Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alterbridge never sounded so sweet!

EDGE BEATS CENA! :D The ref didn't see the brass knucks.

To all the Cena marks: http://oldmen.ytmnd.com/

Chavo d. Rey

Show d. Sabu

The Fossil who Jobbed to a Couch d. Randy Resthold after Hogan was rKo'ed

Flair d. Foley (quality ending, Flair threatened to hit Melina with a barbed wire bat and Foley who was a mess quit so Flair wouldn't hit her)

Batista d. Booker (DQ)

DX d. Vince/Shane, Spirit Squad, Big Show, Finlay, Regal, Mr. Kennedy and Umaga

EDGE D. CENA!

Booker is going to be on Raw to be Edge's servant.

Batista got booed.

Big "Cena Sucks" chants in Boston.

Possible Kane vs Umaga feud with Kane fighting Umaga to the back. Poor Glen Jacobs having to do the job so often!

And the best part...

Edge won with a LARIATOOOOOOOO!

/puruesu mark

The first four matches were decent. Sabu/Show wasn't special but it was what it was.

Rey's mask fell off in the middle of the match. He picked it up, slid out of the ring and quickly put it back on. I'm sure pics will be all over the net soon.

Orton/Hogan also was what it was. Hogan can't do much and like last year vs. HBK, Orton sold well and made moves look "big". Hogan got his foot on the rope after an RKO so they didn't make Orton look too weak but he did get pinned after the big leg. Hogan takes so much time between the boot and leg. Thought for sure Orton would move and get the win. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a WM re-match.

The ending to Foley/Flair was awful. Flair about to hit Melina with barbed wire baseball bat and Foley started yelling "I Quit".

Best part of the main event was hoping Lita would pop out of her top. I know that sounds bad.

Booker and Batista was awful. No timing what so ever. DX/McMahons was the match we thought it would be.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
Didn't you say you like Orton, too?

Orton and Masters? That's terrible.

Ok? I f***ing like them

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
The first four matches were decent. Sabu/Show wasn't special but it was what it was.

Rey's mask fell off in the middle of the match. He picked it up, slid out of the ring and quickly put it back on. I'm sure pics will be all over the net soon.

Orton/Hogan also was what it was. Hogan can't do much and like last year vs. HBK, Orton sold well and made moves look "big". Hogan got his foot on the rope after an RKO so they didn't make Orton look too weak but he did get pinned after the big leg. Hogan takes so much time between the boot and leg. Thought for sure Orton would move and get the win. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a WM re-match.

The ending to Foley/Flair was awful. Flair about to hit Melina with barbed wire baseball bat and Foley started yelling "I Quit".

Best part of the main event was hoping Lita would pop out of her top. I know that sounds bad.

Booker and Batista was awful. No timing what so ever. DX/McMahons was the match we thought it would be.

Rey fought in WCW without a mask for a good amount of time, what he looks like under it isnt much of a mystery to most fans

QUOTE(T R U @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
Ok? I f***ing like them

Rey fought in WCW without a mask for a good amount of time, what he looks like under it isnt much of a mystery to most fans

True, but Vince still kind of likes to play that game with the fans that other leagues never existed when it comes to "his guys", so the whole mask thing could get played up a little bit.

And personally, I hate the ending to the Flair/Foley match. They're really screwed up on who is supposed to be the "good guy" and "bad guy" in this feud. If Foley is the heel, why would he sacrifice himself to save anyone, and if Flair is the babyface, why would he attack a woman with a baseball bat? It's stupid, lazy booking, the kind that I've come to expect from Vince's band of sitcom and soap opera writers.

Once again, what could have been a really great program is being botched by the braintrust over at WWE.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
True, but Vince still kind of likes to play that game with the fans that other leagues never existed when it comes to "his guys", so the whole mask thing could get played up a little bit.

And personally, I hate the ending to the Flair/Foley match. They're really screwed up on who is supposed to be the "good guy" and "bad guy" in this feud. If Foley is the heel, why would he sacrifice himself to save anyone, and if Flair is the babyface, why would he attack a woman with a baseball bat? It's stupid, lazy booking, the kind that I've come to expect from Vince's band of sitcom and soap opera writers.

Once again, what could have been a really great program is being botched by the braintrust over at WWE.

Flair while a face is still kinda of crazy, so I can understand him going after Melina with the bat and Foley trying to protect her, since shes heel as well, also makes sense in the situation however I dunno about him quitting just to save her..

QUOTE(T R U @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
Flair while a face is still kinda of crazy, so I can understand him going after Melina with the bat and Foley trying to protect her, since shes heel as well, also makes sense in the situation however I dunno about him quitting just to save her..

