Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ May 14, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
have the new SD champ cleanly job on Raw!

way to go WWE

WWE, while owning both shows, sees them as territories almost. If a wrestler is leaving one show, he will put over someone on the show they are leaving to make them look strong. Doesn't make sense last night, but glad it was HBK that went over.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ May 14, 2007 -> 06:54 PM)
Dude, my post is in regards to Hartford on Friday and has nothing to do with the PPV.

Re-read it - my apologies. I read it on Sunday, and you mentioned "last night" - I assumed it was Saturday night - as in the PPV taping.

And Soxfest, yes, I do think I will be able to avoid spoilers. Nothing major happened on the ppv to warrant breaking news on any of the sites I read on, so avoiding spoilers should be realtively easy.

Also, to the RAW discussion, it doesn't hurt Edge to lose to HBK. Edge is established - he has the belt. For chrissake, HBK beat Cena cleanly on Raw a couple weeks ago, so beating Edge doersn't hurt Edge. I'd rather Edge cheat to win or a non-ending, but whatever. At least it wasn't as bad as the TNA PPV ending.

looking forward to Judgment Day, but for us in LA, we have PWG's Tag Team Tournament this weekend. Saturday's show features CIMA v Bryan Danielson - how awesome is that? Also in the tourny are Briscoes, Kings of Wrestling, Havana Pitbulls, Arrogance, Pac/Roderick Strong, Davey Richards/Super Dragon, Trailer Park Boyz, and Doi & Yoshino from Dragon Gate. Excited.

Here's the first look at the new TNA World Title belt:

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1246

Eh. Could have been worse, could have been a lot better.

It kind of reminds me of one of the old AWA title belts - not the super-size one Nick Bockwinkel wore, but the one Verne Gagne wore before that one, and they revived when Curt Hennig was champ.

Kind of non-descript.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
Here's the first look at the new TNA World Title belt:

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1246

Eh. Could have been worse, could have been a lot better.

It kind of reminds me of one of the old AWA title belts - not the super-size one Nick Bockwinkel wore, but the one Verne Gagne wore before that one, and they revived when Curt Hennig was champ.

Kind of non-descript.

God, JB is such a terrible color man. And how can the TNA belt be a world title if it hasn't been defended outside of the US (or f***ing Orlando for that matter)?

And June 9 ROH show...Claudio gets to pick a partner (from winning the right to the tag title shot) and he chose Chris Hero for his partner. So June 9 has Briscoes v.s. KoW.

And I am off to go watch the Windy City Death Match from FYF: Chicago between Colt Cabana and Jimmy Jacobs...and also the Reborn Stage Two show from 2004.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
God, JB is such a terrible color man. And how can the TNA belt be a world title if it hasn't been defended outside of the US (or f***ing Orlando for that matter)?

Well, to be as fair as possible, the old (read: REAL) ECW called their belt the World title when it was defended exclusively in the Philly bingo hall (actually, from the moment Shane "Have I Ever Mentioned That I Hate Ric Flair?" Douglas threw down the NWA belt), so anything can be called a world title in wrestling.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
Well, to be as fair as possible, the old (read: REAL) ECW called their belt the World title when it was defended exclusively in the Philly bingo hall (actually, from the moment Shane "Have I Ever Mentioned That I Hate Ric Flair?" Douglas threw down the NWA belt), so anything can be called a world title in wrestling.

Didn't ECW travel to Japan to do joint shows with FMW a few times?

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:29 PM)
What? The TNA belt has been defended outside Orlando, and it's been out of the US for shows in Puerto Rican house shows.

It's all a bunch of crap anyway.

Agreed. Let them call it what it is. If the defend it in the US against wrestlers from other countries, it should qualify even.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
Agreed. Let them call it what it is. If the defend it in the US against wrestlers from other countries, it should qualify even.

Even lame indy groups who run the same gym every show have a World Title. Just how it goes now.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
Didn't ECW travel to Japan to do joint shows with FMW a few times?

I'm sure they did, but the point I was trying (and failing, apparently :P ) to make is that they called it a world title from the moment they flattened and painted the coffee cans they made it out of.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
Even lame indy groups who run the same gym every show have a World Title. Just how it goes now.

In that case, I am the "Soxtalk World Heavyweight Champion"!!! It's official!

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 15, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
From WWE.com: WWE has come to terms on the release of Sabu. We wish Sabu all the best in all future endeavors.

Originals are all gonna be gone soon.

Minus Tommy Dreamer, I'd expect. He seems to be the type of guy they'd keep around as a road agent or something like that.

per wrestlingattitude.com

WWE issued a statement on their website confirmed the release of former ECW World champion Sabu, something which has been almost expected to happen for weeks now. According to one source, the plan for tonight’s ECW TV was for Sabu to put over Kevin Thorn. Sabu balked at the idea, claiming he had a bad neck injury.

There are some in the locker room who believe that Sabu arrived late to the tapings on purpose this week, expecting to be sent home since he’s made rumblings that he is unhappy working for the company. This isn’t the first time he has arrived to events without his gear either, including a TV taping a few weeks back where he had to wear Daivari’s gear instead.

In that case, I am the "Soxtalk World Heavyweight Champion"!!! It's official!

I'm the #1 Contender!!!!

Also, the plan was to bring back Chris Jericho around October for the Raw 3 hour "season premiere" but since the injuries, they're looking to hopefully have him back for a angle involving SummerSlam.

Edited by MHizzle85

I must admit, Jericho returning can do so much for wrestling. I've been saying for about a year now that if the Rock were to come back (it'll never happen), wrestling would be awesome again.

I would say it's the same deal for Stone Cold and Jericho, too...considering they can come back healthy to wrestle.

I'll believe Jericho when I see it. I don't see why he'd want to do it.

Expect a Bobby Lashley/Vince McMahon ECW Title Match for the One Night Stand PPV. Boy, that will send buyrates skyrocketing. Vince is an idiot.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
I'll believe Jericho when I see it. I don't see why he'd want to do it.

Expect a Bobby Lashley/Vince McMahon ECW Title Match for the One Night Stand PPV. Boy, that will send buyrates skyrocketing. Vince is an idiot.

The same reason they all do it. Money. Jericho hasnt done squat since he left, acouple of MTV shots here and there, toured with his band a little bit. He should be in great shape, healed up and ready to go if he has the fire in him.

Jericho would turn wrestling on its head right now, nobody can run a promotion like him, and nobody in the WWE right now has mic skills that can match him.

I think I'll head to the Smackdown tapings this Tuesday and post the spoilers just for Longshot7.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 16, 2007 -> 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- The reason the Snitsky promos have been airing on RAW is Snitsky may be heading over to the RAW brand to challenge John Cena for the WWE Title.(PWInsider.com)

Yeah....

I could be worse. Imagine he starts a feud with Khali for the title after Judgment day? :o

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
I think I'll head to the Smackdown tapings this Tuesday and post the spoilers just for Longshot7.

I could be worse. Imagine he starts a feud with Khali for the title after Judgment day? :o

Ha! Regular spoilers don't usually bother me - but title changes do. And since we don't have a spoilers thread and a non-spoilers thread, we should all be mindful that not all like to have surprises ruined. Generally ROH results don't bother me because it's usually several months until I see the dvds and by then, I forget the results anyway. I just thought since the PPV is next month and nothing major happened, my viewing experience will be enhanced by not knowing the finishes.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 17, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
Rob Van Dam has been given an early release. He is expected to take the summer off and probably be in TNA by fall.

In related news, Dixie Carter has approved unlimited overtime for all her writers this summer, in an attempt to find a way to make Rob Van Dam interesting.