Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
Eh, other than Nitro & Kenny moving brands to hopefully see them get a push of some sort, the supplemental draft kinda sucked. I mean what the hell is Victoria gonna do on Smackdown.

SmackDown and ECW got hosed. Like civil rights worker in 1960's Mississippi hosed.

While I agree both shows were depleted, I still stand by the fact that ECW got better with subtraction. Smackdown moved some established guys out and will make room for younger guys to get pushed, like Matt Hardy.

ECW and SD could become good wrestling shows while people will watch Raw to complain about crappy storylines.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 06:36 PM)
Attempted to order the TNA PPV and for some reason it failed. On the phone with customer service. Yippee. 2nd time in 2 PPV orders for my cable provider.

TNA has got to get better and more organized until I order another one of their PPVs. Stupid match endings, guys being stripped of the titles. Just let Christian be champ for a year.

I'm sure Angle will win it tonight, but damn, TNA has ruined him.

Alex Shelley vs. Backlund? Ugh.

Any clue what they are gonna do with the Steiners now that Scott is out for awhile. I am interested to see them work together again.

Edited by Brian

The Rhino/Senshi (Low Ki) vs LAX match was pretty entertaining. Good curtain jerking match.

LAX jobs to Rhino and Senshi to open the show after Hector G. hot shots The Notorious 187 Homicide. Then he got Gore'd.

Not quite sure why Senshi was there instead of the jobber from the former AMW tag team that isn't heel.

This is my first TNA PPV, so I wanted to give it a chance.

Sonjay Dutt is now a peace loving guru preaching non-violence? How is this going to get over in a wrestling environment?

Sabin vs Black Machismo up now for the X Division title.

"Tonight, I have several of my children out here. I feel like Jim Jones." - Kevin Nash

Black Machismo is now the X Division champ.

Wycheck and Lynn beat Killings and Storm. Wycheck pinned Storm via piledriver.

Backlund pinned Shelley with a rollup.

VKM pinned the Bashams with a small package.

LAX beat up Hector Guerrero.

Robert Roode and Eric Young still going. Young lost initially after a cheap chair shot and the match was re-started by Cornette. Showtime wins with a small package.

Babyfaces have won every single match so far.

Steiner's mystery partner is...Road Warrior Animal due to Scott's injury in Puerto Rico.

Abyss pinned Tomko in the no DQ.

Abyss took a sick powerbomb bump into some thumbtacks, then took a face bump into some broken glass. Both took a bump off a scaffold through some boxes. Then Tomko took a Black Hole Slam into a pile of broken glass. It was a true "Holy s***!" moment.

Jeff Jarrett video saying that a wrestling ring is the last place he needs to be and therefore does not want to be the 5th man in the KOTM match. So, Wildcat Chris Harris is taking his slot. It was a really emotional video about the anniversary of TNA and then about his wife's fight with cancer and eventual death.

Christian v Joe v Angle v AJ Styles vs Wildcat

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
Kurt Angle is TNA World Champ.

Damn good match they put on. Pretty damn entertaining.

Are they going to strip him for some ludicrous reason as well?

I really miss the ECW shows at the Odeum. For beginners, it was 5 minutes from my house. Actually though, they were a ton of fun and very affordable. ROH comes close to it, but something about the ECW crowd and wrestlers was just awesome. I think the first time they ran the building Bubba Ray almost started a riot, got a chair thrown at him and it hit the ref. Their heel gimmick is one of the greatest of all time IMO

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 10:39 AM)
I really miss the ECW shows at the Odeum. For beginners, it was 5 minutes from my house. Actually though, they were a ton of fun and very affordable. ROH comes close to it, but something about the ECW crowd and wrestlers was just awesome. I think the first time they ran the building Bubba Ray almost started a riot, got a chair thrown at him and it hit the ref. Their heel gimmick is one of the greatest of all time IMO

Those shows were the most fun I ever had as a wrestling fan.

I had more fun waiting in line to get into the Odeum than I ever had at a WWE or WCW card. The people who went to ECW shows were LOONIES, and that made it all that much more fun.

The only things that compared for me were the Bob Luce/AWA shows at the old Amphitheatre on Halsted.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:07 AM)
Those shows were the most fun I ever had as a wrestling fan.

I had more fun waiting in line to get into the Odeum than I ever had at a WWE or WCW card.

Agreed. I remember at the first show I went to Tommy Dreamer used a wood pallet (sp?) during his match. After the match this idiot decides to reach over the railing and throw it back into the ring....

All of a sudden this 6'7" bodyguard with a mullet literally picks the kid up with one hand, and literally throws him out of the door. Needless to say the crowd popped.

By far my favorite moment at a wrestling show.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 10:39 AM)

Yeah, I was there. The main event was RVD vs. Jerry Lynn for the TV title if I remember correctly. The best match though was Spike & Balls Mahoney vs. The Dudleys. That was when Balls got powerbombed through the flaming table covered with thumbtacks. I think Spike also did a splash onto D-Von from way up high.

It is being reported that Sherri Martel did not die of natural causes, and the case is still under investigation by law enforcement. Meltzer said the police were in abundance at Martel’s mother’s residence in Alabama where the WWE hall of famer was found dead Friday morning.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 06:38 PM)
Who are Deuce and Domino going to feud with on Vengeance?

Major Brothers?

I wanna reminice about the old ECW days as well. I remember every Sunday morning after an Arena show, I was online seeing what went down and used to trade tapes online. I was such a loser about it. I miss the old days of competition. Even when WCW was sh*t, you would watch to see what happens.

P.S. A guy I know went up to some legends show in Milwaukee a few months ago, Sherri was there and was far from sober he said.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
Major Brothers?

I wanna reminice about the old ECW days as well. I remember every Sunday morning after an Arena show, I was online seeing what went down and used to trade tapes online. I was such a loser about it. I miss the old days of competition. Even when WCW was sh*t, you would watch to see what happens.

Those were fun times, weren't they?

Having three legitimate options (WWE, ECW and WCW) was really good times, even though, as you said, WCW slowly became unwatchable. And it was fun to be part of the "underground" ECW fanbase and to watch ECW on a crappy UHF station at 11:00 on Saturdays or whenever it aired (I think it was 11 on Saturday nights) was cool in its own way, too.

Good times, but unfortunately times I don't see repeating any time soon.

Randy Orton kills Mick Foley's promo.

Unforgivable. So boring. Thank God King Bookahhhh comes out to try to remove the stink of Orton's mic awfulness. But then BoreMe Lashley comes out to attempt to mumble incoherently and stink things right up again, but gets Cena'd before he can gurgle a single word. What a clusterf***.

This stupid, stupid storyline is going to ruin the entire summer of Raw.