasn't been confirmed.

ROH Champ Takeshi Morishima is already under a deal to NOAH in Japan, but one assumes there's a deal in place to make this work.

Meltzer said it was just going to be the show from 5/12, so it's not a live deal. He also said they can use Morishima, PWI said they signed 12 guys to deals so they can't be RAIDED~!~!

If you wanna wait to see what happens on Smackdown! on Friday, don't read this...unless you would like to know about the taker's future as champ....

'Taker to challenge Batista to a cage match for next week's show, where Batista will of course get the strap. While 'Taker gets the surgery and will be out 6-8 weeks. In the meantime there's talk to have Kennedy win the strap sometime this year cashing in his MITB win. I'm thinkin' SummerSlam for Kennedy to cash it in...but who knows...

While 'Taker gets the surgery and will be out 6-8 weeks. In the meantime there's talk to have Kennedy win the strap sometime this year cashing in his MITB win. I'm thinkin' SummerSlam for Kennedy to cash it in...but who knows...

6 to 8 Months not weeks :cheers

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 3, 2007 -> 11:13 AM)
In case they ask, the Revolutionary War lasted 8 years, not 8 months.

:P :D

Thanks to you I laughed out loud at work, didnt help that an old lady happened to walk in with a walker and shoot me a look. DAMN YOU CRITIC!

Well, here's my chance to try and cause someone else to have an outburst at work.

Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 3, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
WWE today cancelled 2nd annual ECW December to Remember PPV. VKM has made ECW irrelavent!

It's so irrelevant that you got the PPV's name wrong!

It is.....sorry, WAS....December To Dismember!

:D

I no longer think Vince is trying to kill ECW. I think he's just trying (and succeeding) to water it down enough to just be a third brand. Which is the exact opposite of what I think he should do. The "brand extension" has run its course, and he inadvertently admits this when he crosses "superstars" over from show to show.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 3, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
It's so irrelevant that you got the PPV's name wrong!

It is.....sorry, WAS....December To Dismember!

:D

I no longer think Vince is trying to kill ECW. I think he's just trying (and succeeding) to water it down enough to just be a third brand. Which is the exact opposite of what I think he should do. The "brand extension" has run its course, and he inadvertently admits this when he crosses "superstars" over from show to show.

I tend to agree with you about the brand extension not making a whole bunch of sense. The reason I think he keeps it hanging around is the luxury of having 2 main titles. He has 4 hours of TV to fill a week and a lot of superstars to keep happy. It's easier for him to do that with 2 titles than 1.