Anderson's swing

southsider2k5

Is it just me, or did Brian Anderson look like he made a change in his swing to get it shorter? Especially on his hit last night, it looked like he made an adjustment to get his hands through quicker, and shorten the movement of his arms.

Is it just me?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
Is it just me, or did Brian Anderson look like he made a change in his swing to get it shorter? Esepcially on his hit last night, it looked like he made an adjustment to get his hands through quickers, and shorten the movement on his arms.

Is it just me?

I dont know about his stance, but yesterday his hands going through the hitting zone were the quickest I have seen. When Brian was really slumping, it looked like he was dragging the bat through the zone. Now he is getting the good part of the bat on a lot of pitches in the zone. If he keeps hitting like this, maybe we can silence the X player needs to be our new CF.

BA is on the verge of a hitting streak. His ABs have been getting much better for about three weeks. Yesterday he went from 0-2 to walking. When he is making contact, he is driving the all hard somewhere. Too many have been at guys but that is just some luck. He is starting to get confident in the box. He should start having some good games in the very near future. With Uribe hitting the tar out of the ball too, the bottom won't be the easy pass it has been so far this season.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
I noticed that too, and it also looks like uribe has made some sort of change to his stance which has him hittting better.

There is no doubt that his is different than before. His bat used to be upright and held out in front of him, but now it is slanted and over his shoulder. It also looks like he is is more closed and maybe squatted down a little further.

Edited by Heads22

This is what happens. The year goes on, he gets more comfertable, and his swing starts to improve. As long as he's getting good cuts and playing amazing defense, I don't really care what his average is.