Manny skipping All-Star game?

iguchi=dank

It goes in line with what Ozzie said (although contradicts what he said about Crede)

OAKLAND, Calif. -- White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen apparently has made up with Tigers right fielder Magglio Ordonez.

Guillen and Ordonez had a verbal feud going on in 2005 -- a one-man spat initiated and fought by Guillen -- that has since been patched up.

So harmonious is the new relationship that Guillen said Monday he would name Ordonez to the 2006 All-Star Game should an American League outfielder be lost to injury between now and the July 11 game in Pittsburgh.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../607040385/1004

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
So, one way or another, he'd be lying?

Ozzie doesnt have 100% say in who and what comes to the Allstar game. He has to replace like players/with like players. You would love to replace a 3rd baseman for the OF, however he needs to replace a like fielder/ with a like fielder. So magglio goes. I dont see the problem with it.

well he\'s already been criticized for taking 6. I mean, I love our team and think they should all go, but it does look a little odd that the team with the most representatives is the same as the manager and then taking one more :-/ as much as i want crede to go, i can\'t imagine that doesn\'t enter his thinking.

[green] although, it is ozzie, and he\'s never given a s*** about what people think AND we are the raining world champions so we do have 1 or 2 good players. [/green] (i\'m at work and the formatting here is always messed up, i doubt it\'ll show green since it always adds the /\'s and i look like a bumbling idiot, so i shall do the figurative green, muaha)

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
well he\'s already been criticized for taking 6. I mean, I love our team and think they should all go, but it does look a little odd that the team with the most representatives is the same as the manager and then taking one more :-/ as much as i want crede to go, i can\'t imagine that doesn\'t enter his thinking.

[green] although, it is ozzie, and he\'s never given a s*** about what people think AND we are the raining world champions so we do have 1 or 2 good players. [/green] (i\'m at work and the formatting here is always messed up, i doubt it\'ll show green since it always adds the /\'s and i look like a bumbling idiot, so i shall do the figurative green, muaha)

Which is bulls***, because out of those 6 players, guess how many Guillen ACTUALLY picked.

One.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
Which is bulls***, because out of those 6 players, guess how many Guillen ACTUALLY picked.

One.

Was it one?

I thought he picked Jenks, Buehrle and Konerko.

Contreras, Thome & Dye were voted in by the players.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)

One.

Or three... :P

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
Was it one?

I thought he picked Jenks, Buehrle and Konerko.

Contreras, Thome & Dye were voted in by the players.

Ah.. bastard

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
All that chlorine in your head made ya slow. :P

You know it. I didn't move more than 20 feet from it from 8am to 6pm yesterday. I'm a lobster today. :lol:

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)

Yeah, cause Joe Torre never loaded the team with Yankees. Ozzie gets the ability to do what he wants...so f*** everyone else.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
So, one way or another, he'd be lying?

Isn't Alex Rios on the DL too with that leg infection. That makes two open spots if this is the case. No Manny and no Rios would mean two new players, I think at least one has to be an outfielder so that our team has enough.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
Isn't Alex Rios on the DL too with that leg infection. That makes two open spots if this is the case. No Manny and no Rios would mean two new players, I think at least one has to be an outfielder so that our team has enough.

He was replaced by Gary Matthews Jr.

If Ozzie is going to name Crede as a replacement, he should wait until this AJ voting ends. AJ is going to need votes from non-White Sox fans. Another White Sox on the team would probably hurt his chances just because a lot of people will think the Sox have too many players on the team as it is. AJ has a tough road to win this vote as it is, considering his lack of popularity around the league. If he wins, nobody should ever question White Sox fans loyalty and determination ever again. As far as naming Maggs, maybe the sensitivity training worked.

Edited by Dick Allen

Ozzie chose TWO players; Buehrle and Jenks.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...r2006&fext=.jsp

Players' selections include Jose Contreras, the right-hander closing in on an undefeated year, Paul Konerko, Jim Thome and Jermaine Dye.

I also read somewhere on Monday that if an infielder went down, Crede gets to go...But that Magglio was the OF replacement. Can't find that article now, though.