Supposedly the feud is to continue, so it gives that a good end without making either of them look too terribly weak in that despite the bumps etc., they couldn't get each other to utter (as JR put it: 2 words, 6 letters "I quit.") Gordon Solie is spinning in his grave.

I'm a fan of the feud and the matches but I think the feud is rushed at times to appease the casual fan rather than the hardcore smark. The casual fan can't wait for a few weeks for a decent feud with excellent psychology and buildup to occur, at least not when John "5 moves of Doom" Cena is ready to FU Edge/Lita and have the exact same thing happen again and again and again. I think the feud had pressure from WWE creative on Foley and Flair to set up for the PPV instead of taking the feud's progression more slowly.

And a Raw musing:

Hahahahahahahaha, Lita tossed that damn spinner belt in the river and we've got an Edge "Rated R Superstar" spinner belt. Fantastic! :D

Jeff Hardy on Raw...seizmic waves of the overweight emo girls marking out can be felt across the globe.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Jeff Hardy on Raw...seizmic waves of the overweight emo girls marking out can be felt across the globe.

He is still over as hell. Needs to chop off a few inches of hair.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)

Not to hijack this great thread, but I just want to propose my theory comparing Jeff Hardy with Scott Podsednik.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:09 AM)
And a Raw musing:

Hahahahahahahaha, Lita tossed that damn spinner belt in the river and we've got an Edge "Rated R Superstar" spinner belt. Fantastic! :D

Beautiful, I hated that old Cena spinner belt.

Anybody want to explain the last 15 mins. of Raw to me?

A heel turning heel again, Vince yelling randomly and nearly crying and the Hardcore Icon smooching the keester of the damned senile, incest-angle pushing sports entertainment moron before crying and kicking a car in some very poor acting fashion.

I tried to make sense of it or how it was even entertaining in the most liberal sense of the word.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)

A heel turning heel again, Vince yelling randomly and nearly crying and the Hardcore Icon smooching the keester of the damned senile, incest-angle pushing sports entertainment moron before crying and kicking a car in some very poor acting fashion.

I tried to make sense of it or how it was even entertaining in the most liberal sense of the word.

I agree, I just read it and I dont get it at all...Why is Melina turning on Foley? I'm sure the WWE has a great angle planned

I'm sure there's a very good reason for all of that................no, wait - I'm not sure of that at all.

I AM sure that Vince likes to have his ass kissed by adult men, and that Foley will do absolutely anything for "the business".

I'm also sure that this DX angle is going nowhere.

Awful, awful, beyond awful. What a clusterf***.

Meltzer was saying Foley was going to take time off here again.

So, it takes Mic off tv, and gives him an angle when he returns. Melina turning Foley turns him face again, although you can argue if he ever really turned anyway.

The whole DX thing is lame.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Meltzer was saying Foley was going to take time off here again.

So, it takes Mic off tv, and gives him an angle when he returns. Melina turning Foley turns him face again, although you can argue if he ever really turned anyway.

The whole DX thing is lame.

how can you sat that doesnt everyone loves some rebellion and green paint :bang

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
how can you sat that doesnt everyone loves some rebellion and green paint :bang

Oh yes, I must be mistaken.

Kids, I'm gonna go out and spray paint DX on the stop sign by my house.

DX-DX-DX~!

:bang

Hardcore Holly and "Our Teacher" Matt Striker (one of my absolute favorite gimmicks/wrestlers) are now ECW mainstays. This makes Tuesday nights just a tad more entertaining than they currently are.

Also, they released the matches on the Pillman DVD:

*Bruce Hart & Brian Pillman vs. Midnight Cowboys 4/23/88 for International tag team titles

*Pillman vs. Lex Luger 10/28/89 Halloween Havoc

*Pillman & Tom Zenk vs. Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin 2/12/90

*Pillman & Austin doing "A Flare for the Old" segment on WCW TV

*War Games 1991 with Pillman & Sting & Steiners vs. Four Horsemen

*Pillman vs. Ricky Morton 10/27/91

*Pillman & El Gigante vs. Barry Windham & Arn Anderson 6/12/91 loser leaves town match

*Pillman & Windham vs. Johnny Gunn & Zenk 12/26/92

*Pillman & Austin vs. Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas 5/23/93

*WCW Thundercage with Pillman & Sting & Dustin Rhodes vs. Paul Orndorff & Austin & Rick Rude

*Pillman vs. Jushin Liger from the first Nitro match

*Pillman vs. Dean Malenko 1/22/96 Nitro

*Pillman vs. Eddie Guerrero 1/23/96 Clash of Champions

*Pillman vs. Austin 6/16/97 Raw

*Hart Foundation vs. Austin & Shamrock & LOD & Goldust 7/6/97 Calgary Stampede

*Pillman vs. Goldust 9/7/97

*Pillman vs. Liger 2/29/92 SuperBrawl from Milwaukee