Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if the LIVE crowd knows that Benoit had a family emergency. Seemed to come out at the last second.

I'll see what they do with Nitro as champ before I make any assumptions.

Seeing Magnum TA is nice. The matches have sucked so far but the presentation of the PPV is top nothc by WWE with all the historic references, footage, and stuff.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
Are there even any rumors as to who VKM's killer might be? I saw my 8 year old cousin last weekend, and he was distraught about Vince's passing.

Ozzie

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
Critic, I know you're all broken up about Vinny Mac kicking the bucket...but you've gotta be strong for all of us

But....but....without Vince, who's gonna come up with storylines like the Katie Vick thing, or "May 19th", or making out with Trish Stratus in front of his catatonic wife, or suggesting that he be the father of his own daughter's baby???

How can I stay strong when a GENIUS is DEAD?????

[vomit smiley] [rolleyes smiley]

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
Nitro's the new ECW champ....i'm gonna throw things.

Nitro's just holding the belt til Benoit gets back.

Benoit couldn't go over Punk for the bely, not as a face, so Nitro gets temporary custody of the strap.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
But....but....without Vince, who's gonna come up with storylines like the Katie Vick thing, or "May 19th", or making out with Trish Stratus in front of his catatonic wife, or suggesting that he be the father of his own daughter's baby???

How can I stay strong when a GENIUS is DEAD?????

Don't forget about Mae Young giving birth to a hand.

MVP retains, I love this gimmick.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
How dare you say that about the Andrew Dice Clay impersonators!

HEY! THEY NEEDED THE MONEY! OOOH!

*puts on Andrew Dice Clay voice*

HICKORY! DICKORY! DOCK! YA! MO....i'm not gettin a 3 day ban for finishing this.

If I was a kid, I'd probably enjoy the Cena booking a lot more. Think back to how we marked for Hogan when we were little.

I just smile that Edge has the strap and no more Batista to go after it on shows for a while.

Plus, ROH shows are more than enough awesome. I just got my meathooks on FYF:NY. I was happy with Morishima vs Joe but the match of the night for me was the Albright vs Whitmer Tables are Legal match. Albright has himself a good gimmick of being the hired gun badass brawler. When BJ Whitmer just lets himself be a brawler rather than a technical wrestler, he's much more entertaining. Too bad he's being jobbed out now and barely got any reaction last night against Marufuji.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...r-tables-are-le

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 11:33 PM)
If I was a kid, I'd probably enjoy the Cena booking a lot more. Think back to how we marked for Hogan when we were little.

I was a Bret Hart mark when i was a kid, then again some of you guys are a tad older than I am as well.

On the whole, I liked Vengeance, but they totally had the TNA Syndrome goin on tonight, with too many matches on the card and none of them getting the time they deserved. Punk/Nitro, MVP/Flair, Edge/Batista were all good - the WHC match the best of the three.

And the presentation was terrific - all those old wrestlers. Rick Martel looks OLD. I'm dreading the three-hour RAW tonight.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
WWE.com is reporting Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home.

I don't think this is one of their sick stunts either... I think this is real.

I'm not seeing this on any wrestling news sites yet.

It sucks that McMahon's stupid storyline is even throwing something like this in doubt.

I doubt Benoit would participate in a stunt like this, though, so I'm taking this as a serious report.

Unbelievably sad news. Benoit was one of the best.

RIP to the "Rabid Wolverine" and "Toothless Aggression".