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
Ozzie chose TWO players; Buehrle and Jenks.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...r2006&fext=.jsp

I also read somewhere on Monday that if an infielder went down, Crede gets to go...But that Magglio was the OF replacement. Can't find that article now, though.

Ozzie chose 3 players. I'd take Scott Reifert's word over MLB.com's

So, really, Ozzie had three picks of his own and used them on Konerko, Jenks and Buehrle.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_th...y_and_the_.html

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
If Ozzie is going to name Crede as a replacement, he should wait until this AJ voting ends. AJ is going to need votes from non-White Sox fans. Another White Sox on the team would probably hurt his chances just because a lot of people will think the Sox have too many players on the team as it is. AJ has a tough road to win this vote as it is, considering his lack of popularity around the league. If he wins, nobody should ever question White Sox fans loyalty and determination ever again. As far as naming Maggs, maybe the sensitivity training worked.

There is no way AJ gets voted in. The best all around player in this vote is Liriano but he wont go becuase no one in Minny will do enough to get him in. Apparently Mark Loretta is a stud which i guess the entire league and GM missed out on and oh yeah Varitek and his awsome .240 avg were a stepping stone away from getting voting in. Im surprised Willie Harris didn't get voted in by the red sox fan retards. Seriously though, AJ deserves to go he is having an all star year and better than the one he had in 2002 when he was an all star with a .300 Avg, 6 homers and 39 rbi. He is gonna blow past those numbers this year.

Edited by joeynach

QUOTE(joeynach @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
There is no way AJ gets voted in. The best all around player in this vote is Liriano but he wont go becuase no one in Minny will do enough to get him in. Most likely schilling will go becuase everyone in MA, RI, NH, and VT apparently have nothing to do but vote hundreds of times for anyone in a red sox uniform. Apparently Mark Loretta is a stud which i guess the entire league and GM missed out on and oh yeah Varitek and his awsome .240 avg were a stepping stone away from getting voting in. Im surprised Willie Harris didn't get voted in by the red sox fan retards. Seriously though, AJ deserves to go he is having an all star year and better than the one he had in 2002 when he was an all star with a .300 Avg, 6 homers and 39 rbi. He is gonna blow past those numbers this year. But its too bad becuase anyone wearing a red sox uniform will win in any fan voting ballot situation so Schilling is your winner, GAURANTEED!!

That'll be pretty tough since Schilling isn't even on the ballot.

Oh, and Liriano (the one with no support) is leading the vote.

And the funny Keith Law has an ESPN chat going on right now.

Josh:( DeKalb,Il): I think that Joe Crede was an All-Star snub. Do you agree?

Keith Law: (1:11 PM ET ) No, although Ozzie Guillen has made it clear that he's going to put Crede on the team, even if he has to lock A-Rod in a stall in the clubhouse bathroom to do it. I think it's time to stop letting the managers pick the extra players. This is the All-Star Game, not the White Sox vs. the NL.

Todd (Boston): Keith, where's the outrage over naming Mark Buerhle to the All-Star team? Schilling, Mussina, and Liriano are all doing way better this year, and have more appeal anyway.

Keith Law: (1:14 PM ET ) I think because Buerhle has some track record, people aren't as up in arms over him making the team despite the fact that he's not having an All-Star year. But yes, all three guys you named would have been better choices. I'm surprised Schilling didn't make it, since he's having a great year, has been there before, and is a well-known name.

I cant wait until Neyers chat later today

QUOTE(joeynach @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
Most likely schilling will go becuase everyone in MA, RI, NH, and VT apparently have nothing to do but vote hundreds of times for anyone in a red sox uniform. Apparently Mark Loretta is a stud which i guess the entire league and GM missed out on and oh yeah Varitek and his awsome .240 avg were a stepping stone away from getting voting in. Im surprised Willie Harris didn't get voted in by the red sox fan retards.

Jealousy: It's a motherf***er

I'll bet that you voted for AJ a bunch of times, yeah? If so, then the same s*** that you're talking (ie "nothing better to do") about Red Sox fans also applies to you. If you're a fan of a particular team, you vote for the players of that particular team, unless, of course, we're talking about wack-ass Scotty Pods. :D :ph34r